Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (5-18-2016) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Improved GP import so that if the chosen track has notes in both voices, EOF asks which of the voices to import.
*Fixed a bug where fret hand position warnings may be incorrectly given if tech view was in effect during save or when the "Check fret hand positions" function is used.
*Adds functions to select/deselect notes based on whether or not they are highlighted.
*Added a Note>Highlight menu with functions to apply or remove highlighting to selected notes.  The functions to transpose selected notes have been moved into a Note>Transpose menu.  The H menu hotkey has been re-assigned to the Highlight menu and O has been assigned to the HOPO menu.

• Like 1

For some reason with the latest hotfix, when I import a GoPlayAlong xml (which I know works as I already have a working copy) no notes show up in any of the difficulty tabs. 

I haven't changed my routine to starting a new project, other then I am on Windows 10 now. :/

Here's a pastebin of my log if that helps. http://pastebin.com/bqikAvMV

Thanks, I've fixed this.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (5-19-2016) is in the first post.  This release fixes a bug with the previous hotfix where GP files with only one populated voice wouldn't import correctly.

Fast fixing fingers! Works now :D

• Like 1

@@raynebc - Sorry, I missed the first time you asked. I'd say in nearly all cases I've seen the pre-bend and hold is intended for the part of the note with vibrato, so that sounds right.

Another thing I noticed with GP imports is that tremolo notes don't import with sustain if they're under 1/4 note long (which sometimes happens in songs with lower BPMs). Would it be possible to make it so notes marked with tremolo always import with sustain?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I was testing that example out and found that if I formally author the tie note as a pre-bend and release in Guitar Pro, it imports nicely in EOF so that the bend is held at the end of the first note and is released near the end of the tie note. Getting EOF to automatically assume this would be complex because it counters the logic that separates tied notes into linked notes when there are technique changes between the two. For now I think it's going to be best to leave it as is and have the author put in the pre-bend in Guitar Pro (or make the minor changes in EOF).

Another thing I noticed with GP imports is that tremolo notes don't import with sustain if they're under 1/4 note long

I've fixed this and another tremolo import issue that was related to the recent change allowing either/both instrument voices to be imported from Guitar Pro files.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (5-25-2016) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a GP import bug where tremolo technique wouldn't import correctly.
*Improved GP import to not remove the sustain from tremolo notes if the preference for GP import to truncate short notes or chords is enabled.
*Fixed a bug in RS export where a chord with chordify AND crazy AND "hi dens" statuses would export as low density instead of the expected high density.
*Fixed a crash that could occur if Rocksmith or Guitar Pro imports fail when no project is open.
*Fixed a bug where RS import would fail when parsing a 6 string chord.

• Like 2

If you've been able to use EOF on this computer before:  What was the last version of EOF you used without this issue?  Any major changes to your computer since then?  Any changes after rebooting the computer?  Does RC11 without any hotfixes work?

If this is the first time you've used EOF on this computer:  What OS are you using?  Does any antivirus software on your computer indicate that it's doing anything like quarantining EOF or any of its files, running it in a sandbox, or anything else?

• 3 weeks later...

@@raynebc, I found what become a problem with my asus usb card, it seems EOF doesn't like gx option which enable eax support(emulated or not idk) so it won't play audio at all, if i disable it and change mode, than relaunch EOF it works like a charm, any thoughts how it could be fixed inn EOF's code? for now I'll limit usage of gx mode, thx :)

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (6-19-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug with GPA import where section/phrase markers (depending on user preferences) weren't imported.

*Added a "eof_db_import_suppress_5nc_conversion" setting (which can be set to 1 by manually editing eof.cfg while EOF is not running) that will prevent 5 note chords from being converted to open notes during Feedback import.

*Makes proposed changes to the chordify mechanism. Now, when single notes (those that require sustain) are exported for the affected chord, the related chord tag is exported with linknext status and the beginning of the single notes are moved ahead by 1ms.

• Like 1

@@raynebc, is it important to warn user aout this http://imgur.com/G66rvzn even it have no section\phrase at this arrangement but it its st another one? or it's just a bug?

just place tailed note sowhere, add PS marker across that note at another arrangement and you'll reproduce it, using recent and before eof's