Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Administrator

It's working fine in 1366 (Though legato slides are broken in that one)
In 1396 the legato slides get imported correctly but the other things don't.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

I think I got it corrected for the next hotfix. I've been doing lots of code clean up during the past several revisions, things like removing redundant variable declarations (so that the one in a local block of code takes the scope from one defined further out) and a 32 bit variable turned into an 8 bit one. I think the offending change was r1389.

• Like 1

I couldn't reproduce the problem. When I import the MIDI, it imports the time signature changes and the #/8 measures have shorter beats. When I import the GP file into an older EOF project, the accurate TS setting isn't enabled yet, but after I enable it, the #/8 time signatures have shorter beats as expected.

Edit: To clarify, the accurate TS option is only enabled for new projects, and for imports that result in creating a new project (MIDI, Bandfuse, Guitar Hero, Feedback).

Hi raynebc,

I have a odd thing happen that seems to be caused by the "accurate time signatures" option.  These are the steps I took leading up to the occurrence:

I started a new project, added some leading silence, adjusted the start position of the first measure, set the BPM.  Next, I set an anchor point on measure 2, and then tried to adjust the beginning of measure 4.  However, as soon as I position the beat and release the mouse button, the BPM of the first two measures double.  I noticed that if I turn off the "accurate time signatures" option this doesn't happen, and if I reinstate it it then doubles all of the previous anchor point's BPM, except for the one I just set.  See below:  It could be that I don't understand how the "accurate time signatures" option is supposed to work, but I thought it odd, and that I should report it, just in case.

Before:

Before%20Moving%20a%20Beat%20Marker.JPG

After:

After%20Moving%20a%20Beat%20Marker.JPG

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

That might be normal if the time signature in effect was something like 6/8, since the #/8 means a beat is half as long as a beat in #/4 at the same tempo.  If that's not the case, could you send me the project file with a minimum list of steps needed to cause the problem?

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1400) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a GP import bug where tie notes that change the technique in use may not get added as a linked note as expected.

*Added additional error handling and logging when adding leading silence to a project whose chart audio was created from an MP3 file and it is still present in the project folder (as original.mp3).

*Fixed a bug where clicking and dragging beat markers when a non #/4 time signature and the accurate TS song property are both in effect would move beats into the wrong positions.

*Fixed crashes that could occur during GP import.

• Like 3

I only noticed...  and I would have been moaning like a super aggitated motherfker if I didn't keep backup along the way on a huge project.

Ctrl+X is not working correctly, at least since r1378.

When you Ctrl+X the reverse is not possible by pressing Ctrl+X again, you must Undo.  Shift+X works perfectly.

When you Ctrl+X then Shift+X then Shift+X again you will see that all fret numbers are 0.

Good luck :D

CTRL+X and SHIFT+X perform two different functions in EOF.

The behavior of CTRL+X has been the same since before Rocksmith ever came out.  It forcibly removes the fret numbering and assigns string mute status as was typical with Rock Band 3 charts.  This is consistent with how CTRL+# changes the fret value of notes instead of toggling any techniques.

SHIFT+X toggles string mute status and leaves the fret number intact.  That is the function you are wanting to use in this scenario.

It's not a big deal, but sometimes GP tabs have separate tracks for the same guitar, I.E. the solo will be separate from the lead guitar track. So, my thing is i'll import the majority of the guitar tab into EoF and place in Real_Guitar and the solo in Real_Guitar_22 and then copy and paste. I noticed when i do this all the tech notes don't get copied and i have to redo them after the paste. So, my question is, Is there a way to fix that?

It's not a big deal, but sometimes GP tabs have separate tracks for the same guitar, I.E. the solo will be separate from the lead guitar track. So, my thing is i'll import the majority of the guitar tab into EoF and place in Real_Guitar and the solo in Real_Guitar_22 and then copy and paste. I noticed when i do this all the tech notes don't get copied and i have to redo them after the paste. So, my question is, Is there a way to fix that?

I usually edit together all the guitar parts beforehand in the Guitar Pro file myself. Tech notes don't copy with the notes they're modifying (even if you copy an earlier part from the same track), and I imagine it's probably not an easy fix if it hasn't been adjusted yet.

