Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Besides that tech mode sometimes cant be deactivated and the tech notes disappear. This have happened when using Paste From Medium (includes tech notes) to Amazing and then deleting the notes in Medium. Maybe the tech notes with red status  in Medium create an issue with the ones in Amazing.

I couldn't reproduce this. If you find a way to do so, please let me know.

I think i was able to reproduce it, here is the .eof www.sendspace.com/file/dfp9qp

I think that the issue is kind of related to when using the second Piano roll.

Just have PART_REAL_GUITAR on one highway and PART_REAL_GUITAR_22

If you go now to 1:42 the solo starts in PART_REAL_GUITAR, if you hit f4 the tech notes wont show up, the will appear and directly disappear.

If you disable now the second Piano roll tech mode will work normal and the tech notes will be visible.

If you have on both Piano rolls the same track tech mode will work too.

btw. we had several month ago a small discussion about EOF export to GP files with the thoughts that a GP file does not support a lot of beat changes.

I came across a few days ago on one GP file that had BPM changes on nearly every main beat

Just for the case here is the tab if you want to take a look at it http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/slayer/divine_intervention_guitar_pro.htm

who knows maybe some day........ :mrgreen:

Have you considered changing how fret hand positions work any? In particular making them a global value instead of a per difficulty value? Also, would it be possible to have fret hand positions move along with the rest of the chart when changes are made to the grid?

I still intend to make this change, but I haven't been able to get to it yet. It's near the front of my to-do list though, so hopefully someday soon.

btw. we had several month ago a small discussion about EOF export to GP files with the thoughts that a GP file does not support a lot of beat changes.

I think the GP file can support a tempo change as often as once per note, but it only supports whole numbers. Trying to simulate fractional beat per minute values by defining a tempo change at each note is probably more complicated than I'd care to try, and it would make the GP file look like a big mess.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share the e-mail Q & A I had with raynebc regarding some recent Hotfix-related features for which I wanted clarification and which are mostly related to Tech Notes so that I could make a more informed Tech Note Tutorial update soon.

Berneer Question 1:

HOTFIX1296: “Updated auto-adjust logic to move tech notes as well as regular notes.”

i) I tested this EoF. This doesn’t resolve the moving of tech notes when regular notes are moved.

ii) Question 11 Bullet 1 of Tech Notes: "If you place tech notes on top of a regular note and then move that regular note, the tech notes will not move with it. (raynebc will eventually address this)" is still a limitation, right?

raynebc Answer 1:  

i) Auto-adjust is the mechanism where notes are moved when you click and drag beat markers.

ii) Yes, for now.

Berneer Question 2:

HOTFIX1296: “Updated the logic so that when the first beat marker is moved, the tech notes are moved accordingly. “

I tested in EoF. I actually moved a chord with tech notes inside occurring in the middle of the song and  moving the beat marker near the chord moved the regular and text notes accordingly. Why do you go to the trouble of stating the “first beat marker” when in fact it seems to be “any beat marker” that can be moved to move tech notes.

raynebc Answer 2

Auto-adjust (as described above) is a different function in the code than moving notes with the first beat marker.  I had to update both functions.

Berneer Question 3:

HOTFIX1296:“Updated the "Insert new difficulty", "Paste from", "Erase track", "Erase track difficulty" and "Manage RS phrases" functions to handle tech notes.”
  • This seems to remove the limitation discussed in Question 11 Bullet 3 of the Tech Notes Tutorial “- When copying over tech notes to different difficulty levels in EoF, since the tech notes are stored separately from the regular notes, the copying and manipulation of difficulty levels are not yet supported. (raynebc WIP)”
  • I managed to create a new difficulty and copy over regular and tech notes alike perfectly.  I can therefore consider this limitation as addressed.
  • My only question is that you mention updating "Manage RS phrases". Not sure what this feature does and what you've updated. Can you please explain?

raynebc Answer 3

“Manage RS phrase" adds or removes a difficulty level for individual phrases in the project, for manually creating dynamic difficulties.  This feature now removes or bumps up the difficulty level of tech notes as appropriate when you remove or add a difficulty level for the specified phrase.

Berneer Question 4:

HOTFIX1296:"Updated the color coding for the display of Rocksmith phrases to reflect the normal notes, not the tech notes."

Does this mean that phrases names above the piano roll will resume being exclusively green with yellow text in it instead of the mysterious recent blue with white text in it?

raynebc Answer 4:

Yes, when tech view was in effect, the phrase coloring logic was looking at the tech notes instead of the regular notes.

Berneer Question 5:

HOTFIX1299: “Improved RS2 export to support sustain tech notes.”

Just to be clear, this was an attempt to make cstewart's chord slide inspired idea work albeit without the desired results. Or was there more to it than this?

raynebc Answer 5:

The sustain status was exporting, but I had to add some more logic in order for a tech note to be able to apply sustain status to an individual note in a chord.

