why cant people just use dropbox or google

thedude91

Question

seriously I keep finding great songs that I wanna learn but some of you people use the shadiest sites.  
mediafire might be well know but its still full of ads, then there are plenty of other no name back alley sites that yall seem to use.
its not like your getting a share of the advertisement money so why don't you people use dropbox and/or google.

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

• Administrator

God I despise mediafire. I usually download cdlc during my twitch stream and for some reason mediafire downloads at like 5kbs. Soooooo slow.

I've personally never had this issue. I use chrome w/ adblock plus and my mediafire downloads are instant.

I would do a traceroute to mediafire and possibly contact your ISP.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Chrome with Adblock also stops all of the ads on mediafire.  I have been running adblock for so long that I really wasn't aware that it was a problem.  I ran out of space on dropbox pretty quickly so I started using mediafire about a year ago due to the increased storage I have there.

Another feature I like about mediafire is that I can see how many times a file has been downloaded.

• Like 1

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

Yeah, dropbox ftw, it's more convenient than these ad sites.

It's probably not worth the trouble for the admins, but just as a thought, I think it would be cool if Customsforge would host these files. It'd allow a direct download button and possibly some other cool features, and the files aren't too big I think. I'm aware it might mean bigger server costs, but maybe we could donate to the cause? :)

Mediafire uses progressive throttling..  if you download only a few files, you wont see a decrease in speed, but once you start mass downloading mediafire responds by increased use of captchas and eventually throttling the speed to near 5kps.  One way ive found to get around this is to use a proxy such as hola (not that hola is that great) 

Yeah, dropbox ftw, it's more convenient than these ad sites.

It's probably not worth the trouble for the admins, but just as a thought, I think it would be cool if Customsforge would host these files. It'd allow a direct download button and possibly some other cool features, and the files aren't too big I think. I'm aware it might mean bigger server costs, but maybe we could donate to the cause? :)

It's the bandwidth that would kill us as well, besides the possible infringement issues :P

God I despise mediafire. I usually download cdlc during my twitch stream and for some reason mediafire downloads at like 5kbs. Soooooo slow.

I've personally never had this issue. I use chrome w/ adblock plus and my mediafire downloads are instant.

I would do a traceroute to mediafire and possibly contact your ISP.

I use Firefox with adblock too and my downloads are instatnt too. So strange that people have issues with media fire.All services seems the same too me.But some others like to promote something. :mellow: