Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

There is not. Even then, EOF can't access the OS' clipboard, so I'm not sure what you would do with that information. You can set a bookmark though (Edit>Bookmark or the related keyboard shortcuts) and then quickly be able to seek back to the bookmark by pressing the bookmark number on the numberpad (or by using Song>Seek>Bookmark).

Edit: Penguinja'd

• Like 1

I'm encountering a strange bug with custom grid snap values...

When I select Edit>Grid Snap>1/24

and then I press Ctrl + Shift + Page Down a total of 5 times

I'll be at 00:00.385 in the song.

When I select Edit>Grid Snap>Custom

and set the intervals value to 24 and select beat

and then I press Ctrl + Shift + Page Down a total of 5 times

I'll be at 00:00.096 in the song.

It's the exact same grid snap value. Why does this happen?

So, there were a couple of things I wanted to check in on.

1) There are a bunch of fairly standard chords that don't seem to have default fingerings in EoF but I think should have them. They're also not open chords, so they're often used in several different positions for each song in which they appear. This folder has a GP file with some chords I noticed don't have fingerings and a notes.eof file that has the chords with suggested fingerings.

2) This is a somewhat subtler one regarding the detection of bass chords on 5-string or 6-string charts. First, a few observations:

- I (and a few others I know) have trouble getting chords detected on 5-string or 6-string charts, even if they're relatively simple ones (power chords, octave chords, the like).

- On guitar I don't have any problems with chord detection, with one recent exception: I accidentally had the guitar imported onto a bass track but didn't set it to a non-bass arrangement, so the tuning in EoF was all messed up in order for it to be EADGBE (I forget what the exact numbers were). Once this arrangement was put in game with the appropriate tuning in the toolkit, all single notes were detected fine, but chords were pretty much never detected. Later this problem with detection was resolved by changing it to a non-bass arrangement type and setting the appropriate tuning in EoF.

- On 5 and 6-string bass guitar arrangements, the tuning in EoF for a BEADGC tuning is set at 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, while in the toolkit you have to have it at -5, -5, -5, -5, -4, -4 at a tuning frequency of A220 on a guitar path (at least for "true" 5- or 6-string bass arrangements).

So, the second point makes me think that chord detection seems to stop working as one might hope when the "EoF tuning" and the "Toolkit tuning" disagree. The third point shows that, when set up the most natural way in each, the "EoF tuning" and "Toolkit tuning" on a 5- or 6-string arrangement must disagree. This could then be an explanation for the first point, in which chords on these bass charts don't get detected well.

Is it possible that this is the case? I don't know what goes on "under the hood" for deciding whether a chord is correct, or have any ideas why it would be significantly different from detecting individual notes, but based on what I've seen it seems plausible. Would there be any possible workarounds (e.g. using the "Toolkit tuning" in EoF and not adjusting notes when changing the tuning) that you could think of? I'd be happy to test things out if anyone has any ideas.

Another possibility is that especially low bass chords are just hard to detect well and their detection process isn't optimized for it, but it does seem to also affect chords in the "normal range" of a bass, where I think they detect much better than on the 5-string arrangements.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

1. I added chord definitions for these using the default fingerings given by Guitar Pro.

2. I haven't changed how EOF writes the tuning to XML is a very long time. It may be best to bring this to the toolkit developers' attention in case something changed with it unexpectedly.

2. should be even with toolkit, but as for bass it may have unexpected results, since it doesn't add 4-string bass tuning to definitions, so it become useless, I'd like to have attrib in xml from eof if it's 4\5\6 string bass or not so i could guess tuning with toolkit and use that

let me know if you've got any thoughts about this.

• Administrator

@@albatross213 Quick reminder :

Since EOF is kind of weird with the tuning part when using a 5 strings bass (it doesn't use a E standard tuning as a base which leads to some problem in the rest of the process as i've done it) i will actually use a guitar part in EOF to create the 5 strings bass part.
If both of your guitar part are already used, don't worry just "save as" your eof project in another folder so that you have two times the exact same project, one that will have the guitar part as a bass part and the other with the guitar part (i invite you to do this after you've insert everything that is crossed part in EOF like sections or syncing the beat map).
This tutorial won't take in consideration the use of an actual bass part since i haven't figured it out how to make this work as needed.

