Any word or rumblings on the next version of Rocksmith?

kring

Question

Curious if anyone heard anything on the next version of the game? I had heard way back that they were not planning on doing regular releases and gave the impression it could be years before we see the next game.  Anything new?

Curious what others would look for in the new game? I personally would love to see the following in a new version of the game

1. Introduce Keyboards - the more I learn about music, the more I find keyboards are spread throughout every song. and keyboards by default have a digital midi/USB connection and would easily be able to be incorporated into the existing game.
  2. I'd like them to actually have an entire section dedicated to learning music theory and doing real musical education. I think they nailed teaching you the mechanics/technicals... but fall really short on any music education... In order to really learn guitar at some point you have to start learning the theory and the names of the notes. without this you can never really expand beyond playing the game by yourself in the basement, the musical world all speaks in terms of Key's, Notes, progressions, etc.. and Rocksmith isn't friendly to that speak.
  3. With the above, you should be able to switch to having the ability to play with notes instead of finger positions, e.g. G, D, G, C similar to chords, but show me the actual note name coming down the highway
  4. Riff Repeater needs to be improved, It  should let you set the loop points A & B and they should be settable note to note and not sections, it should be easier to pause & continue, and slow down and speed up. I still think it's 10 fold better than original, but it has a lot of room for improvement. and they absolutely still have the keys backwards on the keyboard. left goes right, right goes left... makes no sense how they arranged the keys when doing riff repeater.
  5. Lastly, I think a huge addition would be to incorporate music composition and creation and build out some songs myself, or have a suite of tools to easily make tabs in the game by maybe laying a drum track, playing some chords (which it can recognize) and then going back through and adding a solo, or additional fill tracks and stuff.. it should be able to do it all by simply recording what I play and turning that into a new CDLC, it would need some way to edit or fix notes.  

Just some thoughts - would really love to see them take it to the next level.

• Like 3

I never got into session mode, I liked the concept but not the way they implemented it. Rather then it laying down a backing track and stick with that, it's more freee-flowy, it stops & starts, changes pace.. I get the dynamic aspect, but dynamic is exactly what a guitarist DOES'T want... we rely on a solid bass/drum line to be laid down.   I'd like the to focus more on the backing tracks concept, and use the AI to add drum fills, keyboard solo's, beat change-ups and such.

Another item;  I'd really love if they could find a way to either noise cancel out or minimize the guitar/bass in the original song, or develop some backing tracks that don't have the part you are playing. it would be nice to have more of a role in the overall sound. Rather then just take a raw MP3, I wish they would get the studio tracks and separate out each recording track so that we can be one of the tracks vs. just playing along with an existing song. I'd be surprised if the artist wouldn't support access to the original records.

• Like 1

Oh no please,no more crappy plastic instruments again  :angry:. RB and GH are gone for good and thanxs for that. I was one of those dummies that even  buy DJ hero.Duh. You people are losing focus. RS with it's hits and misses is way worthy than those child stuff because is the real deal for learning an instrument. I you want to play games online go and get COD or Diablo or Battlefield. There alot of those crap games online to choose from, just don't mention them here,please? :mellow:

• Like 1

I never got into session mode, I liked the concept but not the way they implemented it. Rather then it laying down a backing track and stick with that, it's more freee-flowy, it stops & starts, changes pace.. I get the dynamic aspect, but dynamic is exactly what a guitarist DOES'T want... we rely on a solid bass/drum line to be laid down.   I'd like the to focus more on the backing tracks concept, and use the AI to add drum fills, keyboard solo's, beat change-ups and such.

Did you know you can set the dynamic to "robot" (or something like that)? The feature of a "perfect" drummer who does never change the pace is already there!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Did you know you can set the dynamic to "robot" (or something like that)? The feature of a "perfect" drummer who does never change the pace is already there!

No, I hadn't see that setting, I'll have to check that out, thx.

on your recording point, would like to see that as well, add in a studio mixing type thing where you could lay down (robot) drum line, then play & record bass, go back and lay rhythm, then a screaming solo...  

I also think they should partner up with some major hardware companies like Avid, Presonus, Apogee, etc.. and open up the interface instead of requiring just a realtone cable.  I get their concern of being wide open and the support nightmare, but they could easily open up to certain "certified" products so those that have and want to use good gear... can.

I second five and seven string guitars.

I would really like to see drums getting added, a multiplayer option even if only over lan to reduce the lag would be cool as you could have two pc's side by side.

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

I'd just like a patch to the current version. Would love a fast forward feature and some kind of a shortcut to adjust the volume controls (instead of digging them from the mixer menu), and a couple of bugs need squashing.

That's not to say I wouldn't check out a new RS version immediately :P

No, I hadn't see that setting, I'll have to check that out, thx.

on your recording point, would like to see that as well, add in a studio mixing type thing where you could lay down (robot) drum line, then play & record bass, go back and lay rhythm, then a screaming solo...  

I also think they should partner up with some major hardware companies like Avid, Presonus, Apogee, etc.. and open up the interface instead of requiring just a realtone cable.  I get their concern of being wide open and the support nightmare, but they could easily open up to certain "certified" products so those that have and want to use good gear... can.

Apogee? haha wow. that brings me back to my youth. are they even still around?

I second five and seven string guitars.

I would really like to see drums getting added, a multiplayer option even if only over lan to reduce the lag would be cool as you could have two pc's side by side.

I thought RockSmith included multiplayer support? - Locally anyways?

User definable chord progressions in session mode. ie DIY Jam tracks in your choice of key.

A "Section Accelerator mode*" (*TM by moi*) in riff repeater, where you play through at your best speed the first time, then next time individual sections are played slightly faster than you can handle. ie: in a song with a dozen sections, it might go something like: 25% speed for the first 15s, 90% for the next 30s, 33% for the solo, 100% for the next part...  If the game "remembers" you could even tell it to skip the parts you have greater than 95% (or 65% or some other user defined %) mastered, and just mash together the sections you aren't good enough at.

Having "bullet time" or a decelerator that could detect  when you've gone off the rails, and slows the song until you recover might be useful too.

Specific to the Scale Racing Game, I'd like to see a car able to take "progressive damage" ie: a 3 lives, you're out setup instead of insta-death.

• Like 1

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

I can't get the point of this topic. RS 2014 users bored already? Maybe you notice that learning guitar isn't  as esy as you though,ha,ha,ha. :D First of all I don't think a new RS is going to be better than now. Well isn't like is perfect but what else do you need more in first place?.Musical theory isn't going to make you a better guitar player. If you want to improve yourself ,you need more time.This is the same case for everybody and every learning method for guitar and bass around.There's not bad methods for learning guitar but there's always bad students in everything.

Jimmi Hendrix, BB King,Tony Iommy are some examples of famous guitar players who don't base their music succes in theory and stuff. But for guitar players who want to focus in classical music well that would explain their desires.

For those who want to play online like guitar hero,let me tell you something,you people are more interested in playing online with someother people than actually learning guitar or bass.Face it and just go for something else if learning guitar/bass isn't really your stuff. Take a deep breath and ask yourselves if you really want that or just have a good time playing a videogame?. :)

Me in personal I would like  the guitar hero experinece again.In anycase, like someone have noticed,if were'nt going to pass from the guitar hero experience and probably not going to play live in front of real people,then I would like to play in front of a virtual crowd like in the first one what's a good thing and still like it, that staying far behind in a crowd of stoned lsd fog,just recalling you that you are dreaming in the game... itself? Dang. :o That sucks.

I would like to see a metronome, after 2 years of playing solely wiht the games, I was told that I need a metronome because I was asynched.And finally I would like to see a band session with customizable song samples of your own. Band session for today is boring. And more minigames like scale warriors or dawn of the chordead,most  new minigames of last one are horrible.

I would like to see a metronome

Might I point you in the direction of this tutorial?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

How about using the arrow keys for riff repeater? I want to smack the as...well lets say the way it is implemented is confusing. Arrow keys to go left right and arrow keys to zoom in and out. Simple.

Also when I say exit. Freaking exit. Never say continue to exit. I accidentally hit cancel and it re-logs in. Seriously give me quit to desktop option.

And return the replay option. Seriously it is a valuable tool.

A missed note counter when playing outside of riff repeater. Sometimes its hard to read the little text that says "late" or "missed".

When I change path I have to hit a different key to exit. Does anyone give this a usability test before shipping?

Ok I feel better!

• Like 1

Guys,

you should post your ideas in the official feedback thread (instead, or at least in addition to) posting them here^^

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/439984-Rocksmith-2014-Official-Gameplay-Feedback-Thread?s=abba3bae062ba2dac88064893044ee7c

Dan actually reads those from time to time, it seems.

• Like 1

Hate reviving an old thread - but i think it's still an open topic and better to keep it all in one place... just wondering if anyone has heard anything new on the next version?

The sound bug doesn't appear as long as you use the delete button instead of the escape key.

What's that Sound bug?

Riff Repeator should have options to :

stop - forward - rewind, select starting and ending point A to B (and not depend on sectors predefined)

display notes also as a real guitar tablature (top horizontal scrolling), zoom in and out.

turn off Dynamic Difficulty.

hide known notes, to make it easier to play it from memory.

And then, at Ubisoft, did they ever hear about "plugins" in many music software, except RS ?

I would like to use an Amplitube plugin.

Yes, if they don't keep backwards compatibility of .pscarc, their new baby might be stillborn.

And If they add an instrument, it better be drums, the only reason I go back to RB3, sometimes.

• Administrator

The sound bug appear when using the escape key to get out of the riff repeater interface and seems to weirdly modify the sound/tone volume (with the effect probably used when entering the riff repeater) but i've never had the bug when using the delete key to come back to the song.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I think everybody see now, that if somebody sit and play a game for a week, than take 5 minutes, he can generate a bunch of really good features to add to rocksmith... But do you really think that Ubisoft is soo lazy that they can't use this week before? It is always the same situation: their goal is not make a killer-music-teaching thing, but earn as much money as possible by making us update more and more. So I'm sure they already have a list of "innovations" for next 2-3 rocksmith releases. Look for example on changes between first RS and RS 2014, the only real thing was a Session Mode and improved detection of pitch and techniques used, everything else was a fixing of baby mistakes done in RS12 like long song loading, too complex menus with a lot of delay on animation, some obvious improvements on showing a music tab. Where the smithyanvil forums? there were such topic with a lot of ideas years ago. And for those who think that RS Cable is something supe-puper, I can say that Rocksmith differs this cable from any another windows sound recording device ONLY by checking it's vendor ID (every USB device has it).

Really, I believe that sometime we will get community rocksmith analog, like Phase Shift, Frets on Fire were made to continue RockBand and GuitarHero ideas. Phase Shift even supports midi keyboards and that midi RockBand promode guitars. I can say Phase Shift within 2 years have get much more functionality than Rockband.

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)