Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Here my project not exporting well the dead chord 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/75kbrryc1u6zoky/P.EoF.zip

I look inside the xml and indeed every dead chord is highDensity="0" even if the previous chord is the same one.

Thanks ahead

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

In the PART REAL_GUITAR_22 track I'm seeing lots of chords marked with "crazy" status. This will make the affected chords export as low density (chord boxes instead of repeat lines). If this isn't the issue you mentioned, please let me know what parts of what tracks to examine more closely.

You can tell which ones are "crazy" because the black/white coloring of the tab number box on the note is inverted (has a black background and white text). You can toggle this status for selected notes with the T key.

I don't have such thing in my project... Everything is normal no inverted color...

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f0a1/sn9snjz0xn4agfg4g.jpg

I tested only the lead part PART REAL_GUITAR the one i screenshoted. But i just look into PART REAL_GUITAR_22 and i don't see any boxe with black background...

when you import my project do you see any black chord ?

What did i do, i imported my gp file and everything is colored with white boxes. Is there any trouble with the gp import ?

I just tried to import the RS xml file created by EoF and no black background boxes appear...

I didn't import any files, I just opened the EOF project file you gave and the 22 fret guitar track did have lots of chords with crazy status.

The zip file you uploaded didn't contain any Guitar Pro files, so I can't comment on that.

If the 17 fret guitar track (PART REAL_GUITAR) has chords export as chord boxes unexpectedly, I needs specifics like what timestamps this happens at. Near the beginning of this arrangement I'm seeing some double stops with crazy status.

I don't understand why this chord as crazy status. Even this double stop should have this status...

in settings the "apply crazy  to repeated chord separated by a rest" is not checked.

my problem is on all muted chord like you can see at :

and so on

Here the gp file :  http://www.mediafire.com/download/jbsgqg1oombaf28/Jet+-+Are+You+Gonna+Be+My+Girl.gp5

That "Apply crazy to repeated chords separated by a rest" preference isn't on by default so you must have enabled it at some point. I imported the tracks from the Guitar Pro file you linked and the crazy statuses only got applied the way they were in your project file when I turned that preference on.

that's extremely weird because i never checked that option and I imported the same gp file, nothing appears in black background boxes but when i save, all fret hand muted chord are highDensity="0". I just retried like right now...

I will make a video of what I am doing and you will tell me what am I doing wrong. I will be off for a few days so see you next week.

Thanks for your time ! You are amazing !

Ok definitely weird. I always use my first project no new project. Can you test this. Otherwise, I will create a new projet but this is definitely weird...

Ok, I understand you can't reproduce the bug. And i'm sorry of that. I suffered this with another project too.

But since you can't reproduce the problem, I will try to create a new project and see if it works.

Thanks for your time.

About my previous problem. made a video of my process can you confirm I do nothing wrong and EoF should not export the fret hand muted chord as highDensity="0" ?

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/lt74ma101tvjb37/2015-06-22_11h02_18.mp4

When you let EOF automatically add fingerings for chords, the fingering chosen for the fret hand mute chord no longer matched the fingering of the chord before it, so it was exported as a different chord ID (6 instead of 5) in its own handshape tag. When I was testing your file, I was just saving and skipped adding fingerings, so I didn't run into this. Try manually entering the fingering of the fret hand mute chords to match the chord they are related to and I expect it should export the way you want.

I suppose it's possible that I could have EOF ignore fingerings and export string muted chords in the same handshape as the previous chord if both the muted and non muted chords used the same strings, but I don't know if there would be instances where people wouldn't want this behavior.

or maybe use the same handshape only if it's not crazy. Since it was previously like this it won't bother much people imo.

I'm glad there was a problem I'm not crazy ^^.

A big Thank you for your time and your compréhension, can't wait to have a fix (Yes I'm lazy i don't like defining handshape the whole song. I trust your code ;))

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1417) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where the "Click to change dialog focus" preference wasn't loaded correctly when EOF is launched.

*Fixed a bug where newly added handshape phrases would be converted to normal arpeggio phrases when adding a new level for an RS phrase.

*Fixed a bug where arpeggio or handshape phrases that were in different difficulties of the same track at overlapping times would be combined.

*Fixed a bug where the base chord for an arpeggio/handshape might not be created in certain conditions.

*Improved MIDI import to recognize drum animations in Guitar Hero 1 and 2 MIDIs and convert them to drum notes where applicable. Guitar Hero drum animations weren't authored as accurately as actual drum charts, but they are a good starting point.

*Added a function to remove crazy status from selected notes and moved it and the toggle crazy function into a "Note>Crazy" submenu.

*Improved the toggle crazy function to cancel (not cause the chart to be marked as modified) if no selected notes actually had crazy status removed (ie. they are all forced to retain that status, such as if they are all inside an arpeggio phrase).

*Fixed a bug with the flatten difficulty function where if a handshape phrase was placed into the active difficulty as part of the flattening, it would be converted to an arpeggio phrase.

*Fixed a bug with Paste From where if a handshape phrase was copied into the active difficulty, it would be converted to an arpeggio phrase.

*Added a check to the leading silence function so that if the resulting audio is found to be shorter than it was before (the stream or re-encode failed), EOF will offer to undo the operation.

*Improved musical MIDI export to create an additional MIDI formatted to work in the Fretlight M-Player program.

Does this version correct the problem of the auto handshape crazy muted chord ?

EDIT : After quick test it seems not...

Edited by BHMath

@@BHMath, yeah guess so :)

*Fixed a bug with Paste From where if a handshape phrase was copied into the
active difficulty, it would be converted to an arpeggio phrase.
*Fixed a bug where newly added handshape phrases would be converted to normal
arpeggio phrases when adding a new level for an RS phrase.
*Fixed a bug where arpeggio or handshape phrases that were in different
difficulties of the same track at overlapping times would be combined.
*Fixed a bug where the base chord for an arpeggio/handshape might not be created
in certain conditions.

Unfortunately the behaviour remains the same. I mean on my project...