Note that you can use a bass part but you'll need to change the arrangement type in EOF (Track>Rocksmith>Arrangement Type) to a guitar one so that the tunning in EOF is referenced with a guitar E standard instead of the bass BEADGC standard.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

2. should be even with toolkit, but as for bass it may have unexpected results, since it doesn't add 4-string bass tuning to definitions, so it become useless, I'd like to have attrib in xml from eof if it's 4\5\6 string bass or not so i could guess tuning with toolkit and use that

let me know if you've got any thoughts about this.

I don't have any problem adding some kind of XML tag or something. Let me know if you have anything specific in mind.

Since EOF is kind of weird with the tuning part when using a 5 strings bass (it doesn't use a E standard tuning as a base which leads to some problem in the rest of the process as i've done it) i will actually use a guitar part in EOF to create the 5 strings bass part.

I don't see why this is a problem. It should be expected that bass tracks default to the universal standard 5 string bass tuning instead of what's standard for a non bass guitar.

• Administrator

Every time i've had a different tuning in EOF and the toolkit, the recognition inside that customs was fucked, i don't know why but it's always been like that. Since RS always refers to the EADGBE tuning, i don't see any reason to use any other tuning as a reference even if i agree that the universal standard makes sense in itself it doesn't when it comes to custom creation for Rocksmith that have no clue about that 5 and 6 strings bass universal standard...

I don't know what happen during the custom creation in the toolkit but overall it seems that any difference between the relative value in the xml made by EOF and what the user input in the toolkit is creating issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

We'll see what @@Alex360 would like to do with the XML tag. It may be this easy for the toolkit to be advised that the tuning needs to be converted as appropriate. The only other option would be for me to have EOF convert the tuning during RS export. Internally, the default bass tuning will need to stay BEADGC to ensure chord name detection works correctly.

You would have to set a custom grid snap value.

What do you mean by that?

I set the custom grid snap value to 1/24 and it doesn't seek at the same pace as the preset 1/24 grid snap value.

You said that built-in grid snap intervals always assume 4/4 time signature.

How can I make custom grid snap intervals always use the current time signature in the song? For example, let's say I'm at measure 50 and the current time signature is 5/4. If I set a custom grid snap interval, how I can make it seek at the 5/4 time signature's pace?

I hope I explained that well enough. If I didn't, please let me know and I'll elaborate.  :wacko: 

• Administrator

Well you don't have to do anything, custom grid will adjust to the time signature all over the song while the preset grid snap are set for a 4/4 time signature all along.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@raynebc, don't know if it would be difficult, let's just prototype things, We need defaults for those tuning things, i see your EOF logic should use "0" at 5 or 6 string bass so it should be converted to rocksmith guitar E-std offsets, so toolkit should know what type is this bass, 4 - no tunings required, 5+ -- adjust of the tuning required (at least root note?) plus i could identify bass tuning for sure if it's 4-stiring and it's known tuning we'll get it converted from 4-str eof format to 6-str rs format, same for 5 or 6 strings, we detect string specific tuning, then convert it to 6-str rs format(need to specify one?) ti seems there's nothing hard, right?

Well after getting things right from bass we'll have to name and use this tuning definition in generator.

I need your help in getting open tunings family recognition? maybe there some way i don't know, who's in to musical frameworks with all that logic open up ? :D

I set the custom grid snap value to 1/24 and it doesn't seek at the same pace as the preset 1/24 grid snap value.

That's entirely my point. The built-in grid snap values have a different behavior. The built in 1/4 grid snap will take the length of one beat, the built in 1/8 grid snap will take the length of one half beat, etc. regardless of what the time signature really is. To set a custom grid snap interval that honors the time signatures defined on the chart, use "Edit>Grid Snap>Custom" to define the interval (ie. 4 per measure, to represent the length one quarter note in any #/4 time signature regardless of how many beats per measure are defined in the active time signature).

