Donations.

Unleashed2k

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Where has the bar with the donation goal gone ?

Or are the donations now flowing in, making it useless ?

When a goal is complete, it will disappear. A new goal is now up.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I remember that you, @@Unleashed2k, tried to keep a list with every single expense in the very beginning of this site, and that it was just too much work to keep that up to date. But if you listed only the donoation goals, that would be less work, right?

It would be sweet to get acces to such an overview of the donation goals from the past. Maybe divided in "one-time investments" and "continuus payments".

This way we could see what it actually costs per year to keep a site like this alive, and what has been put into improving the service, hence increasing the transparency.

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion the donation goal system itself is already quite transparent. And I will accept if you say that this is too much work as well. But I like the idea to see how much this community spends on this site in total numbers. :-)

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator
Server 10/1/2014 750 Biannually
Development Server 5/?/2014 5 Monthly
Status Server 4/30/2015 37.5 Yearly
Teamspeak 10/27/2014 28.8 Biannually
Mediafire Business 6/15/2014 $65.00 Quarterly
Domains CustomsForge.com 15 Yearly
IP Board Renewals 8/17/2014 $65.00 Biannually
Slack ($8 per user)  @8 $64 Monthly
DeployHQ $6 Monthly
Github $7 Monthly

This list DOES not include other stuff we buy (1 time purchases, script purchases, trying out a new product for CF, etc)

• Like 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Do you have some kind of reserve incase you dont get as many donations in the future as you are currently?  I have no clue how much you are taking in but it looks like a ton of money being spent nonstop on the site upgrades.  I'm poor and don't donate with money just with customs so I really have no reason to have an opinion on it but it would be good to have a small emergency stash incase some of the more generous people disappear right? 

• Like 1

Server 10/1/2014 750 Biannually
Development Server 5/?/2014 5 Monthly
Status Server 4/30/2015 37.5 Yearly
Teamspeak 10/27/2014 28.8 Biannually
Mediafire Business 6/15/2014 $65.00 Quarterly
Domains CustomsForge.com 15 Yearly
IP Board Renewals 8/17/2014 $65.00 Biannually
Slack ($8 per user)  @8 $64 Monthly
DeployHQ $6 Monthly
Github $7 Monthly

This list DOES not include other stuff we buy (1 time purchases, script purchases, trying out a new product for CF, etc)

Thank you very much!

I would just have never imagined that it costs 2984,10 $ per year to keep such a site running. Thats a quite a lot of money!

On the other hand, with 37852 Members, thats only 8 Cent per Member and Year :-)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator

We're looking on bringing the costs down but for right now we're low on donations. We do have a backup just in case there are no donations but we can't rely on that. If donations was all of the sudden dry we would have to cut development costs because keeping the server up is the #1 priority. So when everyone donates you are keeping the site up and the developers happy.

Thank you everyone.

• Like 3

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Besides looking at paypal is there anyway of showing donations in your profile, there is a tab there but it never shows anything, i take it it is for a future feature?

I also just noticed an add at the bottom of the page, never noticed it before .

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• 1 month later...

I have just had to remove the rolling paypal donate as my wife will be loosing a fair old amount of time from work due to just being diagnosed with cancer , i will still donate around pay day but it wont be as much.

If i am able to set up the auto monthly paypal donate how would i go about doing so as there was an option for that when i set it up about 5 months ago but cant find it now.

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

I have just had to remove the rolling paypal donate as my wife will be loosing a fair old amount of time from work due to just being diagnosed with cancer , i will still donate around pay day but it wont be as much.

If i am able to set up the auto monthly paypal donate how would i go about doing so as there was an option for that when i set it up about 5 months ago but cant find it now.

No idea about the auto paypal thing mate, but sorry to hear about the cancer.

Hope the mods don't mind me saying this, but don't worry about the donations here, just concentrate on fighting through it and I hope everything turns out good.

All the best

tris

• Like 1

No idea about the auto paypal thing mate, but sorry to hear about the cancer.

Hope the mods don't mind me saying this, but don't worry about the donations here, just concentrate on fighting through it and I hope everything turns out good.

All the best

tris

She will be fine mate she is a fighter,I would like to do my bit when i can so would still like to know about the rolling donation  payment thing though, I set it up for $15 a month when i joined but that was months ago and now cant find it on paypal anywhere , could be because they changed the layout again lol.

• Like 1

Thanks BakerBauer ,same goes for you father mate give him our best.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

this household too lost a father in law to cancer this past easter sunday, so my feelings go out to those still fighting. do what you can and enjoy the time your given.

i just made another donation the other day, but think i'll shoot another in tonight for the fighters out there.  may not be a whole bunch but I'll add what i can.

• Administrator

Great work!

I do not have paypal but if bitcoin, with which could make a donation to people outside of US is more comfortable.

Regards

PayPal will accept bitcoin later and I'll enable that.

Don't have a PayPal account? 

Use your credit card or bank account (where available).

You can select that option and pay without a paypal account.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

What's the reason for the donation goal jump? Did we add on more things? It was around $250 last month and this month its $650... and February was the big "annual" renewal month.

We didn't get all of Aprils. It's rest of mays + april. It definitely wasn't 250. That 250 was an additional goal.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

Additionally I need to transfer our domains to a new registrar as I am parting ways from my old job and no longer want anything to do with them. So I setup a new goal for that.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 1 month later...

Well my country is banned by PayPal, and there is no option for paying with a gift card in PayPal (technically there is, but it's either Visa gift cards or MasterCard gift cards etc which I can't find where I live). So is there any other method I could contribute to the site? I could buy like an iTunes or Amazon gift card and give it to the admin if that makes "Peon" vanish from my title :)

I'm probably too self-medicated to find an explanation now, but I noticed that the payment displayed is $1.00 and change lower than my actual donation.  Are we paying for Paypal as well now?  It didn't used to be lower than the actual donation.