Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1406) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved GP import so that tie notes with a different technique on a string won't have linknext status applied unless that string specifically was tied to the previous note.

*Fixed a bug with the auto resnap logic caused by r1403 that would corrupt note positions.

• Like 1

Still any plans to edit the score attack level? as it would be much more easy.

For information, BPR v0.3 will permit the adjustment of Score Attack levels ...

It should be released soon !

What's BPR?

Just a graphical tool for updating XML files in existing CDLCs (measures, beats, sections, phrases and score attack levels).

It doesn't permit to modify notes and associated technics.

You can download it here

Still any plans to edit the score attack level? as it would be much more easy.

For information, BPR v0.3 will permit the adjustment of Score Attack levels ...

It should be released soon !

What's BPR?

Just a graphical tool for updating XML files in existing CDLCs (measures, beats, sections, phrases and score attack levels).

It doesn't permit to modify notes and associated technics.

You can download it here

Thanks, I will have a look.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- H O W T O I N S T A L L B P R ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Download the zip file

- Unzip it in a folder of your choice

- Launch "bpr.exe"

- Answer "Yes" to configure the link with the RSToolkit folder

- Use [F1] to display help

- Enjoy ...

That could get complicated. I could probably have EOF internally draw an arbitrary number of piano rolls, but coming up with a way to display a third roll would be the difficult part. The secondary piano roll implementation was kind of hacky, but it worked because the primary piano roll and all the coordinate logic stayed on the top half of the screen so it was pretty simple to just render another piano roll on the lower half. Moving the first piano roll to try to make room would require changing tons of mouse coordinate logic, the easier solution would probably be to split the lower half of the editor into two quadrants and display a separate roll in each of those. But then the rolls won't line up nicely so that probably defeats a lot of the usefulness.

It would still take enough work that I'd hesitate to work on it unless several people were interested though.

The easiest way to display 3 full width piano rolls would be to just increase the window height another %50ish. This would take some planning because EOF currently uses the window height to track what preset window size is in use, which controls the lane heights, note sizes, etc. I can put it on the to do list for now.

I assume you mean the Allegro library. I don't know if version 5 has anything to help with dynamic window sizes or anything, but migrating the code to Allegro 5 would be a big undertaking and was planned for some unknown point in the future.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1409) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added the ability to specify cymbals or non cymbals in conditional deselect, which is only offered when a drum track is active. These new criteria are only checked for lanes 3, 4 and 5 as these are the only lanes that can be cymbals or toms.

*Added "Deselect toms" and "Deselect cymbals" functions to the Edit>Selection menu.

*Fixed a bug where the second to last beat in a chart would have incorrect grid snap positions calculated if it was a tempo change.

**Updated the "Beat>Time signature>Off" and "Clear all" functions to observe the accurate TS chart option. Functions in this menu will now be disabled if the tempo map is locked, to ensure the beat positions remain unaltered.

*Added a "Beat>Time signature>Convert" function (only accessible if the accurate TS chart option is enabled) that will allow you to define a time signature for the selected beat and have EOF calculate the appropriate tempos for affected beats to allow them to keep their existing positions. This will help update existing charts with wild tempo changes to correct them to be time signature changes.

*Improved GP import so that is there are multiple redundant bend points defined at the end of a bend note, they are all dropped.

Bar 16, the E0 gets imported as an E8.

I'll look into it.

Edit: It's more appropriate to call that an authoring error in the GP file. That open note is authored as a tie note, but the last fret played on that string is on fret 8, which is why EOF would import it that way. It's unlikely you'd run into this unless the GP file author made a habit out of authoring things abnormally. It may just be a bad GP5 conversion though because it looked a bit weird in Guitar Pro, but after I deleted the open note and re-authored it, EOF imported it the way you were expecting.

I'm having some issues with this new time signature stuff.  I thought it was 1409 but 1406 does it too (dunno how far back it goes).

When I import a GP file and "import time signatures", when it changes from /4 to /8 EoF lays down an anchor point at the change.  This makes it impossible to sync, as those anchor points further into the song don't move when I start to sync left to right, meaning everything gets squashed up to the first anchor point that EoF made.

The song I'm doing has a few changes at points in the song for sound effects and it's making syncing it pretty impossible.

Can I disable this?  Can I import time signatures but without automatic anchor points?

Also, I can't find this accurate TS option anywhere I'm going blind :(