Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (11-28-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug with FHP generation where the first position placed after an arpeggio/handshape phrase could be incorrect.

*Fixed a bug where clicking and dragging a beat could corrupt the tempo map when the accurate TS preference was enabled.

*Fixed a bug where erasing the vocal track wouldn't remove the lyric preview and could cause a crash.

*Improved paste logic so that if the paste overlaps the end of the project and beats have to be added to perform the paste, the measure numbering is updated immediately.

*Fixed a bug where SHIFT+click couldn't select a range of notes if the previous note that was selected was at 0 seconds.

*Improved paste logic so that arpeggio and handshape phrases are created as appropriate if the copied notes still have those phrases authored during paste.

This does change the clipboard format, so make sure not to use paste until you perform a new copy operation or the paste will malfunction.

• Like 6

Thanks for the hotfix! What will happen with the compatibility between ghost handshapes and dynamic difficulty?

I am working on it, but I have also a lot of work in my real life  :huh:

I am going to add new other features in DDC (v2.8) like the support of several single notes on the same time position (like a chord but without the chord box).

dreddfoxx has used this feature for his CDLC "Danzig - She Rides".

About the "ghost handshapes" feature, I am a bit stuck because the way EOF generates it is not compatible with DDC logic and seems to generate display glitches with ghost open notes ...

The official way seems to use some overlaped handShapes to manage this, but it needs more testing to be sure the Toolkit let us generate it ...

@@raynebc, in the following file, you have a good example of how the official way manages it (handShape with chordId 0 overlaps handShapes with chordIds 3 and 8) ...

So this is a work in progress 

Thank you for your patience

• Like 4

Thanks for the hotfix! What will happen with the compatibility between ghost handshapes and dynamic difficulty?

I am working on it, but I have also a lot of work in my real life  :huh:

I am going to add new other features in DDC (v2.8) like the support of several single notes on the same time position (like a chord but without the chord box).

dreddfoxx has used this feature for his CDLC "Danzig - She Rides".

About the "ghost handshapes" feature, I am a bit stuck because the way EOF generates it is not compatible with DDC logic and seems to generate display glitches with ghost open notes ...

The official way seems to use some overlaped handShapes to manage this, but it needs more testing to be sure the Toolkit let us generate it ...

@@raynebc, in the following file, you have a good example of how the official way manages it (handShape with chordId 0 overlaps handShapes with chordIds 3 and 8) ...

So this is a work in progress 

Thank you for your patience

About the single notes on the same time position without the chord box, in previous version of EOF, if a handshape contained chords, it will be show up exactly how you say, but now the new version just show an empty box.

What i like about the ghost handshape is that if you have to strum the notes on the same time, you can see the box containing the notes (even you can eliminate the chord name to show only the half of the box to make it clearer). If the strumming is "rasgueado" you can avoid the use of ghost handshape and use only the handshape with really close notes (like the official cdlc "Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder").

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

The ongoing handshape display glitch thread doesn't seem to be related to the ghost handshape mechanism, but the handshape mechanism in general. At this point, my grasp on this is that it's only a problem displaying open notes inside the handshape?

I'm still not a hundred percent clear on what the purpose of overlapping handshapes is for. Is this needed in order to have chords inside of a handshape/arpeggio? Or for having fretted/open gems inside a handshape that aren't used in the handshape's base chord?

About the single notes on the same time position without the chord box, in previous version of EOF, if a handshape contained chords, it will be show up exactly how you say, but now the new version just show an empty box.

That's a chord being written inside the handshape tag. Even though it's just a repeat box, the fingering at the bottom of the screen should reflect how that inside chord is played. I'd asked around a couple times about whether EOF should write these as both a chord and single notes so it appears like a repeat box with gems, but hadn't gotten any feedback. Arpeggio phrases would still break up chords into single notes.

That's a chord being written inside the handshape tag. Even though it's just a repeat box, the fingering at the bottom of the screen should reflect how that inside chord is played. I'd asked around a couple times about whether EOF should write these as both a chord and single notes so it appears like a repeat box with gems, but hadn't gotten any feedback. Arpeggio phrases would still break up chords into single notes.

I'm really happy with the last hotfix, now i can do everything with handshapes (i don't like arpeggios so i don't use it). I only want to comment that what Chlipouni is trying to do with the single notes at the same time can be done with previous version of EOF (but not now with the empty boxes)

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Some people consider the repeat line to be important to indicate that multiple notes are to be played at the same time, otherwise having single notes all over the place makes it harder to see when they start. If I made the change I suggested, it would show up as the single notes on top of the repeat box and it would probably be a good compromise to satisfy most people. Let me know what you think, guys.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Can't the crazy status make those note appear already?

I'm really pleased with the way handshape are working right now and i don't see any reason to change as we already have all the tool to make it display as we wish (minus the bug which i'm sure will be corrected soon enough :D )

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Hi !

About the single notes at the same time position :

- Two or more single notes can coexist at the same time position in the "notes" node.

- At this same time position, a handShape references a chordTemplate which sets the name and the finger positions of this special chord.

- There is no chord at this time position in the "chords" node.

It is like a chord, but without the chord box.

A way to generate this with EOF should be something like the crazy status on a chord ...

About the display glitch, I encountered it at the beginning of the development of DDC when I used the same chordTemplate for different levels of difficulty.

