Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I know but this is a lot of more work to do. This means go through the whole song and set the fingering for each dead chord. Some song got too many and I would spend like so much time to do so... 

My problem is that previously EoF did this so easily...

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Unless I'm missing something, the behavior was the same in the previous EOF revisions though: Any two chords with different fingerings will export with different chord IDs in different handshape tags. If you can cite a revision number that did not do this, I'll check it out, but otherwise I'm very sure this behavior hasn't changed in a long time.

A long time it is indeed... But I'm sure this was doing like this. My question is why a fret muted hand chod exactly equals to a previous non muted chord doesn't have the same fingering ? I mean your hand want move to play the fret hand muted chord...

So why do fret hand muted chords are not auto fingering like normal chords do ?

Fret hand muted chords don't necessary define any fretting (ie. CTRL+X sets all fret values to undefined, which is how they were authored in Rock Band 3). Also, during chord changes it's a matter of personal preference how to display muted chords (as at the same frets as the earlier chord or at those of the later chord).

That is exactly why I think a box with an X is more easier to read than and actual chord with each note an x. 

If you see a chord with each note an x you will obviousbly try to put your hand to this x notes. I'm pretty sure in all official DLC all chord fret hand muted after the same chord non muted is a box with one x and not all note...

Tell me if I'm wrong. Anyway, is it possible to add this as an option somewhere ? Like when the popup to automatically set the fingering appears have three button : no fingering, auto fingering with dead chord, auto fingering without dead chord ? or another checkbox somewhere ? 

I'd rather just change the RS export so that if a fret hand muted chord has no fingering defined, it will just go into the previous chord's handshape tag (ie. as a repeat) if it uses the same strings. As another workaround you could probably just manually place handshape phrases in the project.

just manually place handshape phrases in the project

That's actually what I was thinking, and to point out its really easy by using Shift+L (selects all identical chords in the arrangement).

Should not take more than 5 mins to put your own fingering on all muted chords really, maybe even 2 mins.

• Like 1

I've been working on the string mute stuff. The next hotfix will allow any fully string muted chord to export with the previous note's handshape as long as the muted chord has no fingering defined at all.

Testing with handshapes did bring up another problem though. Quite a long time ago, logic was added so that if a chord was inside of an arpeggio phrase, it was broken up and exported as single notes. I can't remember if there was any reason for this except to prevent chord boxes inside of the arpeggio phrase. This same logic breaks up chords within handshape phrases so it would prevent the desired effect of making all chords inside (after the beginning) of a handshape phrase display as repeat lines. Should I change it so that it will only split up chords within arpeggio phrases and not within handshape phrases?

Also, maybe I should change it so that notes/chords inside of handshapes aren't forced to have crazy status like they are in arpeggio phrases, since this prevents contained chords from displaying as repeat lines as well.

Should I change it so that it will only split up chords within arpeggio phrases and not within handshape phrases?

Also, maybe I should change it so that notes/chords inside of handshapes aren't forced to have crazy status like they are in arpeggio phrases, since this prevents contained chords from displaying as repeat lines as well.

To the first question: Yes. As seen in this official DLC, chord panes are displayed inside handshape phrases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_fniggOS0

Second question: yes.

Normally chords within a handshape tag would all display as repeat lines since they don't begin at the start of the handshape tag. Am I right to assume that to get the full chord box type of effect within a handshape tag, the chord instance must be written and all of the individual notes in it also have to be written as single notes (ie. how we used to display "chord techniques" in RS1 customs)? Or is there another way to do it?

I think chord should always be mark as chord even if they are in an handshape or an apeggio but this is only my opinion. We should look inside official dlc to see if there is any.

SmellyOrc agreed that it would probably come down to drawing single notes on top of the chord repeat to make it look like a chord box. It will be close, but not entirely the same. I doubt there's any way around that since a full chord box is only known to display at the beginning of a handshape tag and nowhere else within it. I'm leaning toward having all repeated chords within a handshape display as repeat lines by default as this makes the most sense, and people can override that with crazy status if they want.

Mostly just -O2 and a couple specific optimizations the original EOF developer picked out. Nothing Pentium/Intel specific as far as I know, probably just i386 compliant instructions. The builds I post use the "makefile.mingw_memwatch" makefile in EOF's src folder.

Edit: Perhaps "sse1" instructions are enabled by default by GCC, I'd probably have to do some more testing to confirm that.

I think I may have tracked down an issue with the XML export for tone changes. I'm using r1417.

EOF will save tone changes to the XML file in the order that they were added to the track. If these were not added in sequence it will cause the tone changes to fail in Rocksmith. Example from my XML:

<tones count="6">
    <tone time="93.222" name="MetricHelpImAliveChords"/>
    <tone time="125.627" name="MetricHelpImAliveReverb"/>
    <tone time="175.247" name="MetricHelpImAliveChords"/>
    <tone time="207.652" name="MetricHelpImAliveReverb"/>
    <tone time="133.728" name="MetricHelpImAliveOctave"/>
    <tone time="159.044" name="MetricHelpImAliveReverb"/>
  </tones>

Note the last two tone changes are out of order, I added them to the project file last. Manually correcting this in the XML before compiling corrected the tone issue I was encountering. It seems like Rocksmith, or the tool kit, not sure here, would read through them in numeric order  93 - 125 - 133 - 159, and then ignore 175 - 207 and cause those changes to be ignored.

Further testing revealed that there is another fix within EOF too, renaming the tones under Track > Rocksmith > Tone Change > Names seems to cause EOF to re-organize the tones into the proper order once again. Perhaps others are encountering tones that don't work because of this and then 'fix' it by renaming their tones.

Normally chords within a handshape tag would all display as repeat lines since they don't begin at the start of the handshape tag. Am I right to assume that to get the full chord box type of effect within a handshape tag, the chord instance must be written and all of the individual notes in it also have to be written as single notes (ie. how we used to display "chord techniques" in RS1 customs)? Or is there another way to do it?

I think the response is in the latest DLC. I'm not sure but in "On The Road Again" (0m15s) we can see an handshape with chord. am I right ?

I haven't tested it, but I'm assuming the fingering that is displayed is updated for each chord instance. I think the handshape instances are only for the chord names and highlighting.

EOF will save tone changes to the XML file in the order that they were added to the track. If these were not added in sequence it will cause the tone changes to fail in Rocksmith

Further testing revealed that there is another fix within EOF too, renaming the tones under Track > Rocksmith > Tone Change > Names seems to cause EOF to re-organize the tones into the proper order once again. Perhaps others are encountering tones that don't work because of this and then 'fix' it by renaming their tones.

EOF sorts the tone changes at various times, including when listing all tones names like you mentioned. I'll have it sort every time OK is clicked in the add tone dialog as well as before the RS tones are written to XML. Let me know if this problem continues with the next hotfix.

I've noticed an issue.

-Create a chord

-Make one of the notes a ghost note

-Press H for hammer on

-Create a new note somewhere else

The ghosted note will turn into a regular note.  Trying to add the status again won't hold.

It's kind of a weird thing to ask for, but it has it's uses.

That used to be considered conflicting statuses in Rock Band 3 due to certain techniques requiring the MIDI note to use a specific channel number. This was found to not be the case so I'll remove that limitation for the next hotfix.

Edit: That code change goes back about 4.5 years. How time flies.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (r1424) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Changed RS2 export so that if a chord is fully string muted and has no fingering defined, it can export in the preceding chord's handshape tag as a chord repeat line.  The string muted chord is not required to use the same strings in order to export as a repeat line this way.
*Fixed a GP import bug introduced in r1405 that could prevent some techniques from importing.
*Fixed a bug with RS1 and RS2 export where tone changes could be written out of chronological order.
*Fixed problems with the image sequence function where the colors were incorrect and the images didn't reflect the display options in use (ie. full screen 3D).
*Added a "File>Display>Benchmark image sequence" function that tests the render speed of EOF for the current project and display settings, allowing the user to easily check the effectiveness of different customizations or build options.
*Fixed a bug where ghost and hammer on pro guitar statuses weren't allowed to be used on a note simultaneously.
*Fixed a bug where MIDI format exports would malfunction if the chart used any non #/4 time signatures and did NOT use the accurate TS option.
*Improved fretlight MIDI export so that each pro guitar/bass track is written twice, once in normal music format and once in Fretlight format, to allow synth playback of the arrangements in Fretlight M-Player.

• Like 3

Nice I will test this asap ! Even with this hot wave we got here ;)

• Developer

@@raynebc

Regarding @Aquilae issue here ...

I can add a tone time checker and resorting algo to Toolkit if you would prefer.  Let me know if you will add fix in EOF or if you would like me to check and fix in Toolkit.

EDIT:  Looks like you may have already fixed.  "*Fixed a bug with RS1 and RS2 export where tone changes could be written out of chronological order."   Nice.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I try to keep on top of all reported bugs, but my process is pretty informal (post/thread links in a text file) so definitely make sure to bring problems up in this thread if they go unfixed and I never respond to previous mention of them.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1426) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated to Allegro 4.4.2. This version of Allegro reportedly fixes the annoying bug with the Tab key acting like it is held down when ALT+Tabbing EOF back into the foreground, so I removed some workaround logic that coincidentally forces the menu to close if it was open when EOF re-enters the foreground.

*Added a check to the "edit pro guitar note" and "edit frets/fingering" dialogs so that if a fret value provided exceeds the track's fret limit, EOF offers to increase the limit.

*Improved RS2 export of handshape phrases so that they begin and end at the defined timestamps instead of at the first or last notes within the phrases.

*Fixed an RS2 export bug where a handshape phrase that did not have a chord at the beginning of the phrase would not export as a handshape tag.

• Like 1