Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@Chlipouni, you'd better have separate analysis util\script for that... eof\toolkit and all legacy xml's have a different  tags format so you'd better have something you could use to prepare xml for analysis or analyze with autotests to find odds?

@@Chlipouni, you'd better have separate analysis util\script for that... eof\toolkit and all legacy xml's have a different  tags format so you'd better have something you could use to prepare xml for analysis or analyze with autotests to find odds?

I think that it would be easier to read the XML file if all useful attributes were located at the beginning of the XML element.
That should not change the logic of the tools that read the XML file if they correctly use the XML APIs.

Another improvement would be to use a XSD schema to avoid the writting of attributes that have kept their default value.

Originally, I just tried to have EOF mimic official XMLs as much as possible, including XML attribute order. I do agree that makes it harder to read manually, and I'm not really sure there's any benefit to keeping the "official" ordering. Can anybody offer reasons it should stay as is (ie. any RS customs tools depend on the current order)?

Using a schema to allow omission of any values that are at default value is a major change, but I can see the benefit. Before implementing that, I'd want to make sure some of the standalone tools like the RocksmithToTab program supported it.

• Like 1

Everytime I open EoF I get the screen open, but I cannot interact with the toolbar at the top. As soon as I click on the toolbar at the top the program freezes and crashes.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (9-25-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved the check that runs during normal save that warns about lyrics outside of lyric lines, which will now seek to the first offending lyric.

*Changed the default fret limit for guitar/bass tracks to 24. If RS1 export is enabled, the limit is instead defaulted to 22. If FoF or RB exports are enabled, 17 and 22 are the default limits for the 17 and 22 fret tracks, respectively.

*Changed the "Save separate Rocksmith 2 files" preference to be enabled by default. This change only takes effect for EOF installations that don't already have an eof.cfg file created or if people use the "Default" button in the import/export preferences dialog.

*Re-arranged the order of the note, chordnote and handshape attributes written to RS2 XML to make them more readable.

*Added eof_4_fret_range, eof_5_fret_range and eof_6_fret_range preferences that can be manually edited in eof.cfg (while EOF isn't already running, after opening and closing EOF once) to alter the behavior of fret hand position generation. By default, eof_4_fret_range is applied at fret 1, meaning that beginning at fret 1, the player's fret hand is able to cover four frets without changing position. The other two preferences aren't in use when they have their default value of 0, but can be assigned a fret number to indicate the fret hand can reach more frets at a time (because frets get smaller as you go higher up the neck). For example, an eof_5_fret_range value of 7 and an eof_6_fret_range value of 12 might be reasonable. Keep in mind this affects the fret hand position creation for both bass and guitar arrangements, also it's likely that Rocksmith 1 isn't designed to allow ranges other than 4.

The fret range changes should help make automated FHPs a little bit more realistic, with the understanding that this feature could cause charts to malfunction in Rocksmith 1 in case you still author for that game.

• Like 5

Since you know chordify well and since chordify used to go by the name "dummy chords" and specifically originally split into "dummy chordid dummy chords" and "handshape minus one dummy chords" back in March, I am wondering if this is a question I should help raynebc by answering myself. in light of the above, can you specify exactly what you need to know?

Dummy chord Id dummy chords whereby -1 appeared throughout a chord template to create a chord box. The reason this doesn't exist per se any more and evolved into the "chordify" construct is because, though it worked in creating a chord box, it scored achievement in-game no matter what was played, which is against the point of the game. If you wanted a box instead of goal posts for two note-chords, manually tweaking an XML chord template with all minus ones would work visually but again scoring successfully would be forced regardless of notes played. If memory serves, a chord template of all minus ones can be manually placed in an XML to place a box around one single note as shown in March's robustness test 2, again with the scoring issue.

Let me know if I have not answered your question.

I apologize the Chordify tutorial is not ready yet. I will resume in a few weeks.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@Chlipouni, if you need my latest comments now for chordify vis-a-vis DDC which we discussed in early August in the dedicated thread before I resume chordify testing/tutorial I can give you my preliminary comments(my observations) which I admittedly haven't yet had time to fully flesh out with details and robust well-though-out responses to your sample DDC version of my chordify sample XML I provided you. For now you have the You Tube footage of that DDC-ified XML file.

Thank-you again for your effort!!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

As far as I know, ignore status will make a note or chord appearing in-game register as success (blink, and not count as a miss in RR or Score Attack) regardless of note/chord played or even not played.

But I am note sure if that is what you are asking.

Watching some of them halbs 100% vids on Youtube, it's clear that Ubi use ignore status liberally on things like unpitched slides - especially if they are linked next onto an actual played note.

I don't believe they hide the note or the note head, they just don't count as misses when they are not successfully hit.  And the word "MISS" does not appear on screen.

UK Looney used to make play vids by making everything "ignore status".  He would let the chart play and not play along, but you would not get "MISS" on every note as they had ignore status.

Example

https://youtu.be/LtC3AlG_Yak

Although he never let any go to the end to see how it effected the scoring :(

I don't think things like unpitched slides usually have ignore status. The way they register you only have to hit the pitch at some point during the slide (for pitched slides, I believe you have to hit both the initial pitch and the final pitch at the appropriate times, but I don't think it really requires anything in between).

As for unpitched slides being linked into actual notes, when does that ever happen? I know I've seen it on some RS1 conversions (I think Beast and the Harlot for sure, but don't really remember any others though I don't come close to having all RS1 songs), but I don't think it's something they've done in official songs for quite a while. I suppose it might also happen sometimes in guitar solos with slides out and into a position, but I can't say any where it happens for sure. And for where it does happen, they're usually quite forgiving because of how unpitched slides and sustains register.

For examples of notes in official songs that I'm pretty definite are ignores, I'm pretty sure some of the fret-hand mute notes early in Walk This Way are. But other than that, if they're there I don't notice them very often.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

@PC Plum For an unpitch slide to be considered a hit just need to have the initial pitch, the slide in itself doesn't matter to the game, only pitch slide require you to have the initial AND the ending pitch to register to get a hit.

Unpitch slide are rarely linked to other note and in official chart it's mostly other unpitch slide in the opposite direction, can't remember an exact song but i know i've seen it at least once.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@raynebc I've realized that EOF doesn't offer to the user to apply the same fingering on muted chords. This is really annoying cause you have to select all the muted chords manually and define the fingering. It will be nice to see this update in the next hotfix, if you can make it  :)

• Like 1

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I see I typed it to imply the played note comes after the unpitched slide :(

I simply meant played notes onto unpitched slide at the end.

I have made those types of notes hundreds of times and if I am going for outright score in a song then I generally hit the note again just before the unpitched slide to make sure it registers, especially if it has been a long sustain.  I could see why Ubi would "ignore" them, they are for garnish and they want players to score as high as possible.

I just watched quickly a couple of halsb's vids again, and I'm still not convinced the unpitched slides are scoring notes (at least the ones tagged onto the end of something else).  But I've been wrong before, lets face it :D

Edit - well I am right and wrong...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyVm00aTRhWEUwWU0/view?usp=sharing

I opened the official Purple Haze, and I found instances of unpitched slides being scoring notes and ignore notes (see pic).

I guess they turn it on and off when they see fit.

Most unpitched slides I seen were scoring notes to be fair, including ones tagged onto the end of other notes.

But I knew I'd seen it in his vids where it does not register but he still gets 100%.

@@raynebc Another thing that is also necessary to fix is the grid snap. When i import a tab that has sixteenth note, EOF show it as non-grid. If i customize the intervales, it doesn't happen. I can set manually 1/64 and everything looks fine but EOF crash when i set 1/96 

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I couldn't reproduce the issue where 16th notes import so that the highlighting for unsnapped notes flags them. Could you send me files that lead to this scenario?

I fixed a bug where setting an invalid grid snap setting while grid lines were displayed could cause a crash.

• Like 1

@@raynebc If you turn a 64th note in a triplet you get a 96th note. Also if you add a punctilio to a 64th note you get a 96th note. If you add a punctilio to a 96th note (triplet) you get a 192th note but this a ridiculous length.

I'm finishing a guitar tab and i use 96th note because the song is really tricky. I really need the 1/96 grid :)  

80C651DEE.png

@@raynebc,

About the issues we have on existing CDLC with the new release of RS2014, I think that they are related to the handShape management.

In the new release of RS2014, phrases are now managed as the sections were in the previous one, so we have to apply the same rules for them :

- A handShape cannot overlap two adjacent phrases

- The first chord of a phrase need to be complete (all chordNotes inside) and with the low density status

We just need to try these rules on a CDLC and check if that solves our issues ...