@@Alex360 What EOF does now to write bass tunings to XML is the same as for guitar tunings: Each string's tuning is written as a relative difference, in half steps, to the instrument's default tuning. For 6 string guitar that's EADGBE, but for 6 string bass it's BEADGC. I don't grasp what changes you want to how EOF writes the tuning. The XML files written should already give enough information to identify the tuning format. If the defined arrangement type is bass and has tuning for 5 or 6 strings given, it's safe to assume EOF wrote the tuning as a relative bass tuning (0 0 0 0 0 0 is BEADGC) and not a relative guitar tuning (-5 5 2 0 -2 -4 is BEADGC). If you want EOF to write it as relative guitar tuning, I suppose that's an option, the other being that the toolkit converts it instead. I'm also not sure what you're asking for with the open tuning definitions. EOF doesn't have any intelligent detection for tuning names, just a list of what string tuning numbers match with a known tuning name.

Well you don't have to do anything, custom grid will adjust to the time signature all over the song while the preset grid snap are set for a 4/4 time signature all along.

I don't think I'm using the proper terms, because I'm still having problems.

The built-in custom grid snap values always assume 4/4 time signature, right?

Let's say I'm in the middle of a song, and the current measure has a 4/4 time signature.

If I use the built-in grid snap value 1/24, and then press Ctrl + Shift + Page Down FIVE TIMES.

And then...

I set a CUSTOM grid snap value of 1/24, and then I press Ctrl + Shift + Page Down FIVE TIMES.

I should seek at the EXACT same speed, no?

Because I'm doing that, and it's not.

The custom grid snap value is 4 times slower than the built-in grid snap value.

Sorry for not contributing during the day. I've been a bit busy. Anyway, here are a few responses:

@@firekorn - It probably would work better setting things to a guitar tuning. I might try that out on some of the customs I've made where the chord detection is really bad. One thing I'd change to the thing you quoted is that there's a better way to deal with making the bass thing on a guitar track than making an extra EoF file: you can change the arrangement type by going to Track -> Rocksmith -> Arrangement type and then clicking on the appropriate thing. You could do this before importing (in which case you'd tell EoF you don't want to make it a bass arrangement and then EoF should take care of setting the tuning), or you could do it after and then adjust the tuning manually (which is what I did to fix things for the guitar track I mentioned in my last post).

Anyway, from what I've observed, with the recent versions of EoF and the toolkit, it seems I don't get any note detection issues except with chords if the tunings don't match. I've probably made something close to 100 5-string charts and played them a bunch and I hadn't noticed any systematic issues with note recognition other than with chords, and for most songs those are infrequent enough on bass that I never really stopped and thought about it (on guitars it's a matter of an entirely different magnitude, but it's also pretty rare that you'd want to use a different tuning in EoF and the toolkit).

@@raynebc - Regarding the tunings being set in EoF, I don't really see a problem with BEADGC displaying as 0,0,0,0,0,0 relative tuning, but I think it would be best that when it exports to Rocksmith it does the tuning relative to EADGBE like the toolkit does (as -5,-5,-5,-5,-4,-4). I'm not 100% sure if this would fix the problems with note detection because of the necessity of the low tuning fix, and sometimes needing to use guitar charts, but it would solve another problem. When you import a BEADGC tuning chart into the toolkit, it reads it as being in EADG tuning, so for a charter who isn't paying close attention to anything unless a warning pops up it will end up being in the wrong tuning (and maybe having the green beams issue if it's a "true 5-string" chart, but that's a somewhat different issue).

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Please correct me If I'm wrong ,but since when EOF needs Lame and Vorbis Tools to use the MP3 support???(I haven't look at the updates for ages).

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52, what version you've got? use last release and hotfix, it should include lame+vorbistools as for windows version idk about OS X one. all works just fine after first launch it flashes with windows, make sure it doesn't blocked with AV proactive defense  then do settings and exit. launch again and you've got working copy of EOF

@@ShrillBear52, what version you've got? use last release and hotfix, it should include lame+vorbistools as for windows version idk about OS X one. all works just fine after first launch it flashes with windows, make sure it doesn't blocked with AV proactive defense  then do settings and exit. launch again and you've got working copy of EOF

That's strange then,I use the latest version and even added EOF to the exception list.....

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52, make sure it has lame.exe in eof folder tho

It has.But wait a minitue,what settings did you talkd about?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52, here's eof.cfg which created after your first launch, maybe you save it for your eof, just change tmp folder for real one

this will bypass checks and possibly allow you to use lame.exe