Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

It also crashes now when I rty to import the guitar pro file itself that belongs to the xml.

The problem is probably specific to the GP file, if you can send me a download link to it I'll test it out.

@@raynebc

Yes it was, I could prevent the crashes after I deleted some tracks from the GP file. There were like 2 synthezisers, a vocal track, extra guitar and also extra percussion. So in the end there were like 8 tracks but I only needed Guitar 1 and bass. One of these extra tracks created also an error(also in other projects) that some instruments had more than 6 strings and i had to decide if I wanted to delete the thickest or the thinnest string.(I never could find out where this problem came from before).
Could it be possible, that i can only open/import gp-files until a specific number of tracks? So if there ar for example more than 8 tracks it crashes, even before i choose which tracks to import?

Can I ask a noob question?

I made the jump to r1369 using the RC10 1337 base build, and now it insists on saving a separate .wav.  I had turned off before but I can't for the life of me see the setting to switch off in the new EoF.

Click the box that says "Do Not Write WAV"

And also, how do I turn off chord names at the top of the waveform window? 

Change the "Top Of 2D Pane" selection

Edit - one more....

How do I make new gems (right click mouse) have a length of 1ms?  I set in preferences Min Note Distance and Min Note Length both to 1ms and they still come up with a tiny tail (it's not a constant length, but it's 1ms + 1 mouse wheel scroll up).

Click the box that says "New notes are made 1 ms long"

I answered my own questions in italics.  I left the post in case someone else has the same questions...

Yeay yeah, Plum's a noob.  Bite me :D

Is it just me or does anyone have constant crashes when I alt-tab from EOF on win 8? It just stops working.

I tried compatibility and running as an admin. Nothing works.

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Unfortunately I don't have a computer with Windows 8 to test with, but there are several folks here that use that OS. Are you using ALT+Tab while the chart is playing, or while it is stopped? Does it happen every time, or only sometimes (ie. if performing certain operations first, or if it only crashes while a certain feature is enabled like a waveform graph or spectrogram)? If only sometimes, are you able to determine conditions to get it to crash immediately on demand? Can you send me the eof_log.txt file after a crash occurs so I can see if it reveals anything? If you open EOF again after it crashes, is it able to recover your chart from the last undo state when it offers to do so?

Is it just me or does anyone have constant crashes when I alt-tab from EOF on win 8? It just stops working.

I tried compatibility and running as an admin. Nothing works.

+1

Happens while chart is stopped. In fact I don't even need to load any project to make the crash happen (simply start eof.exe then alt-Tab one time = crash now 5 times in a row).

Recovery usually does work, but sometimes it (seems to...) misses a couple of last changes.

eof_log.txt:

480: Logging started during program initialization at 01/29/15 08:48:04
480: EOF v1.8RC10 (r1369)
480: eof_load_config() entered
480: set_default_config() entered
480: eof_controller_read_button_names() entered
480: eof_controller_load_config() entered
480: eof_controller_load_config() entered
480: 	Importing chord shape definitions
480: eof_load_chord_shape_definitions() entered
480: 	Processing line #1
480: 	Processing line #2
480: 		Chord shape definition loaded
480: 	Processing line #3
480: 	Processing line #4
480: 	Processing line #5
480: 	Processing line #6
480: 	Processing line #7
480: 	Processing line #8
480: 	Processing line #9
480: 	Processing line #10
480: 	Processing line #11
480: 	Processing line #12
480: 	Processing line #13
480: 	Processing line #14
480: 	Processing line #15
480: 	Processing line #16
480: 	Processing line #17
480: 	Processing line #18
480: 	Processing line #19
480: 	Processing line #20
480: 	Processing line #21
480: 	Processing line #22
480: 	Processing line #23
480: 	Processing line #24
480: 	Processing line #25
480: 	Processing line #26
480: 	Processing line #27
480: 	Processing line #28
480: 	Processing line #29
480: 	Processing line #30
480: 	Processing line #31
480: 	Processing line #32
480: 	Processing line #33
480: 	Processing line #34
480: 	Processing line #35
480: 	Processing line #36
480: 	Processing line #37
480: 	Processing line #38
480: 	Processing line #39
480: 	Processing line #40
480: 	Processing line #41
480: 	Processing line #42
480: 	Processing line #43
480: 	Processing line #44
480: 	Processing line #45
480: 	Processing line #46
480: 	Processing line #47
480: 	Processing line #48
480: 	Processing line #49
480: 	Processing line #50
480: 	Processing line #51
480: 	Processing line #52
480: 	Processing line #53
480: eof_set_display_mode() entered
480: eof_window_create() entered
480: eof_scale_fretboard() entered
480: eof_load_data() entered
480: eof_init_colors() entered
480: eof_undo_reset() entered
480: 	Initializing audio
480: eof_mix_init() entered
480: 	Checking for crash recovery files
480: 	Entering main program loop

