Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

After you make changes in GP5 you need to save it, give it a new name to help you identify which files are which.  Then you need to make sure that it is this newly saved GP5 file that you are actually importing (or more specifically re-importing).  Don't re-import the original file again.

Sounds simple but, yes, this has caused me head scratching before.

When you re-import, there are 2 ways.  There is an option in EoF "GP Import replaces active track" which, tbh, I've never used.  I go the manual route of deleting all gems (and tech notes!!!) then importing the new GP file.

To select all gems hit Ctrl+A, then you can just hit the Delete key.  Hit F4 to go to tech view and repeat.  Hit F4 again to swap back to the main notes screen.

Can I request small improvement to shift+T(midi tones) feature?

I'd like to have palm mute\harmonics sound rolling using this instruments:

27. Electric Guitar (clean)
28. Electric Guitar (muted)

31. Guitar harmonics

It's not that I can't use cdlc2tab and then listen all in GP or similar programs, I'm fine with this, but I thought it couldn't be that hard and It would be nice to have this features in EOF :D

and now with that new logic on note length, I'd like to have note durations set to midi output too, but that's too secondary task.

If you feel like it's easy to you to implement I'd like to help more

:)

@@raynebc, I'd like to apply those instruments to notes with that techs, like palm mute and harmonics and use clean as default one (i'm using acoustic instrument to get soft sound for midi tones and piano for bass

• Administrator

they can be depending on the midi software (the basic MS GS synthtable is known for their 200ms delay...).

You can go check Coolsoft virtual midi synth which have a really low latency.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Just tried out coolsoft's synth. Better, but still very delayed. Wonder if it's possible to add a delay compensation feature to i guess send notes X ms before it is supposed to. Also is there a hotkey to mute the waveform audio?

I did notice that bends/slides don't work though. I did find a few bugs in my gp5 import that I needed to tweak caused by ghost notes, so I guess it is still pretty handy.

EOF already has a separate configurable delay for the MIDI tone feature (in File>Settings), you'll probably just want to make sure this value is less than the AV delay if you need to send the MIDI notes to your synth earlier. There's no hotkey to mute the chart audio, but you can lower the volume in "Song>Audio cues".

Bends and slides do not have any special MIDI tone functionality, so that's expected functionality for now. Implementing that kind of sound effects would be way too much effort compared to just using Guitar Pro's superior synth playback for the tablature.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1415) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed some bugs with Rocksmith import logic that is used when importing a file over the command line or via the menu when no project is already loaded.

*Renamed the "GH Import" menu function to "Guitar Hero Import" and assigned the H hotkey to it.

*Fixed memory leaks that could occur during failed Guitar Pro or Rocksmith imports.

*Added the ability to import Guitar Pro and Go PlayAlong files via the command line or when no project is already open. EOF will prompt which pro guitar/bass track to import the content to.

*Improved RS export's high density detection to look at the distance between the start of a repeated chord and the end of the previous chord, instead of using the start position of the previous chord.

*Added a "Chord density threshold" preference that defines the maximum distance a repeated chord can be from the previous chord and still be allowed to RS export with high density (repeat lines).

*Added a "GP import truncates short chords" preference that works the same as "GP import truncates short notes", except that the latter now only applies to single notes.

*Added a "Apply crazy to repeated chords separated by a rest" preference that does what it implies if the distance between the distance between the chord and the one that precedes it is greater than the minimum note length preference (or 2ms, whichever is larger) and that preceding note is not selected (ie. not still being edited). The purpose of this preference is to display repeated chords as boxes instead of repeat lines if there is explicitly space between it and the chord it follows.

*Made the "Display semitones as flat" song menu item a permanent setting (like a preference).

*Added a "Save FoF/Phase Shift files" user preference to specify whether Frets on Fire, FoFiX or Phase Shift related files (notes.mid, song.ini and script.txt) are created during save.

*Added new instrument numbers that can be configured in eof.cfg (while EOF is not running) for MIDI tone playback of palm muted guitar notes (eof_midi_synth_instrument_guitar_muted) and harmonic guitar notes (eof_midi_synth_instrument_guitar_harm).

• Like 2

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1415) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed some bugs with Rocksmith import logic that is used when importing a file over the command line or via the menu when no project is already loaded.

*Renamed the "GH Import" menu function to "Guitar Hero Import" and assigned the H hotkey to it.

*Fixed memory leaks that could occur during failed Guitar Pro or Rocksmith imports.

*Added the ability to import Guitar Pro and Go PlayAlong files via the command line or when no project is already open. EOF will prompt which pro guitar/bass track to import the content to.

*Improved RS export's high density detection to look at the distance between the start of a repeated chord and the end of the previous chord, instead of using the start position of the previous chord.

*Added a "Chord density threshold" preference that defines the maximum distance a repeated chord can be from the previous chord and still be allowed to RS export with high density (repeat lines).

*Added a "GP import truncates short chords" preference that works the same as "GP import truncates short notes", except that the latter now only applies to single notes.

*Added a "Apply crazy to repeated chords separated by a rest" preference that does what it implies if the distance between the distance between the chord and the one that precedes it is greater than the minimum note length preference (or 2ms, whichever is larger) and that preceding note is not selected (ie. not still being edited). The purpose of this preference is to display repeated chords as boxes instead of repeat lines if there is explicitly space between it and the chord it follows.

Thank you! lots of great improvements :D

Edit: I think you can improve the 'Apply crazy to repeated chords separated by a rest' function by making an exception if the previous chord is a palm or string muted chord. What do you guys think about that?

Edited by SmellyOrc

Wow, you went all out raynebc! Many thanks!

Basically SmellyOrc, you wish to see chord boxes instead of repeat lines when alternating between mutes and normal chords despite the preference to show repeat lines after a rest? Not sure I understood you.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

I want a repeat line even if there is a rest between chords, if the former chord is a palm/string muted chord. palm/string muted chords don't ring out, and when you have a lot of switches between muted and non-muted chords, it could clutter up the screen. For example, this is how something like that is currently imported:

http://puu.sh/ipHRe/6bcd59a092.png

In essence, those palm-muted chords don't need a crazy status, because they don't ring out anyway.

• Like 1

I guess we'll see what others think. In guitar tab the palm muted notes wouldn't be authored with rests anyways so it comes down to how individuals prefer to author palm mute sections.

True, and disabling that function and setting the chord density threshold to a low value would do the same anyway.

Thanks for everything, can I ask something else?  The "Click to change dialogue focus" option is checked by default.  It there a way to make this unchecked forever?  It re-checks itself whenever I close the program.

Another thing, when adding handshapes using CTRL+SHIFT+H funny stuff happens when adding difficulty levels.  Something easily repeatable is this: When manually creating a new level for a section that has a handshape, the higher level section will usually switch to arpeggio. 

I don't know exactly how to repeat this, but sometimes when adding levels the handshapes will just disappear and CTRL+SHIFT+H won't work anymore for certain notes.

Not too important since we have a DD creator now.

The "Click to change dialogue focus" option is checked by default.  It there a way to make this unchecked forever?  It re-checks itself whenever I close the program.

Fixed.

Another thing, when adding handshapes using CTRL+SHIFT+H funny stuff happens when adding difficulty levels.  Something easily repeatable is this: When manually creating a new level for a section that has a handshape, the higher level section will usually switch to arpeggio.

Fixed.

I don't know exactly how to repeat this, but sometimes when adding levels the handshapes will just disappear and CTRL+SHIFT+H won't work anymore for certain notes.

Let me know if you find out more about this.
  • Like 1

How can we configure EoF to have the previous behaviour ? because for example, if I got a chord played multiple times followed by the same chord fret hand muted. this fret hand muted chord is displayed as a new chord with all x on each note previously i would have only a box with one x

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

How can we configure EoF to have the previous behaviour ? because for example, if I got a chord played multiple times followed by the same chord fret hand muted. this fret hand muted chord is displayed as a new chord with all x on each note previously i would have only a box with one x

That should not be happening. First off, because when you update, the default settings are the same as any previous versions, and there should not be any change in behaviour. If there are, Press F11, disable "Apply crazy status to...." and set chord density threshold to 10000 (10 seconds) ms. But don't set it to 10000. That's silly. 1000 is good enough, and probably too much already.

I can't think of any reason the export would have changed since the previous hotfix, the new settings are not enabled by default and the same default low density threshold (10s) is in effect. Check to make sure the muted chord isn't marked with crazy status or something. Otherwise if you send me a project file I could see why it's exporting that way.

Here is an example file...

I'll check it out shortly.

Here is an example file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eczxxabm65i4lsp/Test06-15%20-%20Test06-15.rar?dl=0

In the difficulty level 1 tab there are four notes.  If you select them and CTRL+SHIFT+H, the purple bar doesn't appear and the handshape isn't written.  They are toggled crazy though.

I've fixed this. This was due to some old logic that existed since before arpeggio type phrases could be defined on a per difficulty basis.