Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Administrator

Yeah, you can find many different way of showing the same kind of thing in ODLC too, at one point it's really up to you to decide what you wanna do.

I don't think displaying different chord name when the handshape doesn't change as a "normal thing" because one handshape will tend to correspond to one chord with only one name.

Anyway at the moment you can always blank out the name of chord you don't want to appear manually so if you really wanna work on a clean chart you have the option you need.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@raynebc,

About the density of chords, a chord with a slide has to be in low density even if the previous one has the same "chordId".

It seems that EOF creates a new handShape in the XML file in this case, so there is no problem with EOF.

Do you know other similar cases in which a chord has to be forced in low density in the middle of a handShape ?

Thanks

In the middle of a handshape? I would expect that's needed in the same scenarios for chords outside of handshape tags: When the chord has a technique that requires chordnote tags to be written (which EOF recognizes to be any of the following: Slide, unpitched slide, bend, hammer on, pull off, harmonic, tremolo, pop, slap, pinch harmonic, tap or vibrato). Probably also if there's a chord change in the handshape, otherwise the changed chord would show up as a repeat line.

After watching some vids back, it's something that includes a muted E after an open E "type" chord that causes unnecessary sustain (anything with chord sustain up to the next note should not be there, I always leave at least a small gap).

http://customsforge.com/topic/23174-elevation-live/

That's even a 3rd opinion (random YouTube vid).

I dunno if you read the bottom of page 75?  Thanks :D

I had a "sustain bug" before in a U2 custom, many EOFs ago. It would draw in game a chord sustain (chord handshape) up to the next note, even when there is no susstain in EoF. I found a very similar situation with what seems like the same setup, E chord onto a muted open E.

This was the logic that allows a fully string muted chord to be lumped into the previous chord's handshape. It was applying to muted single notes too, which wasn't intended, and forcing them into the previous chord's handshape even if the single note had crazy status. I've fixed this.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-27-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed an RS2 export bug where a handshape phrase whose first chord had split status would cause the export to fail.

*Improved RS import to detect split status, which is applied when multiple single notes exist at the same place, but no chord does.

*Improved GP import to reflect that note tuplets override triplet feel notation.

*Fixed an RS2 export bug where a chord's handshape was improperly extended to cover a string muted single note that followed it.

• Like 2

I too can confirm the triplet stuff (whatever you did) works fantastic now.  I've been working on a song on and off for a few weeks, got the Rhythm and Bass fixed up manually (same problems as @@albatross213 described) but have been scared to near lead as it was looking like the headache from hell fixing it all up.

But now, just imported again using 1-27-2016 and it all laid out perfectly (timing at least).

So thanks albatross and thanks raynebc.  Happy Plum :D

• Like 1

I don't think you can avoid it anymore, changing the time signature denominator forces an anchor. I might be able to waive this requirement if the "use accurate time signatures" song property is not enabled, but that would probably be the only circumstance it would be appropriate to allow this. Let me know what you think. I wouldn't expect most songs really change time signatures so often that it adds an extreme difficulty to having to manually sync those extra beat markers.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-3-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where allowing EOF to transpose the guitar notes affected by a tuning change when tech view was in effect would cause tech notes to be altered instead of the normal notes.

*Improved the tuning change transpose logic to offer to update pitched and unpitched slide ending positions.

*Improved Feedback import to recognize the unofficial "N 6 #" tapping notation and to create slider phrases to define such notes.

*Fixed a bug where the target song folder for the new project created during Feedback import might not be correctly set to reflect the imported file's location.

*Updated RS exports so that string/palm muted notes are written without sustain.

*Added a warning during save (if RS1/2 export is enabled) if any arpeggio or handshape phrases cross a phrase change, which may not work correctly if the chart has or gains dynamic difficulty (ie. through DDC).

*Improved multiple Rocksmith checks performed during save to correctly observe both normal notes as well as tech notes.

• Like 2

Do we have a regression about midi Tones playback? it lost notes durations somehow, earlier versions sounds pretty good tho, can you inverstigate? or tell me what's changed c:

EDIT
something weird happened to me, it's all fine now >_>

Nothing changed (intentionally) recently. The last purposeful change to MIDI tones was so that ghost notes no longer trigger a tone by default. This was back in July, 2015.

Can you describe the issue? Is the sound different or is it sounding off for different notes? The quality of the playback would depend on what your Operating System's default MIDI playback device is.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-10-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a Feedback import bug where unofficial slider notation (N 6 #) could cause notes to import with the wrong HOPO status.

*Fixed a GP import bug where tie notes in 7 string guitar tracks might not be imported correctly.

*Improved GP import to properly handle "on the beat" grace notes and to honor the "GP import truncates short notes" preference for the sustain for imported grace notes.

*Improved RS import to support creating arpeggio phrases.

*Improved RS import to support creating handshape phrases for handshape tags that include any single notes.

*Added a "dB import drops mid beat tempos" preference that removes beats that were added to compensate for mid-beat tempo changes during Feedback import.

I'm going to work on handshape import some more, but this is a start.

