Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Administrator

You can use Part_Real_Bass_22 for a bonus lead or rhythm. Just Set it to 6 strings and 24 frets max and you're off!

And never forget to set the path as lead or rhythm or the tuning will be completely wrong :D

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Regarding the leading silence issue, OggCat sometimes runs into problems with files and it won't work right. If that happens, try adding the leading silence with the option to re-encode. If that malfunctions, please send me the project file and the OGG file for your project so I can try to troubleshoot.

Hi, folks.

The latest hotfix (r1374) is in the first post.  New with this hotfix is the ability to import Bandfuse charts.  I've only tested "Love Bites" by Halestorm, but it seems to import correctly.  I still need to add logic to import vocals, tremolo and trill sections but that's mostly it.

Bandfuse export will be added in the near future.  With the progress @@SFenton has been making (http://customsforge.com/topic/17114-bandfuse-customs-research-is-there-a-better-place-for-this/), Bandfuse customs may become a possibility soon.

• Like 2

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (r1375) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:

*Changed RS export so that string muting isn't taken into account for chord comparison.  This should make a series of repeated muted and non-muted instances of the same chord appear nicely as a set of repeat lines.

*Improved RS import to recognize string mute technique.

*Improved Bandfuse import to import tremolo and trill techniques.

*Improved Bandfuse import to import lyrics.

Edit: Also fixes a bug with the new dialog focus logic that prevented the default field focus of various functions like "Set bend strength".

• Like 2

Thanks for the update raynebc.  This update is a huge timesaver!

Those who want the old style of showing muted chords on the screen (instead of the repeat panes with an X) can still do it by toggling crazy.

I tried a few riffs involving different mixes of chords and muted chords.  Most work as desired, but some broke the handshapes.  This is fixed by placement of ghost notes.  I'll upload some examples tomorrow.

I haven't updated EOF in several weeks.  I noticed you can't hover over a box and enter fret information anymore (you have to click on the box).  Was this part of a previous update?

Yeah, I vote to revert to the old system of data entry to boxes.  It has it's problems, but it's much, much faster when working with complex charts.

It really is a deal breaker for me to upgrade to newer EoFs.  It's so nippy having to click on the box every time I'm making/editing slides and bends.

Also, is there a keyboard shortcut to turn linknext on/off?  That would be a great time saver too :D

And thanks raynebc,  I do appreciate all the work.

Looking forward to re-building a few customs to see how neat these repeat boxes look :D

Yeah, I vote to revert to the old system of data entry to boxes.  It has it's problems, but it's much, much faster when working with complex charts.

It really is a deal breaker for me to upgrade to newer EoFs.  It's so nippy having to click on the box every time I'm making/editing slides and bends.

Yeah its extremely time consuming at the moment to do solos with lot of bends and slides. I didnt followed what led to the remove of the curser in the input box (maybe a bug?) but it would be nice to have it back.

I haven't updated EOF in several weeks.  I noticed you can't hover over a box and enter fret information anymore (you have to click on the box).  Was this part of a previous update?

I guess I'll make it a user preference. Some folks didn't want mouse-over to change focus.

It really is a deal breaker for me to upgrade to newer EoFs. It's so nippy having to click on the box every time I'm making/editing slides and bends.

This was something that should already be corrected. The current hotfix should automatically give the input field focus when you open the dialog to edit a slide's end position or a bend's strength. Please try it again and let me know if r1375 behaves different for you than it does for me.

Also, is there a keyboard shortcut to turn linknext on/off?

There isn't one yet but I can put some thought into it.

Yep with r1375 the curser is now back in the input field. Thanks.

A little request, would it be possible to sort the Rocksmith section list a little bit better like having preverse,verse,postverse,modverse grouped together instead of being spread, same for chorus

Maybe allow the user to change it him/herself my just click and dragging it to a lower/higher position?

If not, I'd only put "no guitar" higher up the food chain. The rest, I couldn't care less about.

Click and drag stuff like that would be way too much work. Allegro doesn't have those kind of nice, high-level GUI features as far as I know. I'll go ahead and re-order the sections (noguitar, intro, verse related sections, chorus related sections, bridge related sections, solo, outro and then everything else).

The Fret catalog feature in EOF is still underrated, but I use it a lot to structure songs,

Wouldn't it become more popular, if it had a shortkey to add/delete a catalog, anyway I am missing these shortkeys

I guess I hadn't considered adding shortcuts to those functions because I didn't think many people used that feature. I don't know what would make good shortcuts though, so many letters are already taken including all modifier combinations (CTRL, SHIFT, CTRL+SHIFT). I tried to add more keyboard controls to allow ALT in shortcuts before, but I couldn't get it to work right, probably because of how EOF's menu is designed to be triggered by it. If it's any consolation, the menu system has hotkeys so you can access Song>Catalog>Add and >Delete with 4 key strokes each (ALT+S, C, A or D).

• Administrator

it's not shortcut per se. it's a way to navigate menu with only a keyboard, it's like that for any software that have a menu bar as far as i know.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity