Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Those two options will not seek the same amount unless you specify "measure" when you define the custom grid snap value. Otherwise it would have set the grid snap length to 24 intervals per beat (ie. 1/96 measure).

Wow, I feel stupid. It's all sorted now. Thank you very much!  :D 

@@ShrillBear52, here's eof.cfg which created after your first launch, maybe you save it for your eof, just change tmp folder for real one

this will bypass checks and possibly allow you to use lame.exe

I download it,and change the path to my one,saved it,but the lame.exe does not working,it closes immediately after I run the .exe file.

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Regarding the tunings being set in EoF, I don't really see a problem with BEADGC displaying as 0,0,0,0,0,0 relative tuning, but I think it would be best that when it exports to Rocksmith it does the tuning relative to EADGBE like the toolkit does (as -5,-5,-5,-5,-4,-4). I'm not 100% sure if this would fix the problems with note detection because of the necessity of the low tuning fix, and sometimes needing to use guitar charts, but it would solve another problem. When you import a BEADGC tuning chart into the toolkit, it reads it as being in EADG tuning, so for a charter who isn't paying close attention to anything unless a warning pops up it will end up being in the wrong tuning (and maybe having the green beams issue if it's a "true 5-string" chart, but that's a somewhat different issue).

I suppose we'll see how the toolkit developers want to proceed.

Please correct me If I'm wrong ,but since when EOF needs Lame and Vorbis Tools to use the MP3 support???(I haven't look at the updates for ages).

Every Windows release candidate I post comes with these tools already. You only have to manually get/install them if you are using a Mac build (an installer is provided) or building EOF from source code (the EOF build wiki files describe how to do this)

I download it,and change the path to my one,saved it,but the lame.exe does not working,it closes immediately after I run the .exe file.

LAME is a command line program, you can't just double click on it to use it. It's not likely EOF would have problems with the MP3/OGG functionality unless there was interference (ie. antivirus quarantine the lame.exe or oggenc2.exe files, or if you put EOF in a place that's restricted in Windows such as within either "Program Files" folder). You can try closing EOF and then removing/renaming the eof.cfg file in your EOF installation, so that when EOF opens up it goes to all default settings and you can configure your preferences. Otherwise you may want to try getting a fresh EOF installation by extracting RC11 someplace and then extracting the latest hotfix on top of it.
  • Like 1

Regarding the tunings being set in EoF, I don't really see a problem with BEADGC displaying as 0,0,0,0,0,0 relative tuning, but I think it would be best that when it exports to Rocksmith it does the tuning relative to EADGBE like the toolkit does (as -5,-5,-5,-5,-4,-4). I'm not 100% sure if this would fix the problems with note detection because of the necessity of the low tuning fix, and sometimes needing to use guitar charts, but it would solve another problem. When you import a BEADGC tuning chart into the toolkit, it reads it as being in EADG tuning, so for a charter who isn't paying close attention to anything unless a warning pops up it will end up being in the wrong tuning (and maybe having the green beams issue if it's a "true 5-string" chart, but that's a somewhat different issue).

I suppose we'll see how the toolkit developers want to proceed.

Please correct me If I'm wrong ,but since when EOF needs Lame and Vorbis Tools to use the MP3 support???(I haven't look at the updates for ages).

Every Windows release candidate I post comes with these tools already. You only have to manually get/install them if you are using a Mac build (an installer is provided) or building EOF from source code (the EOF build wiki files describe how to do this)

I download it,and change the path to my one,saved it,but the lame.exe does not working,it closes immediately after I run the .exe file.

LAME is a command line program, you can't just double click on it to use it. It's not likely EOF would have problems with the MP3/OGG functionality unless there was interference (ie. antivirus quarantine the lame.exe or oggenc2.exe files, or if you put EOF in a place that's restricted in Windows such as within either "Program Files" folder). You can try closing EOF and then removing/renaming the eof.cfg file in your EOF installation, so that when EOF opens up it goes to all default settings and you can configure your preferences. Otherwise you may want to try getting a fresh EOF installation by extracting RC11 someplace and then extracting the latest hotfix on top of it.

