Link to CDLC Discussion Thread

KJParsley

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi, 

you can click on a row to open the record overlay. On the bottom of this you'll find a button labeled "Record Page". This takes you to the forum page of that song.

Hope this helps!

Actually, I was looking for an easy way to thank the charter for his/her work.  The record page does not give me that option, at least not that I can find.

I would preffer direct link from the record row, your suggestion is quite complicated

consider this scenario and its solutions:

I have list of songs from my favourite interpret and I want to open three threads in new tabs to read them later

ideal procedure, available in good old search

1- middleclick on first song download icon

2- middleclick on second song download icon

3- middleclick on third song download icon

actual procedure in ignition

1- click on first song

2- scrol down the window content (on my ntb with 900 ilnes, on 768 must be much worse

3- search and middleclick on icon to open the thread

4- click outside the window to close it

5- click on second song

6- scrol down the window content

7- search and middleclick on icon to open the thread

8- click outside the window to close it

9- click on third song

10- scrol down the window content

11- search and middleclick on icon to open the thread

4x more actions, clickfest, not to mention the fact, that detail window opened from wide horizontally oriented list on wide horizontally oriented display is designed vertically, does not fit on the page and the Author's notes are only 6 lines high and must by scrolled too...

It was better :)

I'd like to echo the thoughts of had_cb above me - The way I use the old search is that I'll browse through, opening any songs that might interest me in new tabs until I reach the last bolded song (so I know I've looked over everything new). I then go to each tab that I opened, and listen to each song - but doing this in the Ignition search is nowhere near as user-friendly, it takes far more steps for me to browse the way I want to browse.

I agree that it's faster, and it's nice to have a collection of the custom songs you download, but that doesn't really help me when the way I want to browse the songs is not as feasible any more. A direct link in the song listings, like the old search, would make me want to go for this new search without question but right now, without that feature, I'm hesitant to do so.

• Like 1