Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi raynebc,

I am using FHP feature for a new song and I have a few questions about it :

- Is it possible to have "highDensity" feature for repeated chords inside a FHP ?

- Is it possible to force EOF to generate again the "highDensity" flags after removing all FHPs ?

- It seems that the "resnap" functionality doesn't move the FHP starting notes. Does it ?

EDIT : about the second question, it seems that EOF generates a handShape when a chord contains a ghost note (even if the chord is the same as the previous one).

That's why the "highDensity" status is always set to 0 for these chords.

My problem is that :

- when I use a FHP, there is no way to obtain repeated chord boxes inside

- when I remove the FHP and I use classical chords with ghost notes inside (to set the missing fingers positions), EOF forces the handShape generation for each occurrence of the chord

In the second case, I can achieve my goal by modifying the XML file (I remove the repeated handShapes and I set correctly the "highDensity" flag on the chords).

Thank you

By FHP, are you referring to handshape phrases?  FHP usually stands for "fret hand position".  When I take four identical chords and put them in a handshape, this is what I get:

<chord time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="0.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="4" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="4" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="1.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="4" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="1.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="1.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

High density is applied to all chords after the first repeated one, although I see that the first repeated chord should probably have it as well.  Is that the issue you're seeing?

Resnapping notes does not move any phrase type, which would include handshapes.  But this should only be a minor inconvenience because re-marking the handshape phrase is quick.

About EOF exporting different handshapes for similar chords when ghost notes are in use, I could think about how to improve this, but ghost notes weren't intended to be used that way.  Mostly they're just meant to be used to define the chord shape for arpeggio or handshape phrases.  You could likely use handshape phrases as a workaround.

Handshape phrases display no chord box, which is a pain in the rear - a game limitation I know, but it looks messy as hell when >1 note is required in the first "hit" imo.

You know something, I've been hearing "high density" chords for a couple of years now and I've never worked out what it means.  Any chance of some screenies anyone?

Separate questions altogether...

Using 12-11-2015.  Worked out some versions ago that your mouse need not be too close to the white arrow head to change the tempo marker.  No probs, love it.  Although, I am a pro shooter so getting it bang on was no hassle :D

What I notice now though, dunno if its pre 12-11-2015 cause I used 1409 for long enough, is that there is an area where the mouse can move both the new (virgin white marker) and the previously planted red marker.  I only noticed cause the song I'm working on is very loose, so its getting basically a red marker every beat.

This could cause mayhem in customs where people are only marking beat anchors every 30 secs or so (90% of the customs on here?).  It's completely detrimental to the work people put in left to right while syncing.

It only happens when your mouse is not bang on the new white marker, its like the new area you programmed?

To reproduce, lay a beat anchor (red line), the move mouse about 75% of the way to the next beat marker and move it.  Previous (not all) red marker moves.

Red markers should plant, and this is an error imo :(

Although, I'm used to getting slapped about cause I'm wrong, so bring it on :D

Ran out of time to write any text so hope this helps:

MacGyver Theme song chorus (I applied accented status)

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/High%20density/Highdensity%20insight%201_zpsyw80zgie.png

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/High%20density/Highdensity%20insight%202_zpsk59knezy.png

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/High%20density/Highdensity%20insight%203_zpsgzsavbff.png

example that contains all ...

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/High%20density/Highdensity%20insight%204_zpsknhtysnp.png

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@raynebc,

In your example, everything is right for me. The second occurrence of chords is the first one with the chordId "4".

The problem with this model is that all chords are fully displayed in the game (even these with the highDensity = "1").

I am looking for a way to use the handshape phrase feature with the repeated chord box functionality.

EDIT : @@Berneer, thank you for this great illustration. Do you know if highDensity = "1" works inside a handShape phrase ?

Thank you

Handshape phrases display no chord box, which is a pain in the rear - a game limitation I know, but it looks messy as hell when >1 note is required in the first "hit" imo.

It should if there's a chord at the beginning of the handshape.

What I notice now though, dunno if its pre 12-11-2015 cause I used 1409 for long enough, is that there is an area where the mouse can move both the new (virgin white marker) and the previously planted red marker.