Oh yes thank you very much! I placed the folder to the "Program Files" folder and I changd it,so now it's good :D 

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

I installed the latest version and hotfix on Windows 10. It crashes every time I run it. This is my first time running EoF so I have nothing to compare to. Here is the log output:

757: Logging started during program initialization at 07/16/16 23:29:13
757: EOF v1.8RC11 (7-2-2016)
757: eof_load_config() entered
757: set_default_config() entered
757: eof_controller_read_button_names() entered
757: eof_controller_read_button_names() entered
757: 	Importing chord shape definitions
757: eof_load_chord_shape_definitions() entered
757: eof_set_display_mode() entered
757: eof_window_create() entered
757: eof_load_data() entered
757: eof_init_colors() entered
757: eof_switch_out_callback() entered
757: eof_switch_in_callback() entered
757: create_silence_sample() entered
757: save_wav() entered
757: save_wav_fp() entered
757: eof_copy_file() entered
757: eof_undo_reset() entered
757: 	Initializing audio
757: eof_mix_init() entered
757: 	Checking for crash recovery files
757: 	Entering main program loop
757: eof_emergency_stop_music() entered

Chords inside of handshape phrases are exported as chords instead of single notes, it's been this way for a while. If that's not what you mean, please clarify.

Like in this video (from the begining until the chorus):

The tag chord keeps along the marked zone (length of the handshape), even when a single note appears. Maybe possible with ghost handshapes?

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

That looks like a completely normal handshape phrase. The chord fingering displayed at the bottom of the screen remains the same even when single notes are played within the phrase. You can even put partial variations of the chord inside the phrase.

That looks like a completely normal handshape phrase. The chord fingering displayed at the bottom of the screen remains the same even when single notes are played within the phrase. You can even put partial variations of the chord inside the phrase.

Totally agreed, but the chord tag doesn't appears in the display when i use handshapes in EOF. The arpeggios show the tags, but the handshapes doesn't do it, just the fingering

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Totally agreed, but the chord tag doesn't appears in the display when i use handshapes in EOF. The arpeggios show the tags, but the handshapes doesn't do it, just the fingering

To display the name of the chord in RS2014 you need :

- a chord box of low density (ie : highDensity = "0")

- a chord template with a valid name

- the chord box needs to be linked with the chord template via the "chordId" attribute

• Like 1

I'll only add the following:

When you set a sequences of chords and notes in a handshape marking in EoF, it will only display a chord label (or as you call it: tag) if a low density chord is at the beginning of the handshape and if it is a standard chord. If the chords later in the handshape differ from the one at the beginning it will keep displaying the chord label of the first chord. If your handshape starts with single notes then the chord label will not appear, and as chlipouni alluded to, if your chord at the beginning of the handshape is high denisty by virtue of the hi-dens status, it will display no label.   If your chord is not standard, yet low density, then you can always add a label by clicking the non-standard chord and selecting Note> Edit Name and naming it what you like. EoF seems to automatically  recognize any triad of the Major scale and adds a label (example, any time the notes C-E-G are in a chord, no mattter how it is formed on the guitar fretboard, it will display a C label (for C Major). I assume that applies for minor, and also for 2 note chords with a fifth interval (power chords). Possibly EoF will automatically recognize other groupings of notes. Maybe raynebc can elaborate which.

I've read that manually adding your special chord in chordshapes.xml (found in the EoF directory 1.8RC11) will display non-standard chord labels, but I've had limited success getting that to work. Presumably adding your custom chord in there with a name and default fingering would allow EoF to always recognize your custom collection of notes forming a chord and would display a chord label in-game. Maybe I am missing something here and that is why I don't get it to work reliably.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

EOF looks up the notes in a chord and for each scale, determines which intervals are in use and looks up against the chord formulas it knows about:

{"sus2", "1,2,5"},

{"madd4", "1,b3,4,5"},

{"dim", "1,b3,b5"},

{"dim7", "1,b3,b5,6"},

{"m7b5", "1,b3,b5,b7"},

{"min", "1,b3,5"},

{"min7b6", "1,b3,b6,b7"},

{"min7b6", "1,b3,5,b6,b7"},

{"min6", "1,b3,6"},

{"min6", "1,b3,5,6"},

{"min6/Maj7", "1,b3,6,7"},

{"min6/Maj7", "1,b3,5,6,7"},

{"min7", "1,b3,b7"},

{"min7", "1,b3,5,b7"},

{"m/Maj7", "1,b3,7"},

{"m/Maj7", "1,b3,5,7"},

{"m#7aug5", "1,b3,#5,7"},

{"3", "1,3"},

{"add4", "1,3,4,5"},

{"Majb5", "1,3,b5"},

{"7b5", "1,3,b5,b7"},

{"Maj7b5", "1,3,b5,7"},

{"", "1,3,5"}, //This is the formula for "major" chords

{"6", "1,3,6"},

{"6", "1,3,5,6"},

{"7", "1,3,b7"},

{"7", "1,3,5,b7"},

{"Maj7", "1,3,7"},

{"Maj7", "1,3,5,7"},

{"aug", "1,3,#5"},

{"aug7", "1,3,#5,b7"},

{"MajAug7", "1,3,#5,7"},

{"sus4", "1,4,5"},

{"7sus4", "1,4,b7"},

{"7sus4", "1,4,5,b7"},

{"b5", "1,b5"},

{"5", "1,5"}

chordshapes.xml is only to define fingering that will be automatically applied to chords. It should have no effect on naming.

• 2 weeks later...
Is not possible to show the chord label inside the handshape starting with a single note that has ghost handshape and chordify attribute? If not, maybe using a chord with ignore status will make the work right?

If the ignore chord shows the label inside the handshape, is possible to make a function that add an ignore chord 1 ms after the beginning of the hanshape with chordify status

I tested the ghost handshape and don't work for me (maybe cause i use a Em(11) label), but the ignore chord is a recent idea so I didn't tested yet

80C651DEE.png

I don't understand what it is you're wanting to author. Please post an EOF screen capture or something showing the playable (not hidden) notes you want to be in-game. It should be no problem to put a low density chord inside of a handshape phrase, and IIRC that low density chord will display with the chord name in-game. It will not display with its own fingering animation though because the handshape phrase overrides it.

Off the top of my head, from my understanding, there is no way to author a chord label at the beginning of a handshape that starts with a single note instead of a chord.

But just for fun I tried your clever little idea. (sorry for the few typos, rushing)

EoF Authoring image <-- Customsforge is bugging and not allowing me to pastethis image the usual way. So here is the link.

EoF Export

<chordTemplates count="3">
    <chordTemplate chordName="D5" displayName="D5" finger0="1" finger1="1" finger2="3" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="5" fret1="5" fret2="7" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
    <chordTemplate chordName="D5" displayName="D5" finger0="-1" finger1="1" finger2="3" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="-1" fret1="5" fret2="7" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
    <chordTemplate chordName="A5" displayName="A5" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="5" fret1="7" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
  </chordTemplates>
      <notes count="2">
        <note time="2.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="3.501" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.100" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
      </notes>
      <chords count="2">
        <chord time="2.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="2.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="2.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="2.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
      </chords>
      <handShapes count="1">
        <handShape chordId="0" endTime="3.063" startTime="2.000"/>
      </handShapes>

Modded  XML that I packaged
(I manually removed removing the 1st funky chord template and redefined the chord tags with their new chord template numbers)

<chordTemplates count="2">
    <chordTemplate displayName="D5" chordName="D5" fret0="-1" fret1="5" fret2="7" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="-1" finger1="1" finger2="3" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />
    <chordTemplate displayName="A5" chordName="A5" fret0="5" fret1="7" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />
  </chordTemplates>
      <notes count="1">
        <note time="2" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
      </notes>
      <chords count="2">
        <chord time="2.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
          <chordNote time="2.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
        </chord>
        <chord time="2.75" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.75" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
          <chordNote time="2.75" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
        </chord>
      </chords>
      <handShapes count="1">
        <handShape chordId="0" endTime="3.063" startTime="2" />
      </handShapes>

Sadly either I made a change (or failed to make a change) that the game didn't like because the game crashed shortly after initiating it. I've run out of time to experiment but, @@SmellsLikeMonkey,  have a look and maybe tinker with this and let us know what you find.

Good luck.

But as raynebc, I am a bit confused why you would do this if you are then ready to place a chord 1ms after the single note. At that point you might as well just author the handshape to begin with that chord you wanted to add 1ms later, which in-game would make the single note look like a chord, one with one cross-shaped note and the other horizontally coming down like a normal chordnote.

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

I've realized that EOF 1.8RC11 doesn't creates the XML files. I was wondering why i don't see changes in my tests, am i the only one with this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, i've fixed it in the "import/export" settings

Edited by SmellsLikeMonkey

80C651DEE.png

Ok, i've been testing and the ignore status doesn't do nothing at all (even aplied to single notes). The chordify status only made sustained status of a chord. Is there another purpose for this new function?

@@raynebc I want to make this (@@Berneer example) but starting with single notes (without the open e note):

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Hotfix06-20-2016Beta%20-%20Modded%20XML%20adding%20LinkNext0%20in%20chordtime%20tag%20on%20PM%20cases_zpsbd8ldgzf.gif

I failed trying to use ghost handshapes, ignore and chordify status in the beginning of the handshape. Hope now my point is clear :)

80C651DEE.png

All "Ignore" status does, is it shows a single note or chord as achieved in-game (via blinking frets/chordbox), even if the note/chord is not properly played. Chordify status on a chord, for example, automatically creates ignored single notes when a technique on some or all of its notes is applied to the said chord. The goal of ignoring here is that a chord not count as two hits or two misses needlessly in the game.