Berneer Question 6:

HOTFIX1299:"Updated the 'Correct chord fingering' function to alter the regular notes instead of tech notes."

Can you explain this? I don't get it.

raynebc Answer 6:

Due to the way I implemented tech notes, many functions treated the active note set (normal notes or tech notes) as being the same thing.  I've had to update specific functions to make sure they manipulate the regular notes even when tech view is in effect.

Berneer Question 7:

HOTFIX1299:"Updated Guitar Pro import to create tech notes for any complex bends defined in the imported track."

i) You only mention complex bends importing from GP. Are there other notes with tech notes that don't yet import that you expect to eventually make import. I'm thinking techniques applied to only some of the strings of a chord may also challenge EoF? Maybe not?

ii) Regarding bends, if you look at Example 10 of the Tech Note Tutorial I suppose that what gets imported from GP is what is in this Guitar Pro Bend Editor screenshot?

Guitar Pro Bend Editor

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/SmithyAnvilStuff/raynebc%20Hotfix%201296%20to%201300%20QA/BendEditor_zps526ff69b.png

Example 10 - Tab notation in this example more difficult to interpret than above bend editor?

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/Example10-QuicknessofBending-InGame_zps6ecacb7a.png

raynebc Answer 7:

i) I don't think Guitar Pro actually lets you define chords where some notes have a technique and others don't, or at least I couldn't find a way to do so.  Maybe the GPX format can store complicated notations like that, but I couldn't tell that the GP5 file format has a way to define that.

ii) EOF would import that as a single note that bends, releases, bends again and ends while bent.  It might be a good example to provide.

Berneer Question 8:

HOTFIX1300:“Improved handling of linkNext tech notes so that they will cause a chord that follows to be exported as single notes, just as when normal notes have linkNext status applied.”

So if I understand correctly, on top of creating the STOP tech notes  to prevent the sustains you needed to fix linknext on tech notes too to export individual notes of chords as single notes, thus no longer needing the “sustain” status?

raynebc Answer 8:

Yep. The specific way that cstewart's desired result was required that everything be exported as single notes.

Berneer Question 9:

HOTFIX1300:“Added a new "stop" status that can be applied to tech notes.  A stop tech note defines the end position of the affected string of the note it overlaps, allowing you to author chords with notes that have different lengths.  If the stop tech note is at the start position of the note it affects, that note is exported with no sustain.”

I suppose now I’ll update the Tech Note tutorial Question 3 “For slides: Note that with the exception of bends, tech notes always apply the technique to the beginning of whichever note on top of which they reside. “  to say that only slides AND Stop tech notes affect the beginning  STOPS apply their technique to the beginning.

raynebc Answer 9:

Stop tech notes apply that status anywhere on the note (like with bend tech notes).  It was only a coincidence that in cstewart's example that I put them on the start position of the open notes because that was the desired effect (non sustaining open notes). Bend is the only actual technique that Rocksmith supports being applied in the middle of a note.  Other techniques required the linkNext mechanism, such as notes that started a bend after it sustained for a while (or something like Example 15 of the tutorial).  "Stop" isn't actually a Rocksmith technique, it's just a mechanism in EOF to allow notes in a chord to have unique lengths, since that's not something EOF normally supports.

Note to readers: As of the time of this writing there is an open issue/bug report ticket opened on github (Issue #153) that deals with two problems: 1) Stop-Tech-notes freezing the game in this following example and 2) linknext tech note not properly removing subsequent note heads as documented in this thread started by mrmaton.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/SmithyAnvilStuff/raynebc%20Hotfix%201296%20to%201300%20QA/Chordwithvaryingstopsperstring_zpsa085f492.png

RAYNEBC COMMENT:
I can't think of any reason for this not to work, unless there is an unidentified limitation in Rocksmith where it doesn't support chordnotes in a chord to have different lengths (apart from some of them being having no sustain at all). It may be a good idea to mention this to the toolkit developers.

I will make the necessary updates and adjustments to the Tech Note Tutorial as new information and examples arise.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Nothing like a long post to quiet everyone down.... hahahaha... enjoy the rest raynebc :)

Sorry about the inconsistent font in my above post. I'm having trouble with the editor.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Here is a zip of some arrangements that I can't import as of eof r1299: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o4gtqdIn eof it says "Failure. Check log for details" And in the log it's always that tuning value error

fabianosan asked in another thread (http://customsforge.com/topic/2533-unpacked-xml-missing-count-attribute-unable-to-import-in-eof/?do=findComment&comment=13642) if you could provide the original XML files before they were packed into a custom with the toolkit?

