Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@Xaphist

2) Edit => Zoom => ??? => profit!

Yikes, I'm so dumb. I guess maybe a hotkey for this would be nice?

3) I'm not sure what you mean by triplet but if you go to Edit=>Grid Snap you have different value that should work for your specific case (i've yet to find a song that doesn't fall on any of those grid value)

Yea you can use the custom grid settings to get a triplet but the default ones are all divisible my two. I've just been putting 3 into the custom thing when I need it, so this is just a small request for convenience. 

4) That's a great idea that i like

5) F1 => ??? => Profit! Granted it requires a bit of reading but it will surely help you figure out most of what you need

Yea, I've seen that one but it actually doesn't include bends, slides, C for claps, or even the "n" screen. Seems more focused on what would be needed to use this for rockband or something than rocksmith. Perhaps we could assemble all the missing hotkeys and give to Rayne to add?

6) Time length shouldn't change as long as you stay on a time signature that is using the same denominator. As for adding measure i'm not really sure where you would need this as there's already measure from the beginning to the end of the song if you set your beat map properly.

Often my guitar pro file is not exact if there is a long drum solo or something, but I don't notice the missing measure until I'm already deep into the song. So adding a measure would be handy. And I think it actually keeps the beats the same length when changing time sigs. I had to change a 4/4 to a 3/4 recently and it threw it all off.

2) Zoom in!!!

You can also use the + and - keys on the numberpad to zoom in and out without using the menu.

Yea you can use the custom grid settings to get a triplet but the default ones are all divisible my two. I've just been putting 3 into the custom thing when I need it, so this is just a small request for convenience.

You can use 1/12, 1/24, 1/48, 1/96 to achieve grid snap intervals equal to 1/3 beat, 1/3 half-beat, 1/3 quarter beat and 1/3 eighth beat.

4) Information panel shows current tone in effect for selection

I can add this.

5) Help options which list all hotkeys. I've had to find out a lot from the forums or by accident -- even simple ones like slides and bends.

Any menu function that has a shortcut has it listed to the side of the menu function. Help>Keys should list every single one that didn't have a relevant menu function to display them with.

6) Add measures and change measure number of beats while keeping it the same time length.

If you want to add beats/measures while keeping most of the beat map's timing as-is, you can anchor two beats (ie. select each and press A and EOF will draw a red arrow beneath) and then select one of the beats before the latter of the two and use Beat>Add. This will increase the tempo on the earlier beat enough to fit another beat into the space between the two anchors. This will change the measure numbering accordingly. You can use Beat>Delete to do the opposite and lower the tempo to remove beats between two anchors.

You can use 1/12, 1/24, 1/48, 1/96 to achieve grid snap intervals equal to 1/3 beat, 1/3 half-beat, 1/3 quarter beat and 1/3 eighth beat.

4) Information panel shows current tone in effect for selection

I can add this.

3) About the triplets, I think I get what Xaphist means. When you make most songs, you just put 1/16 or 1/32, but sometimes the song uses 1/12 (triplets I believe) just for one measure (or one place in a certain riff). This is really annoying, because most of the time when I have to copy/paste or make the tab from text tabs, I Ctrl+A to select all and then Resnap them to a 1/16 grid snap when I'm done, to ensure everything is snapped, but then offcourse that one measure with 1/12 notes gets fucked up.

4) Would it be usefull to show the selected tone, right above the tab? like where the sections are?

EDIT: 2) You can zoom in on the tab with just + and - but I'm not sure if that's what you mean Raynebc already mentions this

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

• Administrator

@@PyroBillie When you want to make sure everything is on the grid i would go for the smallest grid possible instead of the one that is supposedly just enough for this song and overall i would suggest to work with a small grid so that i can make very small adjustement (grid will also influence sustain!).

But that's only how i work...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

It's been awhile since a Mac build was released(4-26-2016), and here were are now, don't know how many hotfixes we have updated, but I'm sad the mac build is left out. I assume once we hit EOF 2.0, will it be updated on Mac?

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

3) About the triplets, I think I get what Xaphist means. When you make most songs, you just put 1/16 or 1/32, but sometimes the song uses 1/12 (triplets I believe) just for one measure (or one place in a certain riff). This is really annoying, because most of the time when I have to copy/paste or make the tab from text tabs, I Ctrl+A to select all and then Resnap them to a 1/16 grid snap when I'm done, to ensure everything is snapped, but then offcourse that one measure with 1/12 notes gets fucked up.