There haven't been changes to the click and drag logic for quite a long time.  I've never seen the described behavior before, and I couldn't reproduce it with your steps.  Generally, it shouldn't be possible to click and drag more than one beat marker at a time, because the selected beat is determined when the left click occurs (and the piano roll reflects this by displaying the selected beat in ).  Are you able to provide a short video demonstrating it?

I'm not aware of changing the highDensity attribute really affecting anything, or it didn't seem to the last time we messed around with it.  For the sake of whether a chord box or repeat is displayed, I think the game relies on whether the position of the chord tag matches that of any handshape tag.

Are you able to provide a short video demonstrating it?

Yes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyM3V1bkJaWmJ1WUk/view?usp=sharing

You don't see my mouse but you can clearly see the effects.  I can choose to move the previous red marker or not, depending on how close I make the new mouse hit to the subsequent white marker.

I'll get to the hanshape thing.  It's really the reason I don't use hanshapes, I have tried it many times.  Maybe its changed and I haven't noticed.  I'll give it a positive effort with the new EoF.

I think I'd misunderstood you before, about the click and drag behavior. From watching the video, it looked like expected behavior to me, the behavior EOF's had for years. When you are dragging a beat and both its and the previous anchor's tempos change, that means there's another anchor further ahead in the chart.

About chords inside a handshape exporting as a chord, it should work as long as the following two things are true:

1. The chord in question has at least 2 non-ghosted gems.

2. The chord in question must not be marked as crazy. EOF used to apply this automatically for notes inside a handshape, but this doesn't happen anymore.

EDIT : @@Berneer, thank you for this great illustration. Do you know if highDensity = "1" works inside a handShape phrase ?

Hi chlipouni,

Good question. So I tested it :)

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/High%20density/Highdensity%20insight%205_zps3famnkdx.png

<chordTemplates count="6">
    <chordTemplate displayName="F#5" chordName="F#5" fret0="2" fret1="4" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />
    <chordTemplate displayName="F#5" chordName="F#5" fret0="2" fret1="4" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />
    <chordTemplate displayName=" " chordName=" " fret0="2" fret1="4" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" />
  </chordTemplates>
  <notes count="2">
    <note time="6" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.5" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
    <note time="6" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.5" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
  </notes>
  <chords count="4">
    <chord time="3.5" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
       <chordNote time="3.5" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
       <chordNote time="3.5" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
    </chord>
    <chord time="4.125" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
       <chordNote time="4.125" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
       <chordNote time="4.125" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
    </chord>
    <chord time="4.75" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="3" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
       <chordNote time="4.75" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
       <chordNote time="4.75" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
    </chord>
    <chord time="5.375" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="3" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
       <chordNote time="5.375" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
       <chordNote time="5.375" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />
    </chord>
    </chords>
    <anchors count="2">
       <anchor time="3.5" fret="2" width="4" />
       <anchor time="4.125" fret="2" width="4" />
    </anchors>
    <handShapes count="2">
       <handShape chordId="0" endTime="4" startTime="3.5" />
       <handShape chordId="1" endTime="6.5" startTime="4.125" />
    </handShapes>

One thing that surprises me from the last example I posted in Post 1382 a couple of posts ago, is how the abbreviated 3-string chord inside the handshape appears as a repeat line despite it being different than all it's adjacent full 6 string chords.... is it a bug or did I have to put ghost handshape status?

The other thing I haven't mastered yet is why, if the code above makes reference to chordid's 0,1,3 why are there 6 chord templates? I openned a new project. Nothing else resides in it.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Click and drag - my bad, wrong again :D

Drinking and customing don't mix, I didn't even realise that the new white marker wasn't turning red.  Because my mouse was closer to it than the previous red marker I presumed I was effecting it, but in reality I was just moving the previous red marker.

Sorry :(

@@Berneer - thanks for the pics.  I had a hunch high density just meant repeater boxes, but I was struggling to get my heard around why repeat boxes are "high" density (and proper chord boxes are "low" density), but its just how the game calls it.

I'll have a mess around myself with handshape boxes soon enough too.

@@Berneer,

I have a similar sequence which works in the custom I am making.

As in your example, the first occurence of the repeated chord is not the starting one of my handshape phrase.