• Like 5

So I worked in EOF for over 3 hours.. system locked up, I didn't quick save of course. lost all my progress. Restarted EOF and It did ask me if I wanted to recover my work before the crash, I selected Yes, system opened my CDLC Folder I was working in, But there was no file it would let me select. I believe it was looking for an ogg file that wasn't there. I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that is. I have wasted another 3 hours in EOF. Last time this happened I didn't touch EOF for a month. I am sitting here to the point of picking up smoking again to calm my myself down.. I'm gonna go outside and punch a Tree...

Am i the only one that gets the song messed up with the new fretting hand "fixing"? Have to make sure i delete all fretting hand positions before i save the song, if not everything is messed up in game.

Can you further describe the issue? Are you using DDC?

So I worked in EOF for over 3 hours.. system locked up, I didn't quick save of course. lost all my progress. Restarted EOF and It did ask me if I wanted to recover my work before the crash, I selected Yes, system opened my CDLC Folder I was working in, But there was no file it would let me select. I believe it was looking for an ogg file that wasn't there. I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that is. I have wasted another 3 hours in EOF. Last time this happened I didn't touch EOF for a month. I am sitting here to the point of picking up smoking again to calm my myself down.. I'm gonna go outside and punch a Tree...

All you had to do was cancel the prompt to load the audio file and EOF would have opened the chart with playback functions disabled (until suitable audio could be loaded with "File>Load OGG"). If you didn't delete the .undo files in EOF's program folder, you can manually reload the last undo state for your chart, just use "File>Load", browse to EOF's program folder, enter "*.undo" in the file name field and hit enter and it will show you the undo states you can load. You can easily arrange these files by date modified to find the last save that got created.

If you find a reliable way to cause EOF to crash, let me know. Crashes seem like a quite rare occurrence since I never hear anybody mention it. Not manually saving work for several hours is pretty risky no matter what program you're working in, but EOF goes out of its way to make sure even a crash doesn't make you lose much, if anything.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (2-12-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved the handshape phrase detection in RS import to examine for chord changes inside the scope of handshape tags and tags that begin before their first note/chord.

*Improved RS import to detect high density status.

*Improved Feedback import to allow inverted HOPO or slider technique markers to be defined either before or after their affected notes.

*Fixed a crash that would occur if selecting a note in one track, changing to a different track that is a pro guitar track and middle clicking on a note without manually selecting that note first. Similar crashes in very specific scenarios may also be resolved.

• Like 1

Am i the only one that gets the song messed up with the new fretting hand "fixing"? Have to make sure i delete all fretting hand positions before i save the song, if not everything is messed up in game.

Can you further describe the issue? Are you using DDC?

I was fixing sync issues on a previously made cdlc, and when i went to save it the cancel save to fix fretting hand position message popped up. And i clicked yes when it moved to each position asking if i wanted to fix it. I don't remember what the popup messages exact words were. When i then went to play the song palm mute symbols were showing up far to the left of the notes, and everything was messed up.

Didn't have any problems with fretting hand position when i made the cdlc some weeks ago, with a different Eof version.

Another problem i had yesterday was that while i was fixing the fretting hand positions, was that suddenly all of the notes were moved 1 beat or so forward. All i did was load the same file i loaded 5 min earlier, that was fully synced, but got the fretting hand positions messed up. I just deleted all fretting hand positions and saved again. When i then got ingame all the notes were 1 beat off sync. Was an easy fix, since all notes were 1 beat off, but all were off by the same amount. But i dont understand why they suddenly moved.

Not a big problem but my cat was helping me chart yesterday and it pressed a key or combination of keys that turned the info window grey and I cant change it back. Like I said not a big problem as I dont use it.

I did this the other day, drove me demented trying to figure it out :lol:

In preferences (Edit Menu), top left, 4 down "Hide Info Panel".  Untick it.

Not a big problem but my cat was helping me chart yesterday and it pressed a key or combination of keys that turned the info window grey and I cant change it back. Like I said not a big problem as I dont use it.

CTRL+I would have been the key combination that toggled the display of the info panel off.

I was fixing sync issues on a previously made cdlc, and when i went to save it the cancel save to fix fretting hand position message popped up. And i clicked yes when it moved to each position asking if i wanted to fix it...When i then went to play the song palm mute symbols were showing up far to the left of the notes, and everything was messed up.

Without a screen capture I probably can't say what would have caused this. EOF will give very specific warnings depending on what the problem is. For example if you have RS1 export enabled, there are several limitations for fret hand positions.

Didn't have any problems with fretting hand position when i made the cdlc some weeks ago, with a different Eof version.

Improvements were made to FHP generation a little over 3 weeks ago, but no bugs have been verified to exist at this time. If you can reproduce a problem with a project file, let me know.

Another problem i had yesterday was that while i was fixing the fretting hand positions, was that suddenly all of the notes were moved 1 beat or so forward. All i did was load the same file i loaded 5 min earlier, that was fully synced, but got the fretting hand positions messed up.

There are ways that this could be done, especially if you've been working with the leading silence feature or the "Note>Move grid snap" functions. If you can find a set of steps to reproduce this when the behavior is unexpected, let me know.

I did this the other day, drove me demented trying to figure it out :lol:

In preferences (Edit Menu), top left, 4 down "Hide Info Panel".  Untick it.

Sweet. Thanks. It's not something I look at or use but it's true what they say "You don't know what you have till it's gone" :D