Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

But what makes me reluctant from using that function is that doing that quick save will make the default export but then the next time the user wants to make a legitimate normal save no message will show up, failing to alert of an imperfection in the chart.

Edit: oops I just understood you raynebc, "no change to the chart " . All is good then .

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

I take the stance that the author should be alerted if any note crosses a phrase boundary because the introduction of dynamic difficulties can very easily disrupt the note. That check was pretty broken though, it will be much more correct (and mutable with the other DD warnings) in the next hotfix.

I can live with that for the moment.

Longer term I think we should be more systematic and test sustained notes with various techniques applied to them and see what happens when a phrase interrupts the sustain when DD is added, so if necessary @@Chlipouni could add features to DDC similar to how linknexts prevent the creation of a phrase that would disrupt the sustain, or if the note techniques cause no problems they could be excluded from the check. Without something like that, we'd only be catching the problems that occur at sections or phrases defined in EoF, and based on what I've observed of many customs, I'd guess that's something less than 1/4 of the potential errors of this sort, which seems sort of silly.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (4-27-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a crash that would occur when using the "Paste erases overlap" preference when pasting over existing notes in a pro guitar track.

*Corrected the auto-recover logic to correctly set the song folder and attempt to load the appropriate audio file.

*Updated RS2 export warning checks to reflect that slides as high as fret 24 are allowed.

*Added a "Song>Rocksmith>Suppress DD warnings" option that will prevent EOF from warning about dynamic difficulty related issues during save.

*Corrected the logic for the new RS2 check for notes that cross a RS phrase or section boundary.

*Improved RS import to parse chordnote data, allowing it to import chord lengths, stop tech notes, bend definitions and techniques that are applied to the entire chord.

*Improved RS import to support "ignore" status.

*Fixed an RS import bug from the 4-24-2016 hotfix where split status could be incorrectly applied.

• Like 4

@@raynebc - On the topic of warnings, there was one that I was wondering about whether it could be implemented without too much trouble, which is warning of "improper" use of linknext status, as this is currently something that's a bit hard to find in EoF but very noticeable in game.

That is, it would warn if the end of the tail of the linked note doesn't match the start of the tail fo the next note, so it would warn if the had something like a 10 linked to anything other than a 10 (which I think I've seen happen sometimes with hammer-ons with notes ringing out from other strings), if a 10 with a slide that ends anywhere other than the 12th fret links to a 12 (which sometimes happens if I'm hasty with my use of precise select like when changing slides), and things like that. Maybe also if chords are linked but have different handshapes, if a note with a bend is linked to a note with a different bend status (happens sometimes with bends with vibrato on a tied note if the bend isn't defined properly in the GP), or things like that (which I think covers all of the cases I can think of that lead to weird things off the top of my head).

Also, big thanks for the improved RS import features!

Some of those checks (particularly different automatic/manual handshapes between linked notes) could get very elaborate to implement. It might be easier for me to change GP import to avoid placing linknext automatically where it's not appropriate. Would you be able to make a short GP file with some example scenarios?

This GP file should cover a few examples of ways of I've seen things authored in GP that end up being weird in game. There might be a few more that I've seen, but I think that covers the most frequent ones.

Regarding the stuff with chords, even a check for whether the "base fret" of the chords match would be useful. Slides between different handshapes are relatively rare and a check for the base fret would still catch most of the cases I'd be worried about.

This GP file should cover a few examples of ways of I've seen things authored in GP that end up being weird in game.

I'll look at this soon.

I finally finished the RS import improvements. Now any chord techniques that are applied to individual strings instead of the whole chord can be imported. I put this off for a long time because I knew adding logic that would intelligently place the tech notes to maximize their distance from each other (for easy viewing) would be complex. Sure enough, it took a couple hundred lines of code, but the results are good. Here's my original test chart:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/original_zpsezfbqaox.jpg

And what it looks like when I import the XML that was generated:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/imported_zpsuisykxec.jpg

It looks like a perfect 1:1 import. Chords that exported with sustain import that way, techniques that applied to all strings in the chord by technote simplified to being applied to the chord itself, multiple tech notes on a single string condense to one tech note per string where possible. Stop tech notes are applied where they should be. Sustain tech notes are applied appropriately, the only reason it wasn't applied to the entire third chord is because the E string has bend technique and thus wasn't interpreted as needing sustain status to justify it having a sustain. The technote placement logic should be more or less bullet proof, allowing for efficient placement no matter how many tech notes are on a chord. Feel free to try to break this when the next hotfix comes out, I want it to be able to handle all possible situations.