You normally don't have to resnap just because you copied and pasted notes. If the notes were grid snapped when you copied them, they will automatically grid-snap appropriately during paste. The best option is to enable "Song>Highlight non grid snapped notes" so you can easily tell when notes are not grid snapped. The next hotfix will even have a new function that intelligently moves out of grid snap notes to the nearest grid snap of any built-in size (ie. any of them from 1/4 to 1/96) regardless of which grid snap size is currently active, and lets you specify how many milliseconds the function is allowed move the note so you can ensure any re-snapping is as controlled as you want it to be.

4) Would it be usefull to show the selected tone, right above the tab? like where the sections are?

That's what I had in mind, another option for the "Top of 2D pane shows" preference.

It's been awhile since a Mac build was released(4-26-2016), and here were are now, don't know how many hotfixes we have updated, but I'm sad the mac build is left out. I assume once we hit EOF 2.0, will it be updated on Mac?

I don't know when EOF 2.0 will come around. That was going to be the release where EOF is ported to Allegro 5, but that's not something I have time to do by myself. EOF's original developer was going to plan that port, but he has been busy and I haven't heard from him in quite a long time. @@th1rtyf0ur had provided some Mac builds in the past, but he's been away for a while. Hopefully somebody else is able to make one.

• Administrator

@@I)ark_Seph The problem is that building it for Mac requires some element that aren't easy to install. Alegro 4 needs to be built on Mac to be usable and it's a pain in the ass to do.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I guess applying those hotfixes to the app takes a long time to code than just putting it a zip in and expect it to work. I don't have any experience in coding whatsoever, but I wish I was taking his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

You normally don't have to resnap just because you copied and pasted notes. If the notes were grid snapped when you copied them, they will automatically grid-snap appropriately during paste. The best option is to enable "Song>Highlight non grid snapped notes" so you can easily tell when notes are not grid snapped. The next hotfix will even have a new function that intelligently moves out of grid snap notes to the nearest grid snap of any built-in size (ie. any of them from 1/4 to 1/96) regardless of which grid snap size is currently active, and lets you specify how many milliseconds the function is allowed move the note so you can ensure any re-snapping is as controlled as you want it to be.

That's what I had in mind, another option for the "Top of 2D pane shows" preference.

3) I believe we already went over the grid snapping thing matter :p It does indeed work like that, as it should. No worries there.

It's just I can still make it fail :p I'll try to record an example this week where I 'reproduce' the problem. (it's probably just me doing things in the wrong order or something)

I'll try to explain in text form:

When I make a CDLC from text tab, I first correct the BMP map, so I figure out the average BPM and set it to that. Then I go over the whole song and make little corrections every 1 or 2 measures, eg: average BPM at start 175, next measure 175,5, next 175,2, next 175,7,....

(Add sections) Then create the tab, but then when you finish chorus 1 for example, and you copy and paste that to chorus 2. (Also you can't never paste it at just the right snap, so you always have to drag it along for a bit. I try to paste as close as possible to avoid BMP mistakes things) But this chorus has different BMP variations so: now that shouldn't be a problem because of the good grid snap as you mention, but because I drag the first note to the first beat of the chorus, everything shifts equally, so everything goes off grid. 

So my mistake is probably pasting it wrong (because I shouldn't be dragging stuff)? but is there any other way?

4) awesome ^^

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

• Administrator

@@PyroBillie i wonder why you can't paste it at the right spot? Page up and down allow you to move beat by beat the cursor so if the chorus start on a beat, you should be able to paste it on the perfect spot.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@PyroBillie i wonder why you can't paste it at the right spot? Page up and down allow you to move beat by beat the cursor so if the chorus start on a beat, you should be able to paste it on the perfect spot.

>.> well, that's what I was looking for :p 

Here take this...

