Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@albatross213 I'll have to look at that some more in the near future. If I remember correctly, Guitar Pro considers a time signature change to take effect even if it's on a measure being skipped due to being in a different alternate ending or something.

@PC Plum Unpitched slides interpret the ending fret the same as they do for pitched slides. I tested and couldn't find export behavior indicating otherwise.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (12-11-2015) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:

*Improved RS2 export so that the base chord of a handshape phrase can have all gems ghosted and still export.

*Improved the new chart wizard so that if an OGG file is selected as the chart audio, it will read the year if it is stored in the "DATE" vorbis comment (some audio editors like Audacity store the year information this way).

*Improved RS import to handle fully palm-muted chords.

*Changed RS2 export so that if a chord is inside a handshape phrase and is also marked as crazy, it will export as single notes as well as a chord.

*Changed RS2 export of bass tracks so that if all used strings have the same tuning offset (ie -1 half steps from standard), that tuning offset is written for unused strings instead of writing them as 0.

• Like 6

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (12-11-2015) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:

*Improved RS2 export so that the base chord of a handshape phrase can have all gems ghosted and still export.

*Improved the new chart wizard so that if an OGG file is selected as the chart audio, it will read the year if it is stored in the "DATE" vorbis comment (some audio editors like Audacity store the year information this way).

*Improved RS import to handle fully palm-muted chords.

*Changed RS2 export so that if a chord is inside a handshape phrase and is also marked as crazy, it will export as single notes instead of a chord.

*Changed RS2 export of bass tracks so that if all used strings have the same tuning offset (ie -1 half steps from standard), that tuning offset is written for unused strings instead of writing them as 0.

Am i the only one having issues with the download link? :(

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

@@SmellsLikeMonkey - Just checked it out and it downloads fine, but when I try to open it with 7zip it says it can't open it as an archive or that it's invalid. @@raynebc, can you open the zip on your end?

• Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@SmellsLikeMonkey - Just checked it out and it downloads fine, but when I try to open it with 7zip it says it can't open it as an archive or that it's invalid. @@raynebc, can you open the zip on your end?

That's what is happening to me. I expressed myself wrong :P

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

There is a problem with the download link, I thought it was the pc I was on so I didn't say anything.

When I click on it I get a message about a server and file being unreadable from my temp folder.  Never seen anything like it before.

However, when I right clicked and saved link as it worked fine.  I used Winrar to unpack the download and I've just made a custom using the new EoF.

Which is really why I'm posting, wanted to say thanks for implementing the handshape copy/paste :clap:

Really saves a lot of hassle :D

• Like 1

@@PC Plum - Just did as you suggested and it downloaded a working .zip archive of the right size (~2MB, while the other one was 44KB) and with the right files. Weird.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Having some problems with the midi tones for palm mutes and harmonics

eof_midi_synth_instrument_guitar_muted = 28
eof_midi_synth_instrument_guitar_harm = 28

since this was added to the ini and i have midi tones on, those two midi tones get stuck in an endless loop when they are played from EOF. Even after i disable midi tones using the key shortcut they still stay on without fading out. midi 28 fads out fine.

I than have to minimize the EOF window and maximize it back to have those two midi sounds stopped playing.

I changed both midi sounds in the ini back to 28 with the default guitar playing and that works fine now. It might be just a problem with the midi player of my soundcard after all.

Having some problems with the midi tones for palm mutes and harmonics

eof_midi_synth_instrument_guitar_muted = 28

eof_midi_synth_instrument_guitar_harm = 28

since this was added to the ini and i have midi tones on, those two midi tones get stuck in an endless loop when they are played from EOF. Even after i disable midi tones using the key shortcut they still stay on without fading out. midi 28 fads out fine.

I than have to minimize the EOF window and maximize it back to have those two midi sounds stopped playing.

I changed both midi sounds in the ini back to 28 with the default guitar playing and that works fine now. It might be just a problem with the midi player of my soundcard after all.

Some tones will work better or less, and some don't fade out at all, depending on the software/hardware synth in use.  I'd tried to improve this in the past but didn't get anywhere.

Hi all, thanks for your awesome website and help for us all learning guitar through Locksmith 2014 cdlc.

Basically, I'm on mac.

I downloaded EOF and the utilities package. I installed the utilities for mp3 and ogg compatibility, but when i launch EOF, it still says theres no compatibility. 

I cant even work out how to use EOF to open up my mp3 or ogg file (I've converted mp3s to ogg in audacity to try that but still no luck, any ideas?)

Im on Yosemite, 10.10.3

Basically, I'm on mac.

I downloaded EOF and the utilities package. I installed the utilities for mp3 and ogg compatibility, but when i launch EOF, it still says theres no compatibility. 

I cant even work out how to use EOF to open up my mp3 or ogg file (I've converted mp3s to ogg in audacity to try that but still no luck, any ideas?)

Im on Yosemite, 10.10.3

What EOF version are you using, & what's the exact error message you're getting? The ogg libraries should be bundled into the EOF package...

hi all, thanks for your replies. Ive managed to get it working now, i was having trouble figuring out how to load an ogg file, it was my own fault, not the software. Now I'm stuck creating the .wem file in wwise.

Hoping theres a forum section for that! 

:) 

thanks again!

hi all, thanks for your replies. Ive managed to get it working now, i was having trouble figuring out how to load an ogg file, it was my own fault, not the software. Now I'm stuck creating the .wem file in wwise.

Hoping theres a forum section for that! 

:)

thanks again!

You don't have to create the .wem file yourself anymore; the updated toolkit (not older versions) will create for you.  You still have to have wwise installed correctly.

i get the impression ( though i am a noob and maybe wrong) that i need an older version of wise installed for this stop work.. is it right? i currently have the latest version of mac installed. But it isn't in my applications folder, i don't know where it is on my mac but i have it open now. I'm currently downloading an older build from 2014 to see if that works...

@@klang, sorry to tell you that as for MAC we fail to develop\test thing about wwise, I can use ffmpeg to replace OggCut\OggEnc tools, but wwise logic and default folders is mystery for me so it won't work for MAC for a log time(till I get one myself :P)