Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Thanks, I've fixed a bug with that warning as it should not have been triggered by that note. It is still triggered by the chord at measure 126 in the Rhythm track though (crosses an outro section and phrase change) and this seems to be correct.

• Like 2

• Developer

I believe the warning about arpeggios not containing at least two notes should be removed when using handshapes, since they are not arpeggios and there are a few cases where one might want to mark the handshape on a single chord (e.g. chord slides and chords with hammer-ons).

Also, could it be possible to have the option to leave double stops (or "chords" with just two notes) nameless? I believe that's the practice in official content where even power chords are sometimes left without names.

• Like 1

I believe the warning about arpeggios not containing at least two notes should be removed when using handshapes, since they are not arpeggios and there are a few cases where one might want to mark the handshape on a single chord (e.g. chord slides and chords with hammer-ons).

Also, could it be possible to have the option to leave double stops (or "chords" with just two notes) nameless? I believe that's the practice in official content where even power chords are sometimes left without names.

It'd be nice to get rid of that error message when adding handhapes to the end of a chord slide.

No names (or " ") for double stops would be cool too; although a bad idea to automate if the chord has a note on the low 3 strings.

I know you can do it manually in the Edit Pro Guitar Note menu, but it'd make for some cleaner charts if chords containing ONLY 2 notes in the EBG strings were nameless by default. :)   Maybe a checkbox in the preferences menu if guys really wanted to show all the chord names.

Does anybody have an objection to the removal of the warning displayed if a handshape phrase only has one note in it? This warning will still be allowed for arpeggio phrases.

I can probably create a preference to not auto-name double stops, but it will probably not be enabled by default. I'm going to have to split existing preferences off into different preference dialogs because the current one is full to the brim.

• Like 4

I have no objection to the removal of the warning displayed if a handshape phrase only has one note in it.

I agree with double stops on bass strings have a chord name, and those on treble strings do not.  If it's easier, by default turn them off.

Why I really posted, rock G should have auto fingering

should have auto fingering

X

X

@@raynebc, can EOF do FHPs based on TS?
I'd like to have this 9 istead of 7
http://i.imgur.com/BVR6s61.jpg

I don't know if it will work for all of the songs, but it perfectly fits this example}

Also as for tapping is it still generates redundant FHPs for it?

The FHP logic is too complicated to easily come up with a way to prefer it to line up with a beat/measure marker. As for tapping, I don't know. If you come up with a simple example I can examine it.

The latest hotfix (7-2-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug during RS exports where the "At least one note crosses an RS phrase or section boundary" warning could be given when it shouldn't be.

*Fixed a bug where applying tech notes within the scope of an arpeggio/handshape phrase could cause a chord of technotes to be improperly created at the start position of the phrase.

*Makes proposed changes to the chordify mechanism: The presence of open notes in an affected chord will not affect the exported chord tag's density, but if any non open notes have pre-bend status the chord will export with high density. If any non-open notes in an affected chord have ho, po, string mute, harmonic, pinch harmonic, tap, slap, pop, accent, pre-bend or palm mute statuses, or if any open notes have accent status, the chord tag for that chord will export with linknext disabled, otherwise it will export with linknext enabled. If an affected chord has open notes, chordnote tags with a length of 1ms and linknext status are written for those strings. Every note in an affected chord is exported as ignored single notes, regardless of whether that note has technique or sustain. If a note in an affected chord has a tech note at the chord's start position, the applicable single note tag is allowed to be offset by 1ms like other single notes for that chord, and the tech note's statuses are exported properly. If a tech note at an affected chord's start position has stop (suppressing sustain for a note in a chord that has sustain status applied) or bend status (pre-bend), the applicable single note is NOT offset by 1ms because those statuses' defined positions must remain as they are authored.

*Added a chord definition for "Rock G" (3 2 0 0 3 3).

*Separated the import/export related preferences into a separate preferences dialog. It and the original set of preferences are are available in the File>Preferences submenu.

*Added a "dB import skips 5nc conversion" preference for the manual eof_db_import_suppress_5nc_conversion config file entry that was previously added.

*Added a "Don't auto-name double stops" preference that does as its name suggests. With this preference, double stops that aren't manually named will export so that they appear with blank names in-game.

*Changed the check that warns if an arpeggio/handshape phrase only has one note to not apply to handshape phrases.

• Like 6

Hi guys.  I have a question about setting complex slides,

it's a slide that then sustains looks like this here http://i66.tinypic.com/34earma.png

If that link fails there's a link here http://prntscr.com/bo4trt

I have been able to do complex bends using tech notes so maybe there's a way to do slides without having to use multiple notes to define slides, hope this makes sense and I appreciate any help so I can finish making my custom!

For that, you have to use two notes. The first one is the pitched slide with linknext status. The second is the sustained note at fret 15. As I understand it, even official DLC doesn't author it differently than that.

oh wow, okay i'll give it a try. Thanks man.

For that, you have to use two notes. The first one is the pitched slide with linknext status. The second is the sustained note at fret 15. As I understand it, even official DLC doesn't author it differently than that.

Yea it was that linknext status that I was hoping for. I just hit N on the keyboard and ticked linknext and it's working. Thanks so much.

I'm trying to use the Song>Seek>Beat/Measure feature to skip to the measure "49.5" in the song Barracuda on GH3.

I used File>Import>Feedback to import the song chart.

First of all, I am unable to use decimals in the measure's number. (What happens when someone wants to skip to a certain part of a measure?)

Secondly, when I try to skip to the 49th measure, it instead brings me to the 42nd measure.

I'm using EOF 1.8RC11 with the latest hotfix (7-2-2016).

barracuda.chart

barracuda.mp3

EOF doesn't support seeking to a fractional measure number. The easy workaround is to seek to the beginning of the measure and use Pg Dn to seek the correct number of beats in.

About the seek issue in question, it looks like there is an authoring error that EOF isn't handling well. In the .chart file:

36480 = B 132743
	36481 = TS 5
The first 5/4 time signature occurs 1 tick after the beat and EOF doesn't import this correctly, causing measure numbering to malfunction. I edited the .chart file and fixed it to this:

36480 = B 132743
	36480 = TS 5
And it imports correctly and the seek to measure 49 works. I'll see if I can improve handling for this chart problem.

Is ther any way to add "select next note" to selection thing, like when I ctrl+L all similar notes, like with link next, then remove it's status and want to select next note to remove etc? so it offset selection by 1 so I'll get next note instead of current? thnx

That seems like a very specific function. How about a function to select the note at the current seek position (if any)? There are already seek next/previous note functions so this will double as an easy way to select the next or the previous note.