Current Help Wanted (Volunteer)

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

Hey all,

It's that time of year again when we need the community's help. All job positions are 100% on your free time with no pay. You're doing this for the love of helping our community.

What we're looking for:

NGINX Server Admin (Linode experience is a plus, but not needed)

Our main administrator is MIA and we're looking for an expert trustworthy server admin to sign up to help us. Your tasks would be to manage 2 servers, the backups, and load balancing.
You would need experience in NGINX Configurations, PHP & MySQL Configs.

Laravel Developers (Or an expert PHP developer who can learn Laravel)

We would love to add an expert PHP developer to our team, someone who knows or can learn Laravel (Ignition's framework). 
We currently have one main coder doing all the work and if we can add another one that would be perfect.

Mobile PHP/JS Developers

We're currently looking on improving our framework for mobile. If you're an expert at mobile UX/UI design, please feel free to sign up.

IP.Board Skin or Mod Development

We're also looking for someone who can make our forums look and run better.

C# App Development
We're looking for volunteers experienced in c#

C# UX/UI Designer

We're looking for an UX/UI designer for c#

Your Skill not listed? But you still think you can help? Please select "Other" and feel free to submit your application anyways. You never know what we need!

Ready to apply? Please submit your application here

Benefits:

Moderation - You're able to help maintain the website & forums
Slack - We use slack to communicate to all staff members.

Give Back - Volunteering to improve CF helps everyone. 

Meetings - Help give input during meetings which can influence future changes here.

Resume - Any work here can be put on your resume (We've successfully helped a couple of staff members get hired by using their work here as an example on their resume.)

And more!

Filled Positions:

Moderators

Requirements:

Over 150 posts, Member for at least 4 months. 18+, Active daily on the website, engaging with good attitude towards others. Helpful and fluent with Rocksmith.

• Like 5

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

C# .NET/MySQL/MSSQL/PHP Developer (profession) + Dedicated server admin (hobbyist) here. I've asked if you need help few times, but no one seemed to care, so I was quite disapointed and I've never brought this topic again. 

• Like 1

EVERYONE KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DON’T, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP, LISTEN, AND LEARN. AND IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT.

• Administrator

Well we did have former staff here who went MIA, if we have positions filled we stop hiring obviously. It's nothing against you.

Now we're open, please resubmit your application. I'd like to do an interview with you @@Darjusz

• Like 3

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

But completely ignoring my free will of helping without even informing that you're full isn't anything good, right...? ;) Anyway, to not to sound like a douche I didn't worry and care, so no grief.  It's nothing against you.

Now, before I will submit my application, you need to know, that if you are looking for full commitment from my side you won't get it. I have my own life, as all of us here do, so please don't expect me to be for your every demand. It's hard to tie up everything that I do and want for the day, not mentioning random events preventing me from being available. I also want to know the current state of the infrastructure along with roadmap on what you're planning to do and achieve. 

Now that you know that I'm gonna to apply for few positions. :)

Regards,

Darjusz

• Like 1

EVERYONE KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DON’T, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP, LISTEN, AND LEARN. AND IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@@ice9 We need a lead developer to start our app project. If someone was to lead they would have a few other users to assist them (and if we didn't, we would get additional staff to help).

We want a song manager with advanced features. If you're interested please PM me.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

What exactly are you thinking of for the Java development piece?

Dreddfoxx coded a tool for RS2012 which had some nice features and maybe you can get some ideas from it. The threads where users posted suggestions are gone with the old forum.

What are the reasons to use Java? If it's portabillity there are 2 platforms where users might run it - PC and Mac. I don't know if it would take too much effort to code it and port it to OSX as a native app or running a virtual machine.

• Developer

You don't have to convince me on Java - I've been a Java dev for 15+ years  :)  I love doing side projects, but I am trying to figure out if I have time to devote to it right now.

What do you think about me coding the app in C# (already started) and then you porting it to Java + making a cool GUI. I mean, it wouldn't take you as much time as making an app from scratch, but you'd still be doing a nice side project.  :)

(I already started making it and I'm going to talk with Unleashed.)

You don't have to convince me on Java - I've been a Java dev for 15+ years  :)  I love doing side projects, but I am trying to figure out if I have time to devote to it right now.

What do you think about me coding the app in C# (already started) and then you porting it to Java + making a cool GUI. I mean, it wouldn't take you as much time as making an app from scratch, but you'd still be doing a nice side project.   :)

Why not use Mono? http://www.mono-project.com/

• Like 1

• Developer

What do you think about me coding the app in C# (already started) and then you porting it to Java + making a cool GUI. I mean, it wouldn't take you as much time as making an app from scratch, but you'd still be doing a nice side project.   :)

Why not use Mono? http://www.mono-project.com/

I'd like to use WPF, so someone who's good with GUI desinging can make a nice GUI, but Mono doesn't support WPF. I could use WinForms, too, but I think that WPF is better for more complex GUIs...

I'm familiar with WInForms and little WPF, so I can help. And I also recommend staying with C# (+Mono for releases on Linux/Mac). Maybe I could help.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be willing to help as well if you need someone.  Until recently, I was a java developer, and now I do front end stuff at work.  Javascript, React, node, etc.  Let me know!

I'm learning react now, node dev at my workplace currently.

cool stuff!