Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Not a big problem but my cat was helping me chart yesterday and it pressed a key or combination of keys that turned the info window grey and I cant change it back. Like I said not a big problem as I dont use it.

CTRL+I would have been the key combination that toggled the display of the info panel off.

Thanks dude , bloody cat , it's not the first time it tried to sabotage me , it's managed to move all notes on 1 bar before.

• Like 1

I was fixing sync issues on a previously made cdlc, and when i went to save it the cancel save to fix fretting hand position message popped up. And i clicked yes when it moved to each position asking if i wanted to fix it...When i then went to play the song palm mute symbols were showing up far to the left of the notes, and everything was messed up.

Without a screen capture I probably can't say what would have caused this. EOF will give very specific warnings depending on what the problem is. For example if you have RS1 export enabled, there are several limitations for fret hand positions.

Didn't have any problems with fretting hand position when i made the cdlc some weeks ago, with a different Eof version.

Improvements were made to FHP generation a little over 3 weeks ago, but no bugs have been verified to exist at this time. If you can reproduce a problem with a project file, let me know.

Another problem i had yesterday was that while i was fixing the fretting hand positions, was that suddenly all of the notes were moved 1 beat or so forward. All i did was load the same file i loaded 5 min earlier, that was fully synced, but got the fretting hand positions messed up.

There are ways that this could be done, especially if you've been working with the leading silence feature or the "Note>Move grid snap" functions. If you can find a set of steps to reproduce this when the behavior is unexpected, let me know.

The fretting hand popup was similar to the one i got in a previous eof version, where it asked if i wanted to correct it. I just clicked yes, like before. Ill get a screenshot or something if it happens again.

All i did when the notes moved was load the saved .eof file, delete fretting hand position and save it, then generate a .psarc file to try and play the song. Then i noticed the notes moved. So i just did the same again, loaded the .eof file, moved the notes back again, deleted fretting hand position, saved it and generated a .psarc file, and played the song. Last time everything was fine. I didn't change anything else. It was easy and fast to fix. But i just thought it's best to report it, in case there is something buggy.

Hey guys some EOFs ago i'm getting pick slides without the slides on Rocksmith, i mean they look ok in eof (unpitched slide, string muted, ignore and tremolo marked) but in RS just appears the note without the tail, am i doing something wrong?

• Like 1

@@SA_JK - I think this is a (unintended?) consequence of the change in version 2-03-2016 to remove sustains from muted (palm or fret hand) notes. @@raynebc - Why exactly did this get updated? I know it doesn't usually make strict sense to have sustains on muted notes, but it also removes the possibility of doing some things in EoF (pick slides and tremolo picked palm muted notes come to mind).

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-15-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated Feedback import so that the threshold distance at which notes are forced strum by default is 11/128 measure.

*Improved Feedback import's HOPO detection logic to support instances where technique notation gems are authored between the individual gems in a chord.

*Changed RS2 export of string/palm muted notes so that the sustain is kept if the note also uses a technique that requires the sustain to be kept (bend, vibrato or slide).

*Added a "Note>Lyrics>Remove pitch" function.

*Improved new paste in the vocal track so that the pasted lyrics begin at the seek position like they do with instrument tracks.

*Moved the "Highlight notes in arpeggios" function to "Song>Pro Guitar" and added it as an option that is stored into the project during save.

*Improved the highlighting feature so that toggleable highlighting options ("Highlight notes in arpeggios" and "Highlight non grid snapped notes") are individually removable and do not effect the highlighting applied by other operations.

*Improved the audio selection dialog in the new chart wizard (and Feedback import) to also allow WAV files to be selected.

*Improved editor logic so that middle clicking on a lyric selects the lyric and opens the "Edit lyric" dialog for it.

• Like 3

@ - I was just playing around in EoF and managed to get the 3D view to invert by pressing "\" a bunch. Wasn't sure how to get it back for a while, but thankfully I eventually tried Ctrl+\ and got it back  :lol:. It is kind of easy to get into weird situations by accident.

I'd probably need the project file to give a definite answer, but my first guess is that the first note in that arpeggio may have ended up being a ms or two earlier than the RS phrase change at the time the arpeggio was marked. It would still start before the phrase if the notes in the phrase were resnapped. Zooming in enough on the chart may show a base chord of all ghost notes if this is what happened.

I thought that too i.e. the notes were slightly off grid when I marked the arpeggio, then when I re-snapped the notes before saving the arpeggio phrase ended up a few milliseconds before the phrase change and (freshly snapped) first note.

I had a play about then and the re-mark arpeggio function is pretty redundant e.g.

- I selected the first offending arpeggio range (the one in the pic)

- I used the remark button combo (Ctrl+Shift+G) and saved (notes were pre-snapped, I did it straight after loading the project)

- same problem

- I manually erased arpeggio phrase and re-mark

- When I saved it let that one go and went to the next offense

Conclusion - arpeggio phrase (green area) is slightly before new phrase.  Could be as a result of adding arpeggio to unsnapped notes which are slightly before new phrases or as a result of copy/pasting entire pre-arpeggiated parts from Guitar_22

Recommendation - improve re-mark function.  I'd love it, actually, if the re-mark function could be used to re-mark in batch?  i.e. do a Ctrl+A for the whole arrangement, then hit re-mark.  Re-mark would only re-mark existing arpeggio phrases, not mark the entire arrangement as 1 single arpeggio.

Also, remove the keyboard shortcut from re-mark as its the same as mark in the first place and the 2 should be separate.

Anyway, here are the files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyeXZOVEZYWDRCa28/view?usp=sharing

I fixed phrase "3" so far, but it picks up phrase "4" (and probably others) for the same offence.

Thanks for any help, I'm off to manually remark these now.  And I'm probably totally wrong again :D

I've fixed the check, which was basically warning for every arpeggio that started at the beginning of a RS phrase, but it wasn't sorting the arpeggio phrases so it was warning about them out of chronological order anyways.

Mark/Remark are meant to be the same function for phrases, just that the menu changes the text to reflect that one or more of the selected notes are already in a phrase. Mark/Remark isn't specifically a function for re-snapping a phrase as much as redefining the start and stop position based on selected notes. I don't think that's compatible with the suggested feature.

Anyone knows how I could seek to selected note from any place of the song? I've changed some notes and can't find what I did also I usually forget to ctrl+d selection so i could move notes accidentally up\down :D

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-20-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Changed the behavior of the logic that reads the pro guitar/bass tunings from song.ini. These values will not override those in the project when a project is loaded, as Rocksmith supports 4 or 6 string counts to be authored in either track type.

*Added the CTRL+W shortcut key to "Note>Star power>Mark".

*Corrected the check during save that identifies arpeggio/handshape phrases that cross from one RS phrase into another.

*Replaced various uses of single precision floating point with double precision floating point, ie. copy/paste/auto-adjust.

*Improved "Song>Create preview audio" to store the start and end times of the preview as INI tags (preview_start_time and preview_end_time) in the project. Phase Shift currently supports using that start tag. If chart audio is loaded, EOF will offer to create preview audio files using the given time range of the audio. Subsequent calls to this function will read existing start and time stamps from the INI settings and use them to fill out the input fields.

Since the clipboard format has changed, make sure to not paste from EOF's clipboard until you perform a copy operation first or the paste will malfunction.

• Like 2

Small suggestion for organizing .clipboard\redo\undo\tmp files from root folder to sub folder like ".tmp" or else, like ".cache" since it's clutters bin folder a lot, thanks ;)

The clipboard files shouldn't be much nuisance, there are only two of them. The lyrics.temp file wasn't deleting after lyric export, but I fixed that. Are there other temp files that are being left in the folder?

I'll consider moving the redo/undo files, since those can pile up if EOF isn't closed gracefully.

Thanks for the fix.

I was only making suggestions because I thought the problem was how I described it.  But an easy fix is much better :D

I did have the same message in another song (the Gary Moore one), but the arpeggios did actually go over to a new phrase, so I figured it was working :lol:

Anyone knows how I could seek to selected note from any place of the song? I've changed some notes and can't find what I did also I usually forget to ctrl+d selection so i could move notes accidentally up\down :D

Why note use the bookmark feature in EoF to store up to 10 bookmarked time stamps.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@Berneer, because I work continuously on it and could change some sections across the song (catalog feature doesn't work for me :) )
as for bookmarks i don't use it that much. plus if you randomly pick a note somewhere you unable to find it with bookmark feature, best choice is undo las changes till you sure it's safe. gotta test custom now :P

• Like 1

Already got a question about 2-20-2016

Before handshape section is added

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyTlU4RGIxNlU0NVk/view?usp=sharing

Select range, then apply handshape

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyM3dSQmhfQTB0ZE0/view?usp=sharing

Questions:

- Why does it set a (albeit ghost) E0?

- Won't this E0 effect the handshape in the sense that the auto FHP will expect you to play the D1/D3 trill with fingers 2 and 4, where I would be expecting to play this with fingers 1 and 3?

After some more thought, you could use Song>Catalog>Add to make a fret catalog entry out of the selected notes, then use "Song>Seek>Catalog entry" to seek to it.

- Why does it set a (albeit ghost) E0?

This was my workaround (added back in July 2015) for EOF not originally being designed to create chord templates (of which one would have to be selected to assign to a handshape tag) for single notes. So if a handshape/arpeggio phrase only uses one string, EOF throws an open ghost note so that the base chord of the phrase so that the rest of the logic works as expected. Doing otherwise could be messy and I decided this was better than breaking a complicated set of code.

- Won't this E0 effect the handshape in the sense that the auto FHP will expect you to play the D1/D3 trill with fingers 2 and 4, where I would be expecting to play this with fingers 1 and 3?

It shouldn't. Open notes are generally disregarded by the FHP generation logic. Testing your example, I'm only seeing a single fret hand position of 1 being created.
  • Like 1

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone is able to help me, I'm trying to set bends like this http://i63.tinypic.com/v5xvth.png

Hopefully that image appears, if not use this http://prntscr.com/a5w7cf

Anyway It's a bend and release that's performed multiple times in a note, i'm not sure how to tab it out in eof as I haven't create a note like that before. I don't normally ask for help as I try figure things out myself but I'm really stuck now lol.

@@theomey - You'll want to use tech notes. There's an extensive tutorial. If you still have questions after reading the relevant sections, let me know.

• Like 2