Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I have only had in the last couple project 4/4 songs but does the "use accurate TS" now import exotic TS like 7/8 or 3/4 correctly so we dont need to double the bmp anymore during those measures?

Yep.

When I import a GP file and "import time signatures", when it changes from /4 to /8 EoF lays down an anchor point at the change. This makes it impossible to sync, as those anchor points further into the song don't move when I start to sync left to right, meaning everything gets squashed up to the first anchor point that EoF made.

There may not be much that can be done to avoid this, a change in the beat unit (time signature denominator) changes the beat's length. EOF is intended to place an anchor any time the beat length changes. Before, the only way this happened was with a tempo change, but now time signature changes can cause this as well. Your best bet is to disable the accurate TS handling by going into Song>Properties and unchecking that option.

I'm having an issue where when I try to add a leading silence, it appears to delete every measure but the first. I always "undo" of course, but I have a song that starts on the first beat so I can't get past this issue. :)

Thanks!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Yeah, OggCat (used for the stream copy option) can malfunction if it doesn't like the OGG file. I've got an item on the to-do list where I eventually want to have EOF examine the length of the resulting OGG file and try to determine when OggCat has failed, and offer to re-do the leading silence with the re-encode option.

• Like 2

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1404) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved the accuracy of the grid snap logic.

I have noticed that after this rev all older project that i have loaded in EOF after updating to this rev are full with yellow bars. They basically needs to be resnapped again, all tracks. I always do a full resnap at the end of the project so im not sure if its an issue or just a sideeffect of you fixing the accuracy.

Kind of odd if all tracks in the project where before already snapped without yellow bars showing up why now those tracks are full of yellow bars.

you can use the .eof that i send you the last time. If you open that one you will see that nearly 70% of the notes are full with yellow bars. before rev 1404 this project had actually exactly only one yellow bar.

Older projects may have had more rounding errors where EOF considered a grid snap position to be one millisecond different from what it should have been. As a side effect, you may see EOF complain about some notes now. As with your test chart, when I resnap them they seem to move just one millisecond.

I don't understand what you're asking. The highlighting checks all of the built-in grid snap sizes, and if a custom grid snap value is in effect, that is checked as well. The highlighting generally only updates whenever a change to the chart is made or some other conditions such as when the chart is loaded.

@@raynebc, vvhen I use shift+G it's shopvving me off grid notes, I just vvant them highlighted as shift+g vvorks, since  ctrl+shift+R vvill snap it to  current grid, I'd like to see vvhat notes this vvould affect, I tried y best to explain 

*Improved GP import so that is there are multiple redundant bend points defined at the end of a bend note, they are all dropped.

I didn't realise the relevance of this until I actually used 1409 to do a custom.  It's amazing man, really makes things neater and easier to work with.

• Like 1

I'm having some major issues with EoF tonight.

I just spent a couple days manually charting a CDLC and I was having problems with the Leading Silence while using EOF v1.8RC10 (r1382).  Without thinking I upgraded EoF to r1409 and after doing so it wouldn't load my CDLC at all.  After stuffing around with it for ages I decided to do a fresh install using your guide on page 1.  Then some weird stuff started to happen.

Firstly, when I install and load the basic eof-1.71-win32b it gives me this error even though I'm on a Windows 7 PC:

http://i.imgur.com/WfIh2jf.jpg?1

Then when I try to apply either eof hotfix (r1382) (to try and finish the CDLC I had been working on) or eof hotfix (r1409) it gives me the same error and immediately closes:

http://i.imgur.com/0Qzz12f.png?1

I've searched the heck out of Google and this site and I can't find reference to this error.

Any ideas?

Also if I get this up and running again, what's the best way to finish the CDLC I was working on under an old version of EoF?

I'm really hoping someone can help me.

@@raynebc, vvhen I use shift+G it's shopvving me off grid notes, I just vvant them highlighted as shift+g vvorks, since  ctrl+shift+R vvill snap it to  current grid, I'd like to see vvhat notes this vvould affect, I tried y best to explain

I think I see what you're saying. I don't remember the grid lines highlighting the notes themselves, just changing the color of the vertical lines that run through each note. If you want, I could make these lines more prominent.

@@Stowy

The hotfixes only work when applied to the most recent release candidate (download link is in the same thread as the hotfix). Otherwise you'll end up with errors like the one you mentioned.

About the leading silence, if the stream copy option didn't work (the OggCat utility sometimes doesn't like certain OGG files), selecting the re-encode option usually works fine.