• Like 5

Anyone else having problems with hotfix (eof hotfix (4-27-2016). It downloads but when extracted the exe file give me an error, "This app can't run on your PC. Find a version for your PC, check with software publisher". 

Runs fine before hotfix. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks 

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this or if it's possible but would you guys be able to add a shortcut key for import gpro files like you can with lyrics with one the F buttons?

It's easy to set up, but all of the F# keys are assigned. I'd have to remove the assignment from something else. F12 is currently set up to test the active chart in Frets on Fire, this is possibly not used much.

Anyone else having problems with hotfix (eof hotfix (4-27-2016). It downloads but when extracted the exe file give me an error, "This app can't run on your PC. Find a version for your PC, check with software publisher".

Your download may have been corrupted, try downloading it again. Otherwise I just tested it in 32 bit Windows XP and it loaded without error.
  • Like 1

This GP file should cover a few examples of ways of I've seen things authored in GP that end up being weird in game.

Regarding the first example (vibrato on a bent note), are you wanting it to import the linked note as a pre-bent note that has vibrato?

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (5-3-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved RS import so that techniques that affect individual strings instead of the entire chord are imported as tech notes.

*Fixed tech note logic so they can be used to apply string mute status.

*Corrected the "Deselect toms" function to apply to drum notes that contain both toms and cymbals.

*Re-organized many of the selection/deselection functions to be in their own submenus. Many of those that could only either select or deselect can now do both.

*Added functions to select/deselect notes of a specific length.

*Re-assigned the F12 keyboard shortcut to Guitar Pro import.

*Added function to select/deselect notes depending on whether or not they are grid snapped.

• Like 4

@@raynebc, fix for 3 may is dropped my cfg file to defaults, can we get notification when this could happen or at least backup cfg before this It's completely trow off rails when you have custom setup and it's vanished away :(

fortunately I have some backups so i can set all my settings back pretty quickly :)

EOF isn't designed to do that. What you described would only happen if EOF cannot find the eof.cfg file when it launches, or if that file had been emptied/corrupted. I wonder if EOF's access to that file was blocked, such as by a meddlesome antivirus program?

• Like 1

Somebody mentioned something similar about a different hotfix a few days ago. They re-downloaded the hotfix and it worked fine. I'd suggest trying this because dozens of other people are using this hotfix already.

@@rummhamm87 Regarding the GP import grace note issue you mentioned before the forum was reverted:

Right now it mostly seems that this problem is limited to grace notes that are applied to the first note of a measure.  I'll look into that, but let me know if you find other scenarios where they aren't working.

Edit:  I've fixed that issue.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (5-10-2016) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Various fixes for the "Open strum" feature of 5 lane guitar/bass tracks.
*Fixed a bug where enabling the display of grid lines while a custom per-measure grid snap was defined could cause EOF to hang.
*Fixed a bug where the seek to next anchor function wouldn't work in some scenarios.
*Improved the "Manage RS phrases" logic to avoid a crash by appending beats to the project if the last beat in a project contains an RS phrase.
*Fixed a bug with GP import where before the beat grace notes that were applied to the first beat in a measure were ignored.
*Improved the handling of grace notes during GP import so that if a grace note is applied on a string that isn't used in the affected note, it doesn't get interpreted as a chord.  Muted grace notes authored in this way will now import correctly.

• Like 1

Recently noticed that eof is crashing when using the "playback rate" feature with "time stretch" enabled below 100%

@@SpookyMulder mentioned this in another thread (http://customsforge.com/topic/29212-crash-when-selecting-playback-rate-other-than-100) but I never heard back about whether trying EOF 1.8RC11 with no hotfix avoided a crash. Without this information, I probably can't do much to troubleshoot this problem (which I assume is dependent on your computer hardware).