Speaking of probably not easy fixing, I've noticed that when I change the tuning of a part it adjusts all the frets but doesn't adjust slide locations. If that's something that can be easily fixed, I'd appreciate it. (I also wouldn't mind if it did this if one changed the values via Ctrl++/Ctrl+- but I'm not holding my breath for that because it's probably around 50/50 that people want to do that)

Regardless, I've VERY much appreciated recent fixes, the dead note chord fix and the linknext shortcut have significantly made my charting easier, and the most recent one fixed a Guitar Pro import crash I assume I'd cause. So thanks for your hardwork.

I've always got the multitracks.

For each track difficulties whose tech notes you wanted to copy, you should be able to:

1.  Enable tech view (F4)

2.  Seek to the first tech note (CTRL+Home)

3.  Select all tech notes (CTRL+A)

4.  Copy them to the clipboard (CTRL+C)

5.  Change to the destination track

6.  Paste the notes (CTRL+V)

The result should be that the tech notes are lined up correctly with the normal notes that were pasted.

Edit: There's a bug I'm fixing with pasting in tech view, it could cause EOF to remove too many beats from the end of the chart during its cleanup.

Speaking of probably not easy fixing, I've noticed that when I change the tuning of a part it adjusts all the frets but doesn't adjust slide locations.

I'll look into it.
  • Like 1

Hi. I'm running in something I havent seen hapening before and was wondering what was causing it. My guess is that it's a safety for RB... probably. The song I imported imported flawlessly, except for 2 or 3 notes over the fret 22, they are on fret 23, and everytime I'm trying to make them 23, they get string muted instead... Rocksmith does support 24 frets so I'm wondering how to fix this XD

My CDLC Workshop

Feedback is always appreciated! :)

@@raynebc, a small change I'd like to have is  quick save in case I vvanna quit vvhile I have unsaved changes, that'll save my time beacuse I feel like exporting RS\RB\FOF\GH files from eof file,but vvhy I need It vvhen I'm in hurry? I'd like to change that on m side, but maybe It vvould be hand to others, and can you name function that transpose notes after tuning  changes? just keep trying my hand on this transpose behavior, I knovv you  can do it faster, but It just to gain some exp, I doubt guys vvill use it at all)

since we are talking about transpose, what about some sort of function that does add when shifting strings +5 or +4 to b to the g string and so on.

For example i have selected a bunch of notes and i want to transpose those notes 1 string up. Usually i would add 5 to the fret number ( 4 for the b->g, g-> b

What about doing this automated instead of always go up and down with the mouse wheel. Like activating this function with shift+Up to transpose one string up or shift+Down to go one down.

@@raynebc, a small change I'd like to have is quick save in case I vvanna quit vvhile I have unsaved changes, that'll save my time beacuse I feel like exporting RS\RB\FOF\GH files from eof file,but vvhy I need It vvhen I'm in hurry?

"W" key broken? :)

I suppose I could change exit prompt to quick save the project, it would be a very small change and I agree that if somebody wanted to close the program immediately they'd rather not immediately deal with fixing any complaints EOF has. This is an easy change, just go into the definition for eof_menu_file_exit() and change the call of eof_menu_file_save() to eof_menu_file_quick_save(). I'll add this change to the next hotfix.

can you name function that transpose notes after tuning changes?

eof_track_transpose_tuning() is the function EOF currently uses to transpose a track from one tuning to the other (by moving it up/down one or more frets the same string).

since we are talking about transpose, what about some sort of function that does add when shifting strings +5 or +4 to b to the g string and so on.

For example i have selected a bunch of notes and i want to transpose those notes 1 string up. Usually i would add 5 to the fret number ( 4 for the b->g, g-> b

What about doing this automated instead of always go up and down with the mouse wheel. Like activating this function with shift+Up to transpose one string up or shift+Down to go one down.

Something like this (transpose pitches to different string) was on the to-do list, I just hadn't gotten around to it. It would be simple enough to program, but SHIFT+Up/Down are keyboard combinations in use for setting up/down strum directions, but I could probably change those to use SHIFT+D and SHIFT+U since this is more consistent with EOF already using SHIFT+M to set a "mid" strum direction (a mechanism used in Rock Band 3 authoring).