• Like 1

@raynebc

Thanks for that.  I found 1.8 RC 10 (1337) on http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof.  The hyperlink in the first post was downloading 1.71-Win32b but it looks like that's fixed now.  It's now working again and I can open my CDLC again.  Phew   :)

About the Leading Silence ..... I had already worked out that I needed to recode it to get it to work and it seemed to work okay.  But now when I open EoF the green line (The counter?  I don't know what it's called...) starts at the 3 second mark and not right at the beginning where it should at the start of the silence.

The silence is there but it ignores it. 

The .wav file has the Leading Silence but the original.mp3 does not.

Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/WLBpnsS.png?1

It's fine if the first beat starts at 3 seconds. Rocksmith 2014 jumps to a few seconds before the first beat marker, so 3 seconds of silence works just fine.

Also, of course the original.mp3 won't have the leading silence. It's the original. You need to convert the .wav file that eof generated to a .wem file (using wwise directly or using the toolkit) for use.

• Like 1

It's fine if the first beat starts at 3 seconds. Rocksmith 2014 jumps to a few seconds before the first beat marker, so 3 seconds of silence works just fine.

Also, of course the original.mp3 won't have the leading silence. It's the original. You need to convert the .wav file that eof generated to a .wem file (using wwise directly or using the toolkit) for use.

Hey thanks for helping.

Gee I've confused the crap out of myself.  I don't churn out the CDLC too often so every time I create it's like I have to refresh my memory on how to do it.

Anyway, I got myself into trouble this time around using Ultrastar Creator to create lyrics.  Usually I start that program and it asks to import the .mp3 from the EoF folder.  In the past whatever audio I had imported had the leading silence.  I THINK I've just figured out that I have to import the .ogg file, not the .mp3 file ......

This time around I imported the .mp3 (original) by mistake, the vocals were out of sync and it spiralled out of control from there.  :)

It still doesn't explain why the counter starts at 3 seconds instead of right at the very beginning of the track as it used to though.  It never did this in the past.

Thanks for your help guys.

You probably have the "Adjust notes/beats" option enabled in the leading silence window, whereas before you disabled it. Anyway, it's better this way. No need to shift notes around if you're importing from a gp file.

Also with regards to vocals, you can just go to track_vocals, press ctrl+a to select everything, and then move everything 3 seconds. The Marks (blue lines) that denotes where a line starts and ends does not move with it, so you'll have to remark them (shortcut: ctrl+m).

Also remember: LYRIC SUSTAIN. Keep that spacebar pressed for however long that syllable is sung.

http://customsforge.com/topic/11210-lyric-tutorial/

• Like 1

You probably have the "Adjust notes/beats" option enabled in the leading silence window, whereas before you disabled it. Anyway, it's better this way. No need to shift notes around if you're importing from a gp file.

Also with regards to vocals, you can just go to track_vocals, press ctrl+a to select everything, and then move everything 3 seconds. The Marks (blue lines) that denotes where a line starts and ends does not move with it, so you'll have to remark them (shortcut: ctrl+m).

Also remember: LYRIC SUSTAIN. Keep that spacebar pressed for however long that syllable is sung.

http://customsforge.com/topic/11210-lyric-tutorial/

Thanks mate.  It appears to have worked fine.  

I'm switching to trying to build CDLCs on Windows, having found that the Toolkit doesn't work fully on a Mac... but I've hit a problem installing EoF on my Windows 7 machine.  I've installed the r1337 version, but when I run EoF, I get a similar error to that reported earlier: It says:

MP3 support disabled

Please install LAME and Vorbis Tools if you want MP3 support.

That looks mysterious since the lame, oggCat and oggenc2 applications are all in the EoF folder.

It may be a permissions issue. If you put the EOF program folder in certain protected parts of the file system (ie. inside of "Program files", "Program files (x86)" or the "public" desktop folder), it wouldn't have write access to its own file folder unless you messed around with file permissions or started EOF as administrator (ie. by right clicking on it and selecting that option, and then answering yes when asked whether to allow it to make changes to the computer). See if moving EOF's program folder to another location (ie. the root of the C drive or your account's own desktop) helps.

Harmonies definitely aren't a priority for me, but I do plan to work on it some day.

It's not unusual for EOF to take 25% of the CPU time, you can try increasing the CPU save feature in File>Settings, but otherwise if it's in the foreground (with no dialog menus open) it will just use cycles redrawing the screen.

Trying this for the first time . When I edit a track in gp5 (copy solo from track 1 and paste into track 3) to make a lead guitar it shows no changes when I import into eof . I'm obviously doing something wrong but as I'm not great with computers I don't know what.