Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Administrator

It only happened two times so far and only after doing at least two consecutives Undo and my first guess would be that there was nothing left to undo that caused the crash but i haven't done any proper test on this yet.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

It only happened two times so far and only after doing at least two consecutives Undo and my first guess would be that there was nothing left to undo that caused the crash but i haven't done any proper test on this yet.

Almost same with my case,it doesn't matter if there was any changes to undo or not,if I hit ctrl+z it crashes the program.

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Also,sorry that I didn't described the details earlier I'm a bit ill right now.

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-3-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Changed the "program files" folder detection to only apply to the C drive.

*Fixed a crash with the previous hotfix that would occur when performing undo multiple times on a chart that has an empty bonus track.

• Like 4

I couldn't reproduce this. When I start at "PART REAL_BASS" and repeatedly CTRL+TAB, it goes to "PART REAL_GUITAR", "PART DANCE", "PART REAL_BASS_22", "PART REAL_GUITAR_22", "PART REAL_DRUMS_PS" and lastly "PART REAL_GUITAR_BONUS". This happens whether I open a project file written by the recent build or one created by EOF years ago. Is this happening when you open an existing project or when you create a new one? What order are the tracks listed when you view the Song>Track menu?

Sorry I wasn't precise enough I meant with CRTL + SHIFT + UP or DOWN.

Go into File>Properties and make sure the color set is the one you want. The "Default" and "Guitar Hero" color sets match the lane colors you listed.

OMG what a noob. Thank you !

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Starting at "PART REAL_GUITAR", if I press CTRL+SHIFT+Up, it changes tracks in this order: "PART REAL_BASS_22", "PART REAL_GUITAR_22", "PART REAL_GUITAR_BONUS", then it wraps back around to the first pro guitar track "PART REAL_BASS" and then back to "PART REAL_GUITAR". If you're not getting that order, please verify the order of the listed tracks in Song>Track.

Exactly but I used to press down but this is the order I get. But as I said I would expected this order

Down : PART REAL_GUITAR --> PART REAL_BASS --> PART REAL_GUITAR_22 --> PART REAL_BASS_22 --> PART REAL_GUITAR_BONUS

This is not a big deal, you don't have to change it but since it is advise to not use BONUS track for compatibility issue. I though it would be the last of the down list.

But don't worry just keep it that way. I just have to get used to this order.

By the way do you know why by default GUITAR_22 is lead and GUITAR is rhythm in toolkit ?

CTRL+SHIFT+Down cycles the tracks in reverse order, so it is working as expected and the same as before except that now, the bonus track is the last track in the project.

If I were to guess, it's because the original default track limit of PART REAL_GUITAR_22 was higher, so it was better suited for lead guitar since some solos hit really high notes.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-6-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated Feedback import to recognize the unofficial "N 7 #" and "E O" open note notations.

*Updated the "Thin diff. to match" and the various "copy from" menu functions to allow the bonus pro guitar track to be specified as the template.

*Added a line to the Information Panel to display the selected note's fingering.

*Added a "Track>Clone from" function allowing the active track's content to be replaced with a copy of another track of the same format.

• Like 7

Hi, folks.

It's time for a new release candidate. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug that prevented the "Set start point" function from being selectable from the Edit menu.

*Fixed a bug in the "Highlight notes in arpeggios" feature that could either cause EOF to hang or to toggle between normal and tech views when adding notes.

*Updated the Information Panel to display the tone played on each string of the selected note, for pro guitar/bass tracks.

The full changelog for RC12 is here if you're interested in the usual wall of text:

http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=644982#p644982

• Like 4

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-22-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated "File>Guitar pro export" to support the bonus pro guitar track.

*Corrected the "Auto-adjust sections/FHPs" feature to not apply to tech notes that are moved.

*Added an "Auto-Adjust tech notes" preference that will appropriately move a tech note if all its gems apply to regular notes that are moved.

*Fixed a bug where an "At least one arpeggio/handshape crosses over into another RS phrase" warning could be incorrectly given during save.

*Fixed a bug where the Beat>Rocksmith menu would be disabled when the bonus real guitar track was active.

*Changed the RS import when no chart is loaded so that if the imported XML file has "_bass_" in the name (case insensitive), the destination track selected by default is PART REAL_BASS.

*Improved MIDI export to have special timing conversion logic for grid snapped items that should ensure the MIDI timings are properly quantized.

• Like 2

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-29-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Corrected the previous commit's MIDI export handling of time signatures and expanded the new logic beyond just the built-in grid snaps to instead check all suitable partial beat intervals between 1/2 and 1/96.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'd like you to take time to increase more than one language Settings, add a best Chinese, by the way, the lyrics of import can also make it support Chinese? I am a rock Smith's fan from China.你好,我想让您抽时间增加一个多语言的设置选项,最好增加一个中文,顺便说一下,歌词的导入也可以让它支持中文吗?我是一个来自中国的摇滚史密斯的迷。

Sorry, but updating lyric import to support Unicode would be a very enormous task. Even if EOF could import the Chinese lyrics, there might not be an easy way to get them to work in-game. Somebody was working on improving other tools for Rocksmith to allow foreign character sets, but I haven't heard about it in a while.

As far as i know, EoF did allow foreign character in lyrics a while ago.

I thik my old custom like two years ago had accented characters like é or à and everything was fine.

But since i don't remember when EoF warns me about those lyrics and the xml file generated remove those characters...

So I use an old xml file with accented characters and everything works perfectly in RS for me.

Could you add an option to force the use of this kind of characters but only warns that it might not work properly ?

I'm pretty sure everything is fine in UTF-8.

• Administrator

@@BHMath The thing is that save corruption is linked to unsupported character in RS so better be cautious there. You can find the thread about character in RS there : http://customsforge.com/topic/32086-noticed-a-light-problem-with-naming-songs/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

In the naming maybe but i can't find any problem in lyrics with french character like é or à

Those are extended ASCII characters. Extended ASCII support is pretty limited in different metadata fields in Rocksmith, and if I remember correctly, EOF is already filtering them out of the Rocksmith XMLs entirely. EOF doesn't really have any significant Unicode support as far as lyric import/export is concerned.

Hello! I tried to import a GP5 tab (that I converted in GP6 from .gpx) into EOF 1.8RC12. It asks me if I want to drop either the thinnest or thickest string because the bass path in the file is for 5 strings. When I press the button to drop the thickest string EOF freezes and I have to kill it in Task Manager. I've tried this about 5 times already with the same result. Luckily I still have an old version of EOF (1.8RC10) and it imported the file without problems.