Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@albatross213 No, cause the 96th notes appears as non-grid in EOF. Also, if you wanna edit manually the notes or add missing notes, you must be content with the avalaible grid. In previous customs i moved notes so they are snaped, but this is not the proper way to make a good chart. I need a grid snap with 96 per beat. I don't think this will be a major problem for @@raynebc, am i right?

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I could probably add new grid snap sizes without too much difficulty, but it will cause some extra processing to identify non-snapped notes because more grid snap sizes would have to be tested. How noticeable this extra processing is would depend on the number of unsnapped notes in the active track difficulty.

@@SmellsLikeMonkey - can you not just double the bpm and use 46 not 92?

I had a few songs where I needed more accuracy in a few places, so i would grid snap then change the 5 or 6 notes that needed changing, but if you working on a song with a lot of these notes then I could see where it would become nippy.

There is also tolerance in arrangements for note hits in RS (few milliseconds and it still registers) so I tend not to get too pernickety nowadays, but when notes start snapping together it gets into the realms of impossible.

A trick I used a few times

- Import GP file to EoF at 120 bpm

- Change bpm to 60 with "Adjust Notes" unselected

- Change bpm to 120 with "Adjust Notes" selected

Has the effect of doubling bpm while retaining accuracy.  Using numbers like 120 and 60 makes the math easier for EoF.  You can then change to desired bpm after.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-13-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated the logic that offers to apply the edited chord's fingering to matching chords that are missing finger definitions so that they can be applied to chords that have string mute status (and matching fret numbering).

*Fixed a bug with GH import that would prevent QB format charts from being imported.

*Improved GH import to suppress warnings about all off-beat time signature changes after the first offending one.

*Added a new GH3 MIDI variant written during MIDI export. This MIDI file is the same as the normal MIDI, but the forced HOPO marker is written with a length of 0 delta ticks instead of the full length of the affected note.

*Fixed a bug where setting an unsupported grid snap count (higher than 64) while grid lines were displayed could cause EOF to crash.

*Increased the maximum custom grid snap size to 96 and added 1/64 and 1/96 built-in grid snap sizes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-22-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a 2/4 option to the "Beat>Time Signature" menu.

*Added a Y hotkey to "Note>Simplify chords".

*Added logic so that if all lyrics in a lyric line are moved, the lyric line moves with them.

The new logic that can automatically move lyric lines can be expanded to move other section types (ie. tremolo, arpeggio, handshape), let me know if this would be desired (ie. a preference to be enabled) or if you find any bugs with this feature.

• Like 7

If you mean the logic that automatically moves the lyric lines when all lyrics are moved, if expanded to cover arpeggios/handshapes, it would give the same effect as moving the notes and then manually re-marking the arpeggio/handshape. It would just save a step.

• Like 1

@@raynebc - It sounds like that would fix the issue where sometimes the notes and FHP move slightly off beat and when resnapping notes the FHP get all messed up, so I'd definitely be in favor of that. Possible downsides that I could see are if someone pulls an individual note that starts an FHP past other ones or something like that (but I don't see much reason why that would be done). Otherwise, I find it hard to see much reason why this would cause problems.

On a related note, would it be possible to have (possibly as an option that can be toggled) something where if you copy a set of notes with FHP and paste them that the FHP move along with them? This isn't a big issue, but there are have been a few instances where it would greatly simplify the process of producing accurate FHP.

Also, would it be possible to make it so that lyric highlights get copy/pasted along with the lyrics (particularly for multi-line things like a full chorus)? I've found it more efficient to copy/paste them than trying to tidy things up individually for each chorus, and if the highlights came along with the paste it would streamline the process even more.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Have you been able to use EOF before this? If so, which version? What OS are you using? If you reboot your computer, does it still happen? If you update your graphics driver, does it still happen? If you download a fresh copy of EOF 1.8RC11 and extract that to a new location, does the problem still occur? After this happens, can you send me the content of eof_log.txt (in the EOF program folder)?

@@raynebc,

For your information, I made this topic about RS2014 crash when a non-empty phrase has only one level of difficulty.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33783-rs2014-remastered-crashes-if-a-non-empty-phrase-has-only-one-level-of-dd/

This issue may arrive with manual DD too ...

I don't remember if EOF displays a warning when a phrase has only one note ?

There is no issue with empty phrases.

• Like 1

EOF doesn't warn about that, but I can add a warning for it. The warning will probably only be given if it looks like DD is being authored elsewhere in the same arrangement (ie. another phrase has multiple difficulty levels). I think this would be a good match for recent changes where the toolkit leaves author-defined DD instead of creating it again.

• Like 1

@@raynebc,

For your information, I made this topic about RS2014 crash when a non-empty phrase has only one level of difficulty.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33783-rs2014-remastered-crashes-if-a-non-empty-phrase-has-only-one-level-of-dd/

This issue may arrive with manual DD too ...

I don't remember if EOF displays a warning when a phrase has only one note ?

There is no issue with empty phrases.

I think that's what happened for a couple of mine... one of them i think still suffers from 50% being Max Completion that is actually achievable... Can't Remember which track though... appreciate the advice... :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

EOF doesn't warn about that, but I can add a warning for it. The warning will probably only be given if it looks like DD is being authored elsewhere in the same arrangement (ie. another phrase has multiple difficulty levels). I think this would be a good match for recent changes where the toolkit leaves author-defined DD instead of creating it again.

After more investigations, the number of notes in a phrase or the number of difficulty levels are not the root cause of the crash issue.

It seems that it happens only when a sustain overlaps a phrase marker.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (11-7-2016) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Fixed bugs that could cause the Mark functions to be incorrectly disabled in the "Note>Star Power", "Note>Solos" and "Note>Lyrics" menus.
*Added an "Auto-Adjust sections/FHPs" preference that will appropriately move certain types of sections (solo, star power, trill, tremolo, arpeggio, handshape, slider) if all notes in them (among all relevant difficulties) are moved.  If a fret hand position is defined at the same timestamp as a note that is moved, the position moves with it.
*Added a SHIFT+F11 keyboard shortcut that cycles through the "Names", "Hand pos" and "RS sections + phrases" top of 2D pane shows preference.  If the eof_top_of_2d_pane_cycle_count_2 item is manually set to 1 in eof.cfg while EOF isn't running, the names option is skipped by this shortcut.

• Like 6

Thanks for the update, SHIFT+F11 is very useful.

I found a little bug.

If you select a note and press up or down to change strings, the fret value will change to 0.

Also, a long time ago it was changed so ghost notes wouldn't make a clap sound effect.  A few months ago it reverted back to making a clap (not sure if someone asked for this).

Hi raynebc,

I would like to improve the phrase process management in DDC.

The first time DDC is used on a CDLC, it possibly generates new phrases that override the existing phrases defined in EOF.

Then, the following uses of DDC on this CDLC keep those new phrases and don't have the knowledge of which phrases was defined or not in EOF.

I am thinking of adding new events in the "events" XML node in order to keep the phrase markers as defined in EOF.

What is your opinion about that ?

Is it possible for you to add them during the XML file generation process in EOF ?

Thank you in advance for considering this new proposal

If none of the toolkit development staff has any concerns about custom XML tags, I don't either.  I don't know if putting it in the events tag could have unexpected consequences though (ie. if DDC isn't used, the toolkit might not filter it out and it makes it into the game).  Would this mostly just need to be a duplicate of the phraseIterations tag?