Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@raynebc, Is it possible to add behavior to PianoRoll controls so within shift or control key adding new note with RMB it will add notes to selection? I'd like to do so cuz I can easily do Ctrl+FretNumber to set sibling notes at once instead of selecting 'em again?

@@raynebc, I'd like to bind it to control to manually control what notes add to selection or in other words enable\disable thi by pressing control\shift'\alt(well it could be check if it's 'rmb' and 'shift' than add note to selection than we can skip note from selection using 'shift+alt' etc, not permanent enable\disable)

I like some hotkeys from PS (graphics editor). or point me to this controls thingy where I can bing actions to keys, pls *O*

SHIFT+right click has the defined behavior of creating the new note to be 1ms long. I don't use ALT for keyboard shortcuts that don't involve the menu because the menu code is designed in a way where doing so is complicated and I never got it to work for shortcuts. Using CTRL to disable adding the new note to the selection probably wouldn't be hard to do, but it likely would only work on the input modes that use the mouse button to add a gem. Let me know if that will do the trick.

To define/change keyboard shortcuts, search the code for where the value of eof_key_code and eof_key_char is checked.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-2-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a warning during save if any errors with a slide's end fret number are found.

*Fixed a bug where shortening a note could allow it to result in a negative length.

*Added logic so that a ghwt.array.txt file is written during project save if FoF/Phase Shift export is enabled. This file contains times and codes used to try to create drum animations for Guitar Hero World Tour charts.

*Fixed the handling of tie notes that overlap normal notes in GP import.

*Added a "Note>Rocksmith>Remove FHPs" function that deletes all fret hand positions between the positions of the first and last selected notes in the active track.

• Like 4

@@raynebc - Just wanted to say thanks again for the Remove FHPs function. Definitely has helped a lot for making some of my recent CDLC!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-16-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added the ability to author accent drum note status using the Note>Drum>Accent submenus, for use in Guitar Hero World Tour authoring.

*Added a new GHWT related MIDI file that is created during save that can be converted to .chart format by importing into Feedback and then loaded with Buldy's GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110650) to create customs with GHWT features such as forced HOPO notes, open bass notes, lane 5 toms and accent drum notes.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-17-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved GHWT MIDI export by padding lane 5 tom drum lengths and HOPO marker lengths to 1/16 measure to make them easier to see once imported into Feedback.

*Changed the accent drum status to be track-wide to reflect how it is used in Buldy's GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool.

*Fixed bugs where accent status was not kept when notes were pasted or auto-adjusted.

*Added handling to GP import so that EOF wouldn't crash when parsing on-beat grace notes that are attached to invalid tie notes (ie. those that don't come after any other notes on the string).

*Fixed a bug with GP import where the beat timings weren't adjusted to reflect imported time signature changes before the note timings were calculated.

*Added more codes to the GHWT drum animation file.

*Adds special triplet feel handling to GP import to account for dotted notes that combine with the next note to create triplet feel timing.

When you will add the function that makes the chords that are inside of an arpeggio zone can be shown it in its boxes? I mean, that would be a very nice update for EOF instead adding functions for guitar hero

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I think arpeggios with slides aren't importing correctly.

The tab of what I'm trying to import:

http://i.imgur.com/osWcCPx.png

The result after importing (and reducing sustain length somewhat. The ones at the beginning of the measures don't have the sustains carrying through, but the mid-measure ones do.)

http://i.imgur.com/oHeXP1Z.png

I also had something on another track where a slide down from one note on a string that didn't get used for a while resulted in a long, slow slide that sustained over everything else between that note and the next on that string. Pretty easy to fix, but way off what was intended in the tab. I can try and get screenshots for that if you'd like.

On a more general note, I feel like the business with importing the arpeggios and other overlapping notes more accurately, while useful in some instances, more often than not creates more work for me than the way imports were done previously. Some of this may be due to my views on sustains overlapping other notes (while official DLCs do it frequently, most of the time I feel it hurts the legibility of the tab, so I'd rather leave it to the player to put the sustains in themselves rather than beating them over the head with every note sustaining for the "true" length while leaving an unreadable tab [compare reading the tab in the image I link vs. reading the sheet music!]), though. I might revert EoF versions for the old import logic.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

When you will add the function that makes the chords that are inside of an arpeggio zone can be shown it in its boxes? I mean, that would be a very nice update for EOF instead adding functions for guitar hero

Possibly soon, although I'd have to look at the previous discussion about it as I think it had been mostly decided that chords within handshape tags would be the goal instead of chords within arpeggios? EOF isn't limited to just Rocksmith authoring and has existed much longer.

I think arpeggios with slides aren't importing correctly.

The tab of what I'm trying to import:

http://i.imgur.com/osWcCPx.png

This is extremely specific, it probably would take too long to get EOF to account for every different way things can be authored in Guitar Pro. As long as most everything can be imported fairly accurately, and the minority of things that aren't can be fixed in-editor relatively easily, that's the most realistic goal I can aim for.

I also had something on another track where a slide down from one note on a string that didn't get used for a while resulted in a long, slow slide that sustained over everything else between that note and the next on that string. Pretty easy to fix, but way off what was intended in the tab. I can try and get screenshots for that if you'd like.

The only time this would be expected behavior is if the slide out note in question had a long sustain (ie. tie notes followed it instead of rest notes). If this isn't the case, please send me a GP5 file that causes this in EOF.

Possibly soon, although I'd have to look at the previous discussion about it as I think it had been mostly decided that chords within handshape tags would be the goal instead of chords within arpeggios? EOF isn't limited to just Rocksmith authoring and has existed much longer.

The solution is a function similar to "crazy note" that mark a chord and show it always inside a box. By doing this in this way anyone can choose between get or not the chord inside the box. The function has to make this in the XML file (an user explain me):

You'd have to create a handshape for the first two notes.  Create a 244xxx power chord after the first two notes and in the N key menu make it a ghost chord.  Using the first two notes and the ghost chord press CTRL+SHIFT+H to create a handshape.  Do the same thing to the next set of individual notes (like in the picture)

http://i.imgur.com/MlBEJPl.png

You can stop at this point you'll get your chord box, but it won't have the right finger information in it.

Next is the tricky part.  You'd have to open the PART REAL_GUITAR_22_RS2.xml file and scroll down to the bottom.  You'll see a bunch of handshapes written that look like this:

<handShape chordId="2" endTime="17.983" startTime="17.319"/>

<handShape chordId="4" endTime="18.649" startTime="17.986"/>

<handShape chordId="2" endTime="19.316" startTime="18.652"/>

<handShape chordId="4" endTime="19.986" startTime="19.319"/>

You'd have to find where the x44xxx chords are in the chart (in this case the chords are at 17.986 seconds and 19.319 seconds) and change the chord ID to that of the previous 244xxx chords.  The new set of handshapes will look like this:

<handShape chordId="2" endTime="17.983" startTime="17.319"/>

<handShape chordId="2" endTime="18.649" startTime="17.986"/>

<handShape chordId="2" endTime="19.316" startTime="18.652"/>

<handShape chordId="2" endTime="19.986" startTime="19.319"/>

And this is what it will look like:

http://i.imgur.com/1sSljQk.gif

Even though there are four seperate handshapes, because they are the same chordID and there is no space in between them, it will appear to be one long handshape.

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-24-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a new "Ghost handshape" mechanism accessible in the "Edit pro guitar note" dialog that affects causes a chord with ghosted and non-ghosted gems to export to RS2 XML so that its handshape tag reflects all its gems including ghost ones while the chord only reflects non-ghosted gems.

*Fixed a bug with RS1 export where if a note had only one non-ghosted gem and at least one ghosted gem, it would incorrectly export with a handshape tag.

*Improved Rocksmith exports so that if two otherwise identical chords have different names, they will use different chord templates as appropriate so they show each up with the correct defined names in-game.