Sorry I'm responding so late, the arrangements are from other users' cdlc so I don't have the original xml or project files. I will ask BHMath later if he's willing to provide the pre-toolkit xml files from his Muse songI myself have unpacked that cldc with the - as of now - lastest stable toolkit release, just adding this info in case it's important

Repost from Smithy, since Xyber has been there for a while:

Making previews for other files works fine. This one is an import from RS1, so maybe that has something to do with it? I've updated to latest version (1.8RC8 r1291) and it's still the same.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BygyMltWY_VjTjVFVHNVbldsdXc/edit?usp=sharing

I finally got around to trying this out, and for me EOF is able to create the preview WAV and OGG file. Do neither of those files get created for you? Does the chart audio play in EOF, and can it build the waveform for you when you are using that chart audio? What OS are you using?

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1306) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Altered Rocksmith import to reflect changes to how the toolkit unpacks Rocksmith 2014 songs (timestamps not padded to 3 decimal places, count attributes omitted).

*Removed handling of popup messages for RS2 export, since they aren't supported in that game.

*Fixed a bug where the use of the second piano roll prevented tech view from working.

*Changed the "Use dB style seek controls" preference so that the left/right arrows perform seek by grid snap and the up/down keys perform the normal transpose functions.

*Changed the border color (in the editor window) for selected star power notes to be red, which contrasts better against silver than white does.

*Improved the paste functions so that the chart will lengthen if necessary to perform the paste.

Keep in mind, the Rocksmith import change does not add support for features that are new in Rocksmith 2014, but it does allow all of the Rocksmith 1 era features to import so it's a start.

• Like 1

Hi, I would like the 0-blue to be a sustain that goes after the 3-green, just like that 

http://puu.sh/7xtS8.PNG

Is it possible in the current version? If yes, how?

Authoring a chord where one of the notes overlaps other notes played on the same string as one of the chord's notes is one of the more complicated things to author in EOF. You could try it like this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/chordstringoverlappingnotes_zps369d1afd.jpg

The XML would look like this:

<chord time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">  <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>  <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/></chord><note time="0.750" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="0.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.250" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><note time="1.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
But that might not work in-game because Rocksmith seems picky about how the linkNext mechanism can be used. I'm planning some special logic that combines multiple consecutive linked notes in scenarios like this into fewer, longer notes, but that may or may not be easy to accomplish.

If you didn't need the --0--2 chord to show up as a chord box, Alex360's suggestion of placing those two notes separate from each other is a much easier solution, then the open note can have "crazy" status applied and it will be able to overlap the other notes.

Authoring it as an arpeggio may be another way to go. In this case, you wouldn't author the sustain for the notes, they'd be implied.

eof locked up when I tried to do a lyric import using the new hotfix.

Works for me. If EOF is only locking up when attempting to import a specific lyric file, I'll need that lyric file to test with.

I had to adjust my beat markers today -- but doing this threw off the fret hand positions, that is, they're no longer lined up with the beats. Is there a way to resnap these? (Well, it's too late now, I'll have to go back and redo them by hand. EOF gets close, but not close enough).

I had to adjust my beat markers today -- but doing this threw off the fret hand positions, that is, they're no longer lined up with the beats. Is there a way to resnap these? (Well, it's too late now, I'll have to go back and redo them by hand. EOF gets close, but not close enough).

Just delete all the fret hand positions and have eof generate them automatically when you save the project? That's what I do anyway.

Is it possible to define two different fingerings for the same chord? Last time I tried that the different fingerings were preserved in eof itself but when playing the song in Rocksmith it showed only one fingering whenever the chord in question came up

I did some testing and I couldn't get fret hand positions to not automatically move with notes when I clicked and dragged beat markers. If you are able to produce this issue, let me know. 

Here is the lyric file in questionhttp://www.mediafire.com/view/5i0zz3bf958f3cg/swinglifeaway_vocals.xmlI can import every other XML file fine but when I try to do a lyric import it locks up

Looks like this was a bug in EOF and a bug in something else (ie. the toolkit). The number of lyrics in the XML file is given as 0 (instead of just being omitted, like the toolkit is now doing for guitar/bass arrangements that are unpacked), as EOF's special handling didn't quite handle this condition so it crashed. EOF now ignores the count attribute and will import the lyrics, effective next hotfix.

Is it possible to define two different fingerings for the same chord? Last time I tried that the different fingerings were preserved in eof itself but when playing the song in Rocksmith it showed only one fingering whenever the chord in question came up

The short answer is no, EOF doesn't support that at this time. There's some more discussion on the matter starting at this post:http://customsforge.com/topic/2355-author-sustained-chord-with-a-hammer-on/page-2?do=findComment&comment=16011And a proposed solution here that would need some experimental testing:http://customsforge.com/topic/2355-author-sustained-chord-with-a-hammer-on/page-3?do=findComment&comment=16942