Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-17-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug with the MIDI tones feature where the tone numbers weren't converted to zero numbering before being used to set the instrument number on the MIDI playback device in use.

*Changed "Track>Set difficulty" to have a submenu for easier access to set a difficulty level of 0 through 6 or undefined. The secondary difficulty levels (pro drums and harmony) are set simultaneously if the 0 through 6 functions are used, but they can be set to a different value than the track's normal difficulty by selecting "Manually set" which brings up the original dialog function.

*Fixed a bug with GP import that could cause EOF to hang.

• Like 3

Thanks for all of your hard work on EoF!

Not a bug, but I have more of a feature request: would it be possible to make your selection in the Waveform Graph configuration save ("Song -> Waveform Graph -> Configure"), so that it is set for the next time you open EoF?

So in other words, once you set it to be both left and right channels, that the setting will be saved upon closing EoF?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-29-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated the waveform graph settings to be remembered when EOF exits.

*Added a new "fingerless" status that can be applied to a chord to cause it to export to RS XML so that no fingering is written for it.

*Updated the "Link to RocksmithToTab" function to warn if the user selects the GUI version of the program instead of the command line one.

I'm having trouble importing this midi file into EOF. It places the Part Vocals onto the Part Guitar. Is there any work around this? The midi was exported from Reaper. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NQsCfm8e6ZZXoxUGhlUndHQjQ/view?usp=sharing

There's some weird stuff going on in that MIDI. There are at least 5 track name events in the middle of the vocal track. They are probably intended to be text events instead.
  • Like 6

For this type of troubleshooting, I usually use the debug output of FoFLC (used for EOF's lyric import) as a text readable form of what's in the MIDI.  I knew something strange was going on when EOF offered to import lyrics from a MIDI track titled "+".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-9-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where RS import could malfunction if the specified XML file has dynamic difficulty.

*Fixed bugs where various functions would not reliably check the inactive note set (normal or tech) for content.

*Fixed bugs where MIDI export functions wouldn't correctly handle tracks where tech view was in effect.

• 2 weeks later...

@@raynebc - I just had a weird problem on a song I was charting. On the bass track, when setting FHPs it won't let me generate an FHP 10 or higher (screenshot), thinking those number as exceeding 21 for some reason. This seems to apply throughout the whole track, and I haven't seen anything like this on any other path of any song that I've charted recently where I've set FHPs (with both 1-29 and 2-9 versions tested). Files are here.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@raynebc - Oh. Forgot I changed that in the tab so I could hear the bass a bit more clearly at one point when I was making it and must have imported sometime when I had it on. Thanks!

Edit: In that case, should EoF not warn about notes that are at the 13th fret or higher (or more generally, above Max Fret Value - Capo Position)? It seems that I can place notes as high as the Max Fret Value at the moment.

If I remember correctly, the game tolerates notes as high as fret 24 (it just doesn't score those above fret 21 to accommodate players that don't have a guitar that has that many frets).  The fret hand positions are stricter and seem to still be limited to fret 21 or lower.

@@raynebc - My point is that in a track with a capo, you're able to set notes that will be above the 24th fret, because the fret number displayed in EoF becomes rendered as that fret number plus the capo fret number. In the example I mentioned, a 13th fret note with a 12th fret capo would need to be displayed as a 25th fret note in game. I could even make a 24th fret note, which would then want to be in the game as a 36th fret note (and which shouldn't really ever be possible on any track with a capo). Does that make sense?

I've tried to download and lauch editor on fire (first time i use it) but I got a alleg44.dll file missing error message at launching.

You need to download EOF 1.8RC12 (the complete program) and extract it to your computer.  Then you can replace its eof.exe with the one from the latest hotfix and it should work.

@@albatross213, EOF is supposed to be checking that, but it doesn't look like it is.  I'll fix it.
  • Like 1

Without knowing more, I'll just start by recommending that you extract the EOF 1.8RC12 zip file to c:\EOF1.8RC12 in order to rule out any problems with the folder path (ie. if it has any Unicode or any other special characters, there may be some of these types of problems).

@@CommandoAir, same for toolkit when you launch it, since most of the AV trust only guys with bought root CA certificates + it's common policy to shout about don't DL exe files etc.

First,  Raynebc you are a god. Your software and quick replies to everyone is really amazing.

Done a lot of charting lately and theres a few things I think would improve EOF.

1) Some way to edit the note fret without going into the "n" screen. I was thinking control + scroll wheel to increase or decrease note value would be handy. OMG after submitting this I tried control and scroll and it already did that. Holy shit Rayne, you read minds.

2) Zoom in!!!

3) Triplet grid snap as one of the choosable options vs custom

4) Information panel shows current tone in effect for selection

5) Help options which list all hotkeys. I've had to find out a lot from the forums or by accident -- even simple ones like slides and bends.

6) Add measures and change measure number of beats while keeping it the same time length.

Again, this community wouldn't be here without you Rayne, so thanks again!!!

• Administrator

@@Xaphist

2) Edit => Zoom => ??? => profit!

3) I'm not sure what you mean by triplet but if you go to Edit=>Grid Snap you have different value that should work for your specific case (i've yet to find a song that doesn't fall on any of those grid value)

4) That's a great idea that i like

5) F1 => ??? => Profit! Granted it requires a bit of reading but it will surely help you figure out most of what you need

6) Time length shouldn't change as long as you stay on a time signature that is using the same denominator. As for adding measure i'm not really sure where you would need this as there's already measure from the beginning to the end of the song if you set your beat map properly.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity