Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

The only effect that patch would have is that if the preference to drop the sustain from short notes is enabled, the sustain from imported notes that have staccato effect on them have their sustains discarded. Should I go ahead and add that change?

The only effect that patch would have is that if the preference to drop the sustain from short notes is enabled, the sustain from imported notes that have staccato effect on them have their sustains discarded. Should I go ahead and add that change?

I have that preference so that works for me. Maybe you can set constant duration instead, I don't know.

It's a tough call, palm muted notes also don't ring out, but EOF doesn't remove the sustains from them either because in standard notation, the notes are often still defined full length not because they ring out but because it shows the timing between each note.

In this case arguably you can ignore the sustains so it's just a matter of misleading chart, but those sustains were not fun or easy to play if you followed it. I think staccato is very handy for enforcing single note import but you can cut the duration in half (this seems to be the MIDI interpretation) and then assess if it should be a short note (in my case it would have the same effect). I just think something should happen, full duration is clearly incorrect.

Most of the time I shorten palm mutes but recently I came across a few that ring out pretty long. It depends on how heavy muting you do. I wouldn't force PMs always as single notes unless it is some kind of project preference.

If I made the change, I'd probably change the "GP import truncates short notes" preference so that the sustains from both palm muted AND staccato notes are dropped, since that would be more consistent. How does that sound?

Better than it is now, but I'm not sure about those palm mutes. I will have to finish the tab first and see if PM sustains are usable.

I don't see why there'd be a reason to keep sustains on palm mutes if sustains are being removed from staccato. A key characteristic of both types of notes is that the notes are played without sustain. Let me know if it looks like this change is acceptable after your testing.

I don't see why there'd be a reason to keep sustains on palm mutes if sustains are being removed from staccato. A key characteristic of both types of notes is that the notes are played without sustain. Let me know if it looks like this change is acceptable after your testing.

In MIDI staccato seems to be shortening to half duration so "without sustain" applies only to staccato quarter notes, staccato half notes would be still be quarters (with sustain).I have a tab with palm muted 3/4 note so if it works well in RS I will want to keep that sustain. I compile my own EOF so I can always change it to do whatever suits me best...

Have people figured out capos yet? I'm having a problem with capo chords.

I've got a capo on the third fret and I've got an Am chord shape x02210. In game the chord shows properly, x05540 with the 0s being open strings. However, the game will not detect the chord correctly with the capo (ie: x35543) and it will only register if the capo is removed and x05540 is played.

Single note open strings work perfectly with the capo in place, only the chords with open strings are affected.

In EOF the capo is set at the third fret and I've tried the ignore capo setting on and off, though I'm not quite sure what that does.

Hello, Raynebc, can you help me to figure out how to solve this:I need to halve BPM in song using Guitar Pro, but when I do change for bpm i got note durations too long, if i set from 14 to 12 its becomes as it was with doubled BPM, but EOF don't want to count on it and still inports it with wrong values, how I should do this trick?My real song got 107-110 BPM , but it tabs it uses 214 BPM with 14 (default note duration I guess)Thank you.

Have people figured out capos yet? I'm having a problem with capo chords.

Make sure the toolkit reflects that a capo is in use for the arrangement. If you can post the project file I'll take a look, but Rocksmith seems to have pretty glitchy support for capos as it is, or at least capo support is a little unstable for customs as a whole. 

...I've tried the ignore capo setting on and off, though I'm not quite sure what that does.

That only affects the automatically-generated chord names and MIDI tone sound cues.

I need to halve BPM in song using Guitar Pro, but when I do change for bpm i got note durations too long, if i set from 14 to 12 its becomes as it was with doubled BPM, but EOF don't want to count on it and still inports it with wrong values, how I should do this trick?

I'm not sure what you mean. EOF does not import tempos during regular GP import. It's not really worth the effort to try to author a GP file to be perfectly in sync with the audio, that's what other programs like Go PlayAlong are better suited for. Usually it's enough to just import the GP file into EOF and then correct beat positions/lengths afterward.

Oh i got wrong gp tab (wrong bpm) there 2 ways for me - correct tabs by hands - use bpm from tab - sync with it then recopy notes to another project with correct bpm map (so annoying :( )

If the notes are synced but the tempos are different between the two projects, "old paste" would work with the method you described (copy notes from one project to another when the tempos are different), but you may need to resnap some of the notes because they may be out of grid snap.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1310) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved the quick save function to export all files related to the project (MIDI, WAV, XML, etc), suppressing more prompts/warnings and by assigning it the CTRL+Q shortcut.

*Fixed bugs in the "Note>Rocksmith>Generate FHPs" function.

*Added cleanup logic that should prevent EOF from having multiple fret hand positions at the same timestamp of the same track difficulty.

*Resolved a crash that could occur if EOF leaves foreground focus (ie. you use ALT+Tab or click outside of EOF) during time stretched playback.

*Added logic to GPA import to handle the special case of the first measure not having been synchronized in Go PlayAlong. If the tablature is synchronized in a way where one or more beats are positioned with a negative timestamp (are before the start of the audio), those beats are omitted from import. This cannot be avoided if you synchronized the file this way, but the worst side effect would be that the imported notes won't begin at the same measure as notated in the original GP file.

*Added logic to GPA import to handle the special case of the first measure not having been synchronized in Go PlayAlong. If the tablature is synchronized in a way where one or more beats are positioned with a negative timestamp (are before the start of the audio), those beats are omitted from import. This cannot be avoided if you synchronized the file this way, but the worst side effect would be that the imported notes won't begin at the same measure as notated in the original GP file.

You cover just half of the cases, chart can start before or after time 0:00, it all depends on how much silence you have in audio, what is the BPM and how many empty measures are in tab. Chance of measure 1 falling on 0:00 is pretty much non-existant, all syncs are affected and out of sync in EOF (right up to the first link).I'm worried about changing measure numbers, mainly I don't understand how (with GPA and GP import being totally independent) you can import tab afterwards. I'm going to assume you tested this enough when you decided to do this change instead of warning.

If the first measure was manually synced in Go PlayAlong, it was already being imported correctly. The new logic covers the case of the first measure not being manually synced but otherwise being positioned either before or after 0ms. I only made special mention of the negative timestamp because that has the consequence of causing beats that are before 0ms to not be imported. EOF does not support negative timestamps for any items, so this was realistically the only way it could be made to work. The only way the measure numbering could be kept the same would be to insert extra beats to make up for the ones that are discarded from the GPA import, or you could just ensure measure 1 is always manually synced at 0ms or later and this problem would not occur.

If any problems with the GPA import that I haven't addressed can be demonstrated, I will resolve them.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1312) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved the "Check fret hand positions" function so that repeated instances of warnings that can be displayed more than once can be suppressed by clicking the "Ignore" option.

*Improved playback so that if you use the left arrow or home keys to seek to the beginning of the chart while the chart is playing, the playback speed stays the same as it was.

*Added an "Edit>Grid snap>Display grid lines" function that toggles the display of each grid snap position based on the current grid snap setting. In addition to the beat marker arrows, beat lines will also now display in green if the mouse is hovered over the arrow.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1312) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:*Added an "Edit>Grid snap>Display grid lines" function that toggles the display of each grid snap position based on the current grid snap setting. In addition to the beat marker arrows, beat lines will also now display in green if the mouse is hovered over the arrow.

Great addition thanks, the lines can now be used like a ruler to beat sync even more precise, 1/48 looks funny :grin:.

I wonder if it its somehow possible to show notes that are desynced from the grid and need to be resnapped again.

every note does have in eof on the G string that grey vertical line maybe it could be colored red if the note is not snapped to the grid.

Maybe it could be done with a manual check from the user in Edit->Grid->check notes, if selected by the user eof does go through the track/s and shows what notes are not snapped.

Its just a thought.

I thought about adding something like that before, I just wasn't sure how to implement it. Would everybody want it to just flag notes that aren't grid snapped based on the CURRENT grid snap setting, or would they have to be out of grid snap for all of the built-in settings (ie. 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/24, 1/32, etc)? I also might have to make the notes highlighted instead of just changing the vertical position line, since that can be hard to see depending on how many gems the note has in the middle strings.