By chance, this is a result of the resnap function I have used on the starting chord of the handShape phrase (as EOF automatically add new notes at the beginning of the HandShape phrase when existing ones are moved)

I will try to investigate more this day to understand the mechanics inside ...

Thank you

Had a quick mess around and it seems we are getting chord boxes (when required) at the start of handshape phrases now.  Jeese I'm so far behind :(

Got a complex looking picking part to work on later, lets see how far I can push it :D

If anyone is interested here are some files to easily make a minute of silence custom for testing things out

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyUGFmZjY0NGZyUFk/view?usp=sharing

I am sure you can all manage without it, but I made them for myself and thought it might be handy for people to mess around with.  Make what you want in EoF then quickly build and test using the files.

Sorry for my questions about handshape phrases and repeated chord boxes, I was using the previous release of EOF (12-2-2015)  :huh:

Nevertheless, the following requests are still valid :

- HandShape phrase need to be adjusted when its starting note is resnaped

- RS2 XML export generates a lot of similar chordTemplates (majority of them are never referenced by a "chordId" attribute)

- "Precise select like" doesn't make the difference between chords with ghost notes and the same chords without ghost notes

Thank you

- HandShape phrase need to be adjusted when its starting note is resnaped

I might eventually work on this, but I can't guarantee it will be immediate. At this point, no phrase types (handshapes, lyrics or otherwise) get moved automatically unless changing the first beat's position.

- RS2 XML export generates a lot of similar chordTemplates (majority of them are never referenced by a "chordId" attribute)

I'll look into this. Chords inside of handshape phrases seem to each export with a chord template, even when they aren't unique. If you find any other specific conditions that cause this, let me know.

- "Precise select like" doesn't make the difference between chords with ghost notes and the same chords without ghost notes

This is something I should probably fix sooner rather than later.

If you are going to look at precise select like, can there be a difference between notes with sustain and those with none?

In the interest in not making that selection function too picky, I'd prefer to add deselect functions allowing notes to be deselected for being shorter/longer than a specified number of milliseconds (notes without sustain are 1ms long).
  • Like 2

Hi raynebc,

I've had a problem with build 12-11-2015: my mouse has become less responsive and jumpy when using EOF.  I tried to adjust the DPI and reporting settings on my mouse, as they gave me trouble when I was first learning to chart, but it had no effect; this is the first time it has reoccurred since.  I reinstalled 12-2-2015 and the issue went away.

Please let me know if you need more information, or if there is some way I can be of assistance with this,

Regards,

Tysylio

Please disregard, I did something stoopid...   :wacko:

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

@@raynebc

I was working on something with some chord slides, and noticed that with a

3\2

5\4

slides, the slide from the first chord imported as a slide down to the 4th fret. This caused an error upon saving, as the end fret is higher than the starting fret.

This is easy enough to fix for me in this case, but it seems like the logic for the slides is doing the "lowest fret" method as desired, but when deciding on the target fret it still seems to be using the "lowest string" method. Would it be much trouble to make these consistent?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I finally think I got the chordnote combining logic going. This:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/chordnote%20linknext%20combination_zpsidm6aup0.jpg

will now export like this:

<note time="0.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="1" harmonic="0" hopo="1" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.750" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="1" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="1" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="1.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
The notes on the D string are all combined into the one chordnote. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for this feature.
  • Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-24-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved fixup logic so that the base chords for arpeggios that are less than 10ms away from a chord are created correctly.

*Improved the usage of the time stretch option to be remembered.

*Added an "Offer to auto complete fingering" preference allowing this feature to be disabled.

*Updated RS2 export to write a "TS:#/#" event for each beat that has a time signature defined. RS import will now import these time signature changes if they are present and the "Import/Export TS" preference is enabled.

*Improved "Precise select like" to also compare notes' ghost gems.

*Fixed a GP import bug where the wrong end of slide fret value could be set on chord slides.

*Improved RS2 export to be able to combine chordnotes with linked single notes or chords to allow for cleaner display in-game. The chordnote and the linked note must use the same fret number and techniques for this combination to occur.

• Like 5

Thanks so much Raynebc. I'm out of the country for a few days. Will test the HOPO on select strings of a chord when I get back. Looks like you got the ideal solution working. Kudos!!

Happy Holiday raynebc et al.