Score Attack is a popular mode in the Championship so score does count.Another example where I've used Ignore is on my Iron Maiden - No More Lies CDLC that contained grace notes. Those precede the main note so closely that I decided to be forgiving to the user and if he/she at least hits the main note and not the preceding, flavour-adding, grace note, then they'll get "full score", but at least they visually are shown how the song is really meant to be played.

I'll paste here Questions 1 & 2 of my upcoming Chordify tutorial which, like my Tech Notes tutorial, will take the form of Q&A and Examples, just so you can grasp what it is about.

Question 1: What is CHORDIFY & what new possibilities does it offer?

CHORDIFY is a new feature of Editor-on-Fire (EoF) implemented by the mighty raynebc from April 5 to July, 2, 2016, that enables the Rocksmith 2014 CDLC charter to author a chord whose individual notes can sustain different amounts of time. The main inspiration of this feature is to author a chord where one or some of its strings sustain while others play other notes, be they sustained or unsustained, be they with or without techniques.

Unlike “crazy” status that allows a note to overlap another note as long as the said overlapped notes are not on the same string, CHORDIFY will allow the different strings’ notes to begin overlapping simultaneously, displaying a chord box, potentially a chord label (if it is a low density standard chord), fingering and even be inside handshape marking.

Rocksmith 2014 doesn’t normally display chords with different strings sustaining different amounts of time, however after extensive testing it has been found that, in essence, authoring a <chord time> tag without its nested <chordNote> tags in the XML (files that the Rocksmith 2014 uses to render the songs in-game) can reliably allow different notes of a chord to sustain differently. The following shows the basic construct of a chord and chordified chord (ignoring chord template tags and handshape tags for the moment).

Regular chord  constuct:

<chord time="2.000" …” >

<chordNote time ="2.000" … />

<chordNote time ="2.000" …/>

</chord>

Chordified chord:

<chord time="2.000" …” />

One can easily envision the use of this for guitar/bass tabs that contain the label “Let Ring -------|” as well as the  classic use of Dsus2 and Dsus4 chords in tandem with of the D Major chord as sampled here (refer to sound clips 3 and 4) where only one string of the chord changes fingering between these different yet similar chords . Here is another fine example from guitarjamz.com.

This tutorial will illustrate various possibilities with CHORDIFY.

Question 2: How do we use CHORDIFY in EoF?

The name CHORDIFY stems from the idea of assembling  single notes that initially belong to a chord but then behave independently of one another and TURNING  IT INTO WHAT DISPLAYS IN-GAME AS A CHORD. However, to respect normal EoF logic, it is more convenient to employ the CHORDIFY logic by authoring first a normal chord, rather than single notes and to then apply a CHORDIFY status to it in order to allow differing sustains on different strings of the chord that Rocksmith 2014 wouldn’t normally  treat as separate. So to say one is CHORDIFYING a chord, sounds redundant, but it makes sense in the EoF environment.

CHORDIFY is a status in Editor on Fire’s(EoF) ‘Edit Pro Guitar Note’ dialog box to be applied to a chord authored in EOF as follows:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/SmellsLikeMonkey_Chord_Label_Idea/Figure%202_zpsvjggzzfv.png

It's is a rather large task to make a good and thorough tutorial for this so it'll still be a month or two till i can finally post it. If ever you you wanted to see it's latest developments while we await the tutorial you can tune in to this thread. Posts 1 and 58 of that thread show the latest and probably final evolution of the EoF Chordify logic. It supersedes the initial simpler construct I show in Question 1, which I'll later have to evolve to the latest. I show it above because it is simpler to understand.

All this to say, that chordify is not (currently or perhaps ever) what you will need to display chord labels at the beginning of a handshape that begins with a single note. That just seems to be a limitation of the game. But who says you must give up? Play with XML coding, package into a CDLC and you might be surprised what you can achieved that the game normally doesn't allow. I'm pretty sure if you open an XML created by EoF and tweak it manually, pointing a <chord time> and <handshape> to a manually created <chord template tag> (references to chord templates start count at 0; 1st chord tempate tag is chordID=0) of your liking. Just make sure your template is what you want the user to play or else it will not register. Welcome to the world of tweaking. It's a finnicky but rewarding and educational journey.

My conclusion so far is that what you want to accomplish is only done through arpeggio marking and not handshape marking.

• Like 1

@@Berneer Really good explanation. Thank you very much for taking the time. Sadly, i hate arpeggios in RS. The color lines in the rail and the chord box in the beginning of the phrase just confuse the view. On the other hand, the handshapes are elegant. I fell in love when i see it in the song "Moonlight Sonata" of the Backsmith Pack.

80C651DEE.png