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Basically what azrael said. The crash recovery is working, but its getting annoying when i tab alot with guitar pro. Thecrashes are just random.

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Just out of interest I tried alt+tab in Win7 with 1369 (I normally just use mouse clicks too) and it works perfectly.

Must be a Win8 problem...

One of many, many problems with Win8.  The first time I used my kids laptop with Win8 I had to ask her how to turn the bloody thing off :D

Btw. will there ever be an update that removes (or lets us turn off) the following behaviour?

A input box is selected just by hovering over it with the mouse. Quite often I find myself clicking on one box and then letting go of my mouse. But because it is wired and there is sometimes tension on the cable, the mouse itself slightly moves sometimes. Because of that, now a different box is selected, for example in the edit chord fingerings dialog.

Or I simply move the mouse myself after clicking in the box to be able to view its content.

I just realized that this has been bugging me for a very long time, but I never actually mentioned it :)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Yes, that behaviour is bugging me as well. I figured that had to do with the graphics engine that is used by EoF.

Also, I now have another bug regarding truncating short notes (this is in 4/4 time signature):

http://puu.sh/fjuf1/f15e7267df.png/ss%20%282015-02-01%20at%2006.52.01%29.png

Shorter notes than that are truncated, though:

http://puu.sh/fjuFf/244328b9fb.png/ss%20%282015-02-01%20at%2006.56.02%29.png

Guess it's another math error?

What I think might be another tiny bug:

When I apply a handshape to a set of notes that are positioned on different frets, the function that generates the frethand positions ignores the handshape ghost chord and creates different positions for all the notes within the handshape.

Regards,

Azrael

Btw. will there ever be an update that removes (or lets us turn off) the following behaviour?

A input box is selected just by hovering over it with the mouse.

I'm not sure if there's a way I can prevent that, but I can look into it.

Also, I now have another bug regarding truncating short notes (this is in 4/4 time signature)

The next hotfix should correct the logic, let me know if it's still not working then.

When I apply a handshape to a set of notes that are positioned on different frets, the function that generates the frethand positions ignores the handshape ghost chord and creates different positions for all the notes within the handshape.

I don't understand, could you post a screen capture or something?

Sure, here are two screenshots:

1. This is the automatic result:

gen_frethand_auto.png

2. And this is how it is supposed to look:

gen_frethand_correct.png

My suggestion is that the fret hand position should not be allowed to change within a single handshape - since, obviously, the finger positions don't change.

But in this extreme cas with wide stretches, there are different fret positions within a single handshape.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1370) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug with the new "GP import truncates short notes" preference handling from r1368.

*Fixed a bug where moving notes by grid snap didn't cause EOF to recreate highlighting, if applicable, for notes that are no longer out of grid snap.

For the folks using Windows 8, assuming the program still crashes when using ALT+Tab, please send me the log file as it is after the crash so I can determine what to do next.

• Like 1

The logging shows that EOF lost the foreground focus and regained it twice before the logging stopped (ie. program crashed). It only indicated it detected the ALT+Tab combination once though, did you use ALT+Tab once to change out of EOF and then again to change back in? Dos the crash occur as EOF leaves the foreground, as it re-enters the foreground or both?

r1353 added some logic so that when EOF re-enters the foreground, it polls the keyboard and waits until Tab is not held down before handling input normally. If you use the base RC10 release (no hotfixes applied), does the crash still happen?

I haven't updated my EOF in quite awhile im just wodering Is their anyway to make the Wavform Graph look like

this -

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l486/sharkman8282/1.png

Instead of this - 

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l486/sharkman8282/2.png

I have a much harder time figuring out if its insync with the newer version's. I've been using Version r1232 for a long time. if i can change the way the graph works ill use the newer verion.

Thanks

I just relized i put this in the wrong place oops

Edited by Sharkman828