This post describes how the ghost handshape mechanism works:

http://customsforge.com/topic/22596-handshapearpeggio-for-multiple-notes-at-a-time/page-2?do=findComment&comment=183033

giulianolanz's example should be able to be authored like this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/complex%20arpeggiation%20ghost%20handshape%20example_zpsgormnqkk.jpg

And it exports like this:

<chordTemplate chordName="F#5" displayName="F#5" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="4" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="2" fret1="4" fret2="4" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
    <chordTemplate chordName="F#5" displayName="F#5" finger0="1" finger1="3" finger2="4" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="2" fret1="4" fret2="4" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
    <chordTemplate chordName="F#5" displayName="F#5" finger0="-1" finger1="3" finger2="4" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="-1" fret1="4" fret2="4" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
        <note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="1.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="2.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="2.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="4" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="2.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="2.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="4" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <handShape chordId="0" endTime="1.495" startTime="1.000"/>
        <handShape chordId="3" endTime="1.997" startTime="1.500"/>
        <handShape chordId="0" endTime="2.496" startTime="2.000"/>
        <handShape chordId="3" endTime="3.000" startTime="2.500"/>
The chords in this example all have the same fingering manually defined to ensure they achieve the desired effect. The reason I still had to use handshape phrases for the single notes is because EOF won't export handshape tags for anything that isn't fully a chord by itself (at least two non-ghosted gems). So the handshape phrases extend up to the double stops, which use the new "ghost handshape" mechanism to declare that it only exports to XML with a chord tag reflecting the double stop (and ignoring the ghost note on the E string) and with a handshape tag reflecting the fully authored power chord (including the ghost note). Since the handshapes used in the final XML have matching fingering, it should appear like that chord shape is being held on-screen through the entire passage.

EOF's a bit frivolous with that many chord templates, but it's just the way EOF's complicated export works right now and it shouldn't cause any problems in-game. There's a bug I want to fix where I had to manually shorten the handshape phrases (turn grid snap off and use CTRL+SHIFT+scroll or [ ] to change note lengths in 1ms increments) so they don't extend all the way up to the next chord or else it would force that next chord to have crazy status and export as single notes instead of a chord.

Edit: I can't reproduce the crazy status issue again, I'm going to keep testing.

Edit 2: It looks like it's an issue involving shortening a note by a grid snap length isn't working quite right.

• Like 4

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-28-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug introduced in the b6b5ac1126c05683f0867ca45876875e74322f39 commit that prevents shortening notes by a grid snap value from working correctly. Shortening by grid snap also will no longer mark the chart as modified if none of the selected notes are longer than 1ms.

*Changed the behavior of handshape phrases so that they no longer force notes to have crazy status and no longer force chords to export as single notes.

*Changed RS2 export so that chords after the beginning of a handshape phrase will not automatically export with a name.

Hopefully this fixes up just about all the changes people wanted for handshape phrases.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-29-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where the note selection would change unexpectedly when performing tasks like changing the grid snap size or using undo/redo.

*Improved the note lengthen function so that if the change is blocked, due to the enforced minimum distance between notes that don't have crazy status, the chart isn't marked as modified.

*Changed the forced HO/PO functions to allow them to be used on open strum notes, for use with GHWT authoring. These statuses will NOT export to the FoF/Phase Shift related MIDI files because they do not support it.

*Altered RS1 and RS2 exports to filter out various punctuation characters from lyrics and phrase names that are suspected of causing the game to crash.

• Like 2

I'm having troubles with the handshapes and ghost handshape functions. Now any chord inside a handshape mark doesn't show its gems (just the box). When i use the ghost handshape with a chord that is just at the end of a handshape mark sometimes it doesn't show up (just the box).

I don't know, but also in EOF the chords have names differents than in RS. How is that possible? Maybe that's the problem?

80C651DEE.png

It was previously indicated that the chord tag and included chordnote subtags were enough to have chords inside handshape tags display as repeat lines with gems in-game. If others can test to see if this is really the case, I'll make changes if necessary.

If a ghost handshape chord isn't at the extreme end of a handshape phrase, it may actually be inside it. Best to shorten the handshape a little and give it another try.

In what way are the chord names displaying differently?