It seems to appear when the quantity of chordNotes inside a chord is not the same as the chordTemplate fret positions.

That's why DDC creates specific chordTemplates for each level of difficulty.

Thank you

Can't the crazy status make those note appear already?

The crazy status has no effect inside a manually defined handshape phrase. I think it could make sense for me to change it so that if a chord inside a handshape is marked as crazy, it would export as both the chord repeat and single notes on top of that repeat. This way crazy status behaves similarly to how it does outside of handshape phrases by causing that inside chord to look like a chord pane. Is this worth pursuing?

About the display glitch, I encountered it at the beginning of the development of DDC when I used the same chordTemplate for different levels of difficulty.

It seems to appear when the quantity of chordNotes inside a chord is not the same as the chordTemplate fret positions.

That's why DDC creates specific chordTemplates for each level of difficulty.

This would be a considerable change to how EOF exports XML, I'll have to think about this for a bit. Right now, the existing logic seems to work fine with arpeggios (base chord's template can define notes that the chordnotes don't define) and no graphical glitches.

Edit: The simplest change for me to make might be that no chord tag ever refers to a chord template that reflects the presence of ghost gems (those can be used for handshape tags). Does this sound like the right approach?

Edit: The simplest change for me to make might be that no chord tag ever refers to a chord template that reflects the presence of ghost gems (those can be used for handshape tags). Does this sound like the right approach?

That may solve the displaying issue.

I think that's why official CDLCs use overlapped handShapes :

- the global handShape defines the hand positions and the railway length (it has its own chordTemplate and this chordTemplate is never referenced by a chord)

- the embedded handShapes are used for each distinct chord inside the sequence (with notes consistency between the "chordNotes" and the "chordTemplate")

It would be nice to find a solution without having to implement the overlapped handShapes  ;)

it would be nice to find a solution without having to implement 

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (11-29-2015) is in the first post. This changes RS2 export so that chord tags for the base chords of arpeggio and handshape phrases export using a chord template variation that omits ghost notes. This is in attempt to avoid graphical errors that were seen to occur for handshape phrases whose base chords had ghost notes.

I'm going to go ahead and implement the change I proposed so that crazy chords inside handshapes export as both a chord and single notes, so they look like full chord panes.

• Like 2

Of the last hotfix, or the most recent hotfix? What is the error, and can you provide the corresponding XML file to that error? If you skip DDC and use EOF's own XML files with the toolkit, are any errors given?

The most recent (11-29-2015). Here is the XML file. I have the same problem with the psarc file

80C651DEE.png

Well, what's the exact error given with that XML file?

The error is relative to a "chordId" mismatch between a chord and its handShape.

In v2.7, DDC needs to keep this consistency to work correctly...

@@SmellsLikeMonkey, can you generate this CDLC without DD inside ?

If it works without DD, can you share the generated psarc file ?

Thank you

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (11-29-2015) is in the first post. This changes RS2 export so that chord tags for the base chords of arpeggio and handshape phrases export using a chord template variation that omits ghost notes. This is in attempt to avoid graphical errors that were seen to occur for handshape phrases whose base chords had ghost notes.

I'm going to go ahead and implement the change I proposed so that crazy chords inside handshapes export as both a chord and single notes, so they look like full chord panes.

@@raynebc,

You should not have to change the behaviour for arpeggios, because in this specific case there is no chord.

Arpeggios are made with a handShape and only single notes.

So, there is no risk to have a chordId mismatch between the chord and its handShape !

Thank you

The error is relative to a "chordId" mismatch between a chord and its handShape.

Let me know if it turns out to be a problem with EOF, and I'd get it fixed ASAP.

You should not have to change the behaviour for arpeggios, because in this specific case there is no chord.

Arpeggios are made with a handShape and only single notes.

Internally, EOF treats handshapes as a special type of arpeggio phrase, so this was just the easiest way for me to implement it. I am seeing a bug with the new logic where an arpeggio's or handshape's base chord can export with duplicate single notes though (if the base chord only has one non ghosted gem), so I'll have to fix that.

Edit:  I think I've got that bug fixed.

@@raynebc,

Let me know if it turns out to be a problem with EOF, and I'd get it fixed ASAP.

I have updated DDC logic, to allow the "chordId" mismatch between a chord and its handShape.

I need to test it more deeply before publishing it.

I am looking for a CDLC which uses these new handShape features ...

Well, what's the exact error given with that XML file?

@@SmellsLikeMonkey, can you generate this CDLC without DD inside ?

If it works without DD, can you share the generated psarc file ?

Thank you

Here is the psarc file. It has lead, rhythm and bass guitar (the three XML files have arpeggios) and vocals. Works perfectly well without DD

80C651DEE.png

Hey guys,

I think I'm having the same problem.  Whenever I use the handshape or arpeggio function the DD Creator fails.  If I remove the handshapes / arpeggio from the chart, the DDC is successful.

This is the error I get:

DDC%20Error%20Handshape%20or%20Arpeggio.

Here is my project folder.

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

Hey guys,

I think I'm having the same problem.  Whenever I use the handshape or arpeggio function the DD Creator fails.  If I remove the handshapes / arpeggio from the chart, the DDC is successful.

raynebc has identified the problem, it is about some duplicate singles notes in the XML file.

• Like 1