Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Looks like you might have an issue with handshapes somewhere, the XMLs are failing to load or compile in the toolkit and it looks like this may be the cause: A closing handshape bracket is added before each handshape in the arrangement.

</handShapes>
      <handShapes count="13">
        <handShape chordId="9" endTime="132.694" startTime="124.922"/>
        <handShape chordId="4" endTime="137.249" startTime="133.497"/>
        <handShape chordId="5" endTime="141.803" startTime="137.784"/>
        ... etc ...
      </handShapes>

This is being added to all charts, even ones without manually placed handshapes. Manually editing the XML and deleting the bracket seems to do the trick and the track will compile but the project hangs Rocksmith when I try to test it.

I'd do more testing to see if the hanging problem is exclusive to the one chart or not but I've gotta get some sleep.

I'm playing around with the latest hotfix. My lead guitar part will now compile without errors, but my rhythm and bass charts still fail. The XML errors point to a handshape bracket in each chart that end with a /, though neither of the chart have handshapes charted.

The error'd ones never contain any information either:

<handShapes count="0"/>
</handShapes>

I'm guessing that / shouldn't be there on the first line.

A few side comments:

I noticed in my project that if a handshape crosses the boundary of a phrase then in-game the handshape will cut-off when that phrase starts.

Would it be possible to set a handshape with just a single note? I'm still throwing in ghost notes for the section where the handshape changes for one note before moving.

The XML errors point to a handshape bracket in each chart that end with a /, though neither of the chart have handshapes charted.

I'll get that corrected for real with the next hotfix.

I noticed in my project that if a handshape crosses the boundary of a phrase then in-game the handshape will cut-off when that phrase starts.

If this is a limitation with Rocksmith, authors may just need to be aware of it and re-author the handshape at the beginning of each phrase that interrupts it?

Would it be possible to set a handshape with just a single note? I'm still throwing in ghost notes for the section where the handshape changes for one note before moving.

I don't know how this would be useful, in-game I'm under the impression that it has to be associated with a chord of some kind. EOF is designed that way too, and short of EOF automatically throwing in ghost notes to automatically force the use of notes on more than one string in a handshape there's probably not a clean way for me to design such a change.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1428) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a Bandfuse color set, which uses color to indicate the fingering (open string = purple, index = green, middle = red, ring = yellow, pinky = blue, thumb = orange). If a note's fingering isn't defined, EOF will guess based on any fret hand position in effect, otherwise if no suitable fingering is determined, the note is drawn in white.

*Fixed another RS export bug from the last hotfix where if an arrangement had no handshapes (ie. no chords) then an extra closing handShapes tag would be written.

• Like 1

This is the expected behaviour in Rocksmith (and not a limitation).

As difficulty level of phrases can evolve differently, a phrase can't depend on events of the previous one (like linknext status, handshapes, ...)  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks.

The latest hotfix (r1432) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added functions to Note>Drum to mark yellow, blue or green cymbal notes as being both cymbals and toms simultaneously, for future use in Phase Shift. Such cymbal notes will render as having a black hole in the middle.

*Fixed a bug where if the "3D render bass drum in a lane" preference was enabled, cymbal notes would 3D render as normal drum notes instead of cymbals.

*Added logic so that if Rocksmith export fails due to chord or handshape errors, EOF will seek to the offending track and position.

*Added a "Ghost notes trigger clap" option to "Song>Audio cues". Ghost notes will no longer trigger the MIDI tones sound cue or export to musical MIDI files.

*Fixed a bug where using "Note>Drum>Mark as non cymbal" wouldn't mark the chart as altered and create an undo state.

*Added logic if RS2 export is enabled so that arpeggio and handshape phrases will automatically add an additional ghost gem at their start position (to form a chord) if they don't contain gems on more than one string. This is required for RS2 export of such phrases to succeed.

*Changed fret hand position generation logic so that a position is generated for the note at the beginning of each arpeggio/handshape phrase, but not for the other notes within those phrases.

Thanks for all the updates.

I created two notes with crazy sustain.  Then I CTRL+SHIFT+H the notes. After saving (and restarting EOF) the sustain length of the first note stops at the second note.

http://i.imgur.com/re2pKi7.png

It's not that crazy sustain doesn't work within handshapes (cause it does here:)

http://i.imgur.com/3VFTix2.png

but it cuts that first note short cause it's a "chord".   Is there a way around this?

If not, no biggie I can just edit the XML it's a pretty rare occurrence.

The issue is that the base chord for the handshape can't overlap any gems in the handshape. Your best bets are to edit the XML or author it so that the handshape begins a little earlier with the base chord defined as ghost notes:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/handshape%20overlap%20note%20workaround_zpsiap43xqp.jpg

- When the same chord appears more than once in a song -

If you try changing the name of a single chord using the N key menu, the new name will not save in the XML UNLESS you select YES to "Update other matching notes in this track to have the same name".

One might think "If it's the same chord, why would you give it different names at different parts of the song?"

Sometimes the chord name overlaps onto the next note on the highway and it's cleaner to remove it in that instance.  You can hide it by giving it a single space for a name.

I noticed that tehre is an alert message regarding no intro section for RS2 Export. I think it is not needed anymore. Because I tried to create a custom with not even one 'intro' section and the custom just work fine so maybe if only RS2 export is selected you can remove this alert message.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

I'd like to get confirmation from multiple people before removing something that had been expected to be a base requirement for an arrangement. Can you verify that section never actually ended up in EOF's XML file? Can anybody else test this out?

Ok so it's a section not an 'intro' section :D

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1434) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug caused by r1431 where the mark arpeggio shortcut (CTRL+SHIFT+G) no longer worked.

*Changed backup logic so that backup copies of the active project use file names ending in .bak.

*Added logic so that when the Bandfuse color set is in use, tapped notes are drawn in black as they are in-game.

*Fixed a bug with "Flatten this difficulty" where the project would not be marked as modified if no notes were changed, but if other items such as fret hand positions were.

*Fixed a bug where arpeggios/handshapes that began with more than one non ghosted gem would cause RS2 export to fail.

• Like 1