Antoni-van-Leeuwenhoek-Cookie.png

• Like 1

You can also seek by grid snap (CTRL+SHIFT+Pg Up/Dn) if you want to paste part-way into a beat instead of at the start of one.  As you mentioned, clicking and dragging notes over tempo changes causes problems, so I recommend using the move by grid snap function (CTRL+[ or ]), which will keep notes grid snapped.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-28-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a bug with the handling of chord definitions that would cause thumb usage to be omitted from definitions in chordshapes.xml and arrangements loaded with Rocksmith import.
*Made changes to RS import to assume default values for items that may be omitted in the toolkit's new abridged XML format.
*Added an "Abridged Rocksmith 2 export" preference that is on by default and will allow default values to be omitted from the XML file, making it smaller and more readable. This style of XML is not supported in versions of the toolkit older than 2.8.2.0, so EOF will warn about this compatibility issue until the preference is disabled or until the warning is dismissed by clicking "Don't warn again".
*Added an "F" tab notation for notes with fingerless status.
*Added functions to "Note>Rocksmith" to remove or toggle fingerless status for selected notes.
*Re-organized toggle/remove status functions in Note>Rocksmith into submenus.
*Added a "Song>Second Piano Roll>Compare" function that compares the notes of the track difficulties that are active in the two piano rolls (as long as both piano rolls display tracks of the same format), highlighting and reporting the number of differences found. For pro guitar tracks, both the normal and tech note sets are compared, and features checked include strings used, fingering, fret numbers and applied statuses. Note lengths and items that are not notes (ie. phrases, FHPs, etc.) are not checked for equivalence. "One way compare" will only compare the secondary piano roll against the primary piano roll and not count notes at unique timestamps in the primary piano roll as differences. When tech notes are compared, if the technique applied is timing specific (stop or bend), the comparison checks to ensure both piano rolls apply that technique at the same timstamp. Otherwise, as long as the comparable gems in one piano roll has the applicable statuses that are applied by tech note in the other piano roll, it's not considered to be different regardless of how the first piano roll's note has the statuses applied (either to the base note or by tech note anywhere on the note's tail).
*Fixed a bug where a difficulty tab wouldn't highlight correctly if it had any highlighted notes unless it was a pro guitar track with the difficulty limit removed.
*Added the "H" menu hotkey to "Track>Erase highlighting".
*Fixed the RS2 error checking during save that warns about fret values going above fret 24 to take the capo into account.
*Updated the secondary piano roll to be able to display tech view.
*Changed the color of dynamic highlighting (used to indicated non grid-snapped notes or notes in arpeggios) to be cyan instead of yellow to make it easier to tell different highlighting causes apart. Notes with both highlighting types will display with static (ie. yellow) highlighting. Each of the highlighting colors can be customized when EOF is not running by opening eof.cfg in a text editor and altering the RGB hex code for eof_color_highlight1 (static highlighting) and eof_color_highlight2 (dynamic highlighting).
*Corrected the handling of user definable hexadecimal RGB colors (from eof.cfg) during program load.
*Fixed a bug where clicking and dragging normal notes with grid snap disabled may not cause them to be immediately highlighted as appropriate for being out of grid snap if tech notes were automatically moved.
*Added a "Track>Repair grid snap" function that will move notes that are out of grid snap to the nearest grid snap of any size as long as the move is within a specified number of milliseconds. If the "Auto-adjust tech notes" preference is enabled, affected tech notes are automatically moved the same distance as the normal notes that are resnapped. The number of notes and tech notes that are moved is reported afterward. This will make it easy to correct the position of notes that are a couple milliseconds out of grid snap without having to worry what grid snap size is appropriate to use with the normal Note>Resnap function.
*Corrected a grid snap logic bug that could cause move/seek by grid snap and section/technote auto adjust functions to go one grid snap too early when moving items or the seek bar to be earlier.
*Added fixup logic to ensure that HO or PO pro guitar notes are rendered smaller than normal note size in the piano roll.
*Fixed a bug where if a project was loaded with no audio, loading a guitar pro file would cause EOF to forget there was no audio and a 1 second guitar.ogg file would be written during the next save operation.

Some fancy new features, but the farthest reaching change is the abridged XML. EOF will complain at you to get the latest toolkit beta or disable the abridged export preference (on by default), because the current stable toolkit build (2.8.0.0) doesn't support it. You can disable the feature if you *really* want, but the old XML files are comparably much less easy to read for troubleshooting purposes.

• Like 8

Thanks raynebc!!! Great hotfix!!

