Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Even with that folder name, it works on my dev computer (Windows XP x64). However I did reproduce the problem on a Windows 7 x64 computer I tried. My dev computer is set to Japanese locale, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'll try to see what I can find out, but it just may be a limitation with how Allegro works in Windows 7.

I found another GP import bug:

http://puu.sh/cD5H2/a21d57b602.png/ss%20%282014-11-04%20at%2006.07.00%29.png

As you can see, bar 161 imports correctly, but bar 162 is missing one chord. Also happens at bar 163 and bar 166. It also goes out of sync by a few bars around bar 166.

I've uploaded the GP file here for you to look at: https://www.sendspace.com/file/bapkut.

EoF file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j76e1sgpfc8b12b/Mayan%20-%20Paladins%20Of%20Deceit%20%28Pro%29.eof?dl=0

Accompanying .ogg file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/igpclk05gdbnikf/guitar.ogg?dl=0

I think I've found a similar bug. Looks like it has to do with non 4/4 time signatures.

This one's a midi import bug though:

http://puu.sh/dbMEd/2b967273a4.png/ss%20%282014-11-30%20at%2008.33.52%29.png

Is getting imported as:

http://puu.sh/dbMyX/197ca86197.png

In short: time signature changes are not imported at the right bars, and there's a BPM change imported right before some of these time signature changes. It happens usually when going from 13/8 to 7/4, but not always. It's... random?

The gp5 file is here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/el1bjp

The midi file is here (made from the gp5 file using guitar pro 6): https://www.sendspace.com/file/321n2b

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1363) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a warning during save if any lyrics have extended ASCII or Unicode characters, as these aren't compatible with various rhythm games.

*Removed the prompt asking the offset to be reset to zero during save, as it was determined to be unnecessary.

*Removed usage of ustrncpy(), as EOF's strings and relevant logic are not taking Unicode character size into account and this causes buffer overflows when Allegro detects the string as being Unicode.

*Added functions to a Note>Rocksmith>Handshape menu to mark a "handshape" phrase, which will export to RS2 XML similarly to arpeggios, but without the "-arp" on the chord name, so it can be made to look like a highlighted chord section with no chord name. The keyboard shortcut assigned to mark/unmark this phrase type is CTRL+SHIFT+H, and toggle pinch harmonic's shortcut has been changed to SHIFT+H.

• Like 8

EOF doesn't currently have a way to disable that. I suppose I could make it a toggle-able preference whether to export FoF style MIDI files, but nobody had asked for something like that before. Creating charts for Frets on Fire was EOF's original purpose.

If you wanted to tweak the code yourself in the meantime, you can look at menu\file.c. In the eof_save_helper() function there's a call to eof_export_midi(). You can just comment out the entire if{} block involved with it and that should disable the FoF exports.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the handshape feature. This gives a much cleaner look ingame than arpeggios, very nice!

Also, of course, thank you very much for the removal of the offset prompt.

Awesome update :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Now if there was a way to force RS to display a chord name, even when there is no chord, at the beginning of these handshape features...

I know you can get phantom chord boxes from arpeggios, but I hate arpeggios in RS14 - they are more confusing than they are helpful.  A nice highlighted chord section (as per your update) with a chord name at the beginning (with no chord box) would be fkn awesome, and something I think Ubi should introduce to the next iteration of RS.

And thanks for your continued support, it means a lot to us man :D

• Like 1

Had a weird bug, on Free Speech for the dumb, when I imported the guitar pro file.. it changed all the bend strengths to double what they were in the guitar pro file. 1 became 2, 2 became 4 and 3 became 6. Also did the same on all the tech note bends.

When a bend gets imported with tech-notes (which is great), the regular note is still marked as a bend.

Therefore on save you get the warning "one bend doesn't define it's bend strength" for all those bends.

I have to go through all the bends and toggle off the bend.

Would it be possible to import tech-note enabled bends without the regular (undefined) bend strength in the first place?

Regards,

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Is this new with r1363?  I have only made one song so far using it and there were no bends...

The regular note has always had a bend definition (as well as tech note) but I only get that warning when there is a genuine error.

I think one or more of your tech notes are effecting the non bend notes directly after them.  Tech notes can be quite a mess on import and sometimes they hide underneath each other.  In complex solo they can snap onto the noext note (which is not a bend) and I think this is what caused the message on save.

I have actually started erasing a lot of tech notes in complex solos (Stairway to Heaven Live) because I cannot zoom in and get them where I want/need them.  The old logic still works - if the normal note has a bend but there are no tech notes on the bend then the bend is defined as 1/3 of the way into the sustain.

Much easier to do it this way for rapidly repeating bend notes, or even a series of prebends (just have the sustains as length 1).

Out of interest, if anyone wants to see the handshape feature in action

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/homesick-r10293

Well, the thing I am talking about is quite easy to reproduce, even without importing anything:

1. Put a note somewhere
  2. Ctrl+B to toggle bend on, hit enter without setting any value
  3. Save -> error: "one bend doesn't define it's bend strength"
  4. Put tech note bends in the sustain of the note above
  5. Save -> error: "one bend doesn't define it's bend strength"
  6. Ctrl+B to toggle bend of regular note off
  7. Save -> no errors

My assumption is that on import EOF does steps 1,2 and 4. It would be better if only 1 and 4 were done.

It's expected that if the note is marked as a bend but has no bend strength formally defined that this warning would be given. Guitar Pro files are supposed to give a summarized bend strength though, so maybe this value isn't provided by the author. If you can provide that GP file I can check it out.

The warning is of course very useful, I'm not doubting that!

Maybe the problem is with TuxGuitar?

Even the simplest example produces the same result. I opened a new file and inserted one bend and one prebend:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8722253/Rocksmith%20CDLC/bendtest.gp5

They both get imported without the summarized bend strength.

Thanks!

PS: While you're at it: I've added a tremolo picked note to the file, because the tremolo is not imported, too.

I've fixed the bend issue, it will now determine the bend strength for the base note automatically. As for the tremolo status, it actually is being imported, but the documented behavior of Guitar Pro import when the "GP import replaces active track" preference is disabled is to make the tremolo phrase difficulty-specific (instead of applying to all difficulties). This does mean that the tremolo phrase will only be visible if you remove the track's difficulty limit. This is a bit confusing, but it's the best balance I could come up with since for Rocksmith, each difficulty needs to have its own tremolo statuses independent of other difficulties, and this is the opposite of how tremolo phrases work in Rock Band 3 (apply to all difficulties). I did fix some other tremolo GP import issues just now though.

Discussing the custom inlay problem (sometimes on/sometimes off) I was wondering if there is any kind of maxfret value in the XML export of arrangements from EoF?

I presume that EoF imports the maxfret value of the GP guitar track from GP?  Just wondering if the same value is exported somehow...

I think that the inlays don't load, and hence cause arrangement freezes with new arrangements numbers (new customs), because it is trying to load a 24 fret inlay onto something which the game is being told is <24 frets.

Also might explain why sometimes the inlays don't load.

There's no XML value I'm aware of that indicates the highest used fret number in the arrangement. Internally, EOF has a default maximum fret value for each of the pro guitar/bass tracks, but it will adjust them automatically when a Guitar Pro file is imported.

Ever since I got this latest update riff repeater doesnt work in my customs.  When I choose a section to practice and hit start riff repeater it loads the section but its paused and not moving and then it goes warp speed through the song to that section and then pauses again.  Does anyone have any idea what could cause that?