Any word or rumblings on the next version of Rocksmith?

kring

Question

Curious if anyone heard anything on the next version of the game? I had heard way back that they were not planning on doing regular releases and gave the impression it could be years before we see the next game.  Anything new?

Curious what others would look for in the new game? I personally would love to see the following in a new version of the game

1. Introduce Keyboards - the more I learn about music, the more I find keyboards are spread throughout every song. and keyboards by default have a digital midi/USB connection and would easily be able to be incorporated into the existing game.
  2. I'd like them to actually have an entire section dedicated to learning music theory and doing real musical education. I think they nailed teaching you the mechanics/technicals... but fall really short on any music education... In order to really learn guitar at some point you have to start learning the theory and the names of the notes. without this you can never really expand beyond playing the game by yourself in the basement, the musical world all speaks in terms of Key's, Notes, progressions, etc.. and Rocksmith isn't friendly to that speak.
  3. With the above, you should be able to switch to having the ability to play with notes instead of finger positions, e.g. G, D, G, C similar to chords, but show me the actual note name coming down the highway
  4. Riff Repeater needs to be improved, It  should let you set the loop points A & B and they should be settable note to note and not sections, it should be easier to pause & continue, and slow down and speed up. I still think it's 10 fold better than original, but it has a lot of room for improvement. and they absolutely still have the keys backwards on the keyboard. left goes right, right goes left... makes no sense how they arranged the keys when doing riff repeater.
  5. Lastly, I think a huge addition would be to incorporate music composition and creation and build out some songs myself, or have a suite of tools to easily make tabs in the game by maybe laying a drum track, playing some chords (which it can recognize) and then going back through and adding a solo, or additional fill tracks and stuff.. it should be able to do it all by simply recording what I play and turning that into a new CDLC, it would need some way to edit or fix notes.  

Just some thoughts - would really love to see them take it to the next level.

• Like 3

• Administrator

Ubisofts Rocksmith Developer working on a new AAA game

With that out of the way, I'd love to see Keyboards, 7 and 5 string support.
The ability to create custom playlists. The option to hide songs, stuff like that.

• Like 2

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Those are great ideas. Mechanics wise I'd like to see some simple things.

Sorting and filtering, so after you have selected your favorites you can sort and/or filter by all the options: tuning, lead/rhythm/bass, artist, genre, or a way to hide songs that aren't in favorites and then do the sorting.

Easier way to swap paths, show which paths are available for a song, maybe a way to choose which path of the song you want to play right there in your song list, and the option to filter out songs not available for my path.

Navigation without the keyboard/mouse. I load RS up on my laptop so I can set it up at friends houses and it is a pain to sit near the laptop and change songs. Even at home with my wireless keyboard it has to be in reach all the time. It wouldn't work while playing a song, but they could make different strings navigate a little bit while choosing songs. This one of course is the least important, but would be handy.

Now these are probably mostly related to the fact that I have 700 customs loaded for my game (after dividing my DLC into a good folder and a crap folder), and I just leave it sorted by favorites all the time. Of course, the RS team may not see any reason to add these.

• Like 1

Rockband figured out how to do it, though (multiplayer).

I'm still feeling tragic that they just abandoned the whole series of RB/GH games even though there was/is a huge player base.  They made money off of every new song they put as DLC, I hope someday another version will come out, or someone else will pick up the ball.

I didn't mind the plastic instruments.  I'm a singer and a keys player, and I'm taking guitar lessons, and tried the drums. 

The best part was that you had the multiplayer - chatting with 3 other band members between songs in a setlist was amazingly fun and a great musical outlet!  Now I have this and am really learning guitar, but if we're listing "would be nice"'s those are mine.  :)

Karen

SecretSelf

HiddenKaren

• Like 1

Not really the same, Rock Band fires off MIDI samples. Rocksmith uses real time audio interpretation 

Theres a PC application out there called Ejamming that lets you Jam/Record with others in real time without any delay so I don't see why Multiplayer can't be done. Theres a free trial, give it a try. :P

Not really the same, Rock Band fires off MIDI samples. Rocksmith uses real time audio interpretation 

Theres a PC application out there called Ejamming that lets you Jam/Record with others in real time without any delay so I don't see why Multiplayer can't be done. Theres a free trial, give it a try. :P

If you watch this video, you'll see that ejamming really isn't as "real time" as you're thinking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKyDzSaS4h0#t=27

• Like 1

If you watch this video, you'll see that ejamming really isn't as "real time" as you're thinking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKyDzSaS4h0#t=27

Hrm I suppose. Though I tried it with a friend without hitting the record button and we we're jamming at the same time with what seemed like no latency. If you havent tried it out I still recommend giving it a shot

• Administrator

You can't have zero latency over internet communication whatever kind of information you pass through. You can create some impression of zero latency by some tricks over the information each one send and receive but it's mostly delaying all information so that they end are handled at the same time by the server. It's almost impossible to go under 5ms of latency when we talk about multiplayer game with a very limited amount of information.

I don't say that i wouldn't be nice, but it's at the moment technically dangerous to do that in the game and a bad multiplayer experience is worse than no experience at all...

And on the other hand it's way better to play right next to each other than over the internet where you lose a big part of what's fun in jamming together in my opinion ;)

• Like 4

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

eJamming has lots of latency issues.  Their Software Features list even acknowledges it by trying to claim its a "near latency free feel".

However, if you read some reviews about it, most people who have used it say the latency issues are pretty bad and make it hard to use.  30 to 100ms delay, and it gets greater the more distance there is between players.

Online multiplayer would be nice, but as firekorn said above, it's much more satisfying to jam along with people who are actually in the room with you.

• Like 1

Ah okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the information guys I really appreciate it.

I had stumbled across the program the other day so I figured i'd share. 

I agree jamming in person is the way to go, but when that just isn't possible it is nice to have a program like this that you can fall back on.

I don't get to see alot of the old people I used to jam with because after college everyone starts moving away etc.

Still can hope for a Multiplayer mode eventually :P lol 

Tlaking about multiplayer, I'd like to see it support multiple monitors for multiplayer, and as it already supports mic, bring actual vocal learning. Maybe drums (drum mania style) and keyboard (synthesia)support as well with lessons.

Actually what I want is what we had in Rock Band but with actual instruments : P

We Just need a Rocksmith festival & 1000's of ubi bus tour for multiplayer..

http://www.ideactif.fr/images/_thumbs/rocksmith-ideactif-miniature4-photo_petite.jpg

http://www.geekandgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/RocksmithTour_MokeUp.jpg

& Drums implementation (my neighborhood will Just kill me).

• Like 1

@@missis sumner: Guitar with fix bridge/without tremolo don't need to be retuned on every strings when you drop them.

I always have to retune my bass?  Am I doing it wrong?

The ability to override tuning would be nice, especially if play several songs in a row.  I just want to play it, sure it might sound odd, but if you don't care and just want to have it in the rotation of songs, then why not just click a box to ignore it.

If anything besides multi player, I'd like to see even more tone slots, sometimes 4 feels a bit limited.

Also the keyboard support would be really nice, I mean I have synesthesia, but it would be better if I could listen to an mp3 of the song instead of a MIDI file playing in the background.

And finally, being able to edit the tones that a songs uses would be amazing to me.

• Like 1