I had a go at testing a bunch of different authorings all in one EoF project  and if you want to play around with the new compare and one-way-compare features, here is a notes.eof EoF project that puts this feature through a series of tests. The new features work like a charm!

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (3-1-2017) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Improved the piano roll compare function to require bend/stop tech notes in the two different track difficulties to apply the status to the same strings in order to be considered a match.
*Added a preference to display tone changes as the top line of the 2D pane.  This option can be activated by cycling that preference's options with SHIFT+F11 if the eof_top_of_2d_pane_cycle_count_2 option in eof.cfg wasn't manually edited to have a nonzero value.
*Improved the Info panel to display the tone name in effect at the current seek position.  If there is no formal tone change at/before the seek position, but a default tone name is assigned, that tone name is listed in parentheses to indicate it would implicitly be the tone in effect.
*Improved the tone names and tone list dialogs to each have a button to switch to the other dialog.  The tone dialogs will now redraw the screen when tones are deleted or renamed to immediately reflect the change, which is visible if the top of the 2D pane is displaying tone names.
*Added a "Track>Rocksmith>Tone change>Copy from" menu that will allow tone changes to be copied from another track.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Re-posting the previous hotfix release notes:

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (3-7-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Changed the shortcut key for the "Delete" button in the tone changes list dialog, to prevent its accidental use when using the L key to switch to the list dialog from the tone names dialog.
*Corrected errors in the chordshapes.xml file regarding the "1 1 3" and "3 2 1 1" chord shape definitions, which would cause affected chords to not get retain automatic fingerings, to then export to XML without fingering and potentially display with graphical glitches in-game.
*Added error checking for chord shape definitions to ensure that any invalid definitions are automatically ignored and logged.
*Fixed an RS import issue with abridged XML files where palm muted notes/chords would be interpreted as also having string mute status.
*Fixed a bug where the MIDI tones wouldn't be converted back to conventional numbering before being rewritten to eof.cfg on exit. This would cause the values to eventually reach 0 over the span of several EOF sessions.
*Improved the piano roll compare functions to allow two tech notes that aren't overlapping any normal notes to be considered a match if they occur at matching timestamps and apply the same statuses to the same strings.
*Improved the "Clone from track" function to immediately update the note and tech note populated statuses.
*Added functions to clone a track's content (including track-specific events such as RS sections and phrases) to a clipboard file that can be pasted into another track, another project or another EOF instance. These and the menu to clone from another track in the same project have been moved to a "Track>Clone" menu.

• Administrator

@@raynebc some small detail about the Bonus part you added where some option regarding RS are unavailable via the menu like the event. they can still be added with the hotkey but still.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (3-11-2017) is in the first post.  Change are as follows:
*Improved the "Clone from track" function to copy track-specific events (ie. RS sections and phrases) to the destination track.
**Fixed a bug with "Clone from clipboard" that would prevent successful cloning of compatible parts of a pro guitar track (ie. text events) into a non pro guitar track.
*Improved the "All events" dialog so that the "This track's events" option is selectable independently from the other filters.
*Improved the "All events" dialog so that the event closest to being at or before the current seek position is automatically selected in the list.
*Improved the "Edit frets/fingers" and "Correct chord fingerings" functions to apply the given fingering to matching chords (if they are missing fingering) in every track in the project.
*Improved the "Correct chord fingerings" function to be able to apply a chord's defined fingering to a matching chord in a different track (instead of just within the same track) if that chord's fingering isn't completely defined.
*Improved the "Edit frets/fingers" function to allow the given fingering to apply to chords that are string muted as long as the defined fretting is otherwise the same.
*Added a "Fingering checks include mutes" preference that changes how chord shape lookup logic is performed in certain places to take strings into account if they have a defined fret value as well as string mute status.  The "Correct chord fingerings" function will be able to apply known chord shapes (for chords defined elsewhere in the project or those defined in chordshapes.xml) to string muted chords, but if such chords have no known chord shape definition EOF will prompt for it whereas the latter would not happen if this preference is not enabled.  This preference also affects RS2 export by allowing fingering to be automatically applied for muted strings if the chord's fretting matches known chord shape definitions.

Fingering changes made to one chord that are allowed to be applied to other matching chords will now do so in any other pro guitar track.

• Like 2

Can't wait to test this version thank you so much raynebc

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !