Donations.

Unleashed2k

Well my country is banned by PayPal, and there is no option for paying with a gift card in PayPal (technically there is, but it's either Visa gift cards or MasterCard gift cards etc which I can't find where I live). So is there any other method I could contribute to the site? I could buy like an iTunes or Amazon gift card and give it to the admin if that makes "Peon" vanish from my title :)

If someone was to approve that (@@Amin gets a promotion then) I could take e.g. BTC in exchange for PP donation, I could do that for $5-10. Could donate some myself at the same time.

Although 'Peon' is according to the post count, right?

• Like 1

I think your worrying too much over this. :(

I was around since Smithy Anvil and then the day this website started working, and I have never donated. It's annoying me to just come here & get everything for free but give back nothing (I'd love to make customs but sadly I don't have any time for that).

Next time I donate I will donate for you. :rolleyes:

I believe if you say your in the USA paypal will work for you.

I have sent money to Iran before using this tactic.

Haha thank you sir there's no need for that ;)

I'll look into it myself in a few weeks after I get past my exams.

• Administrator

So what's the story with the display of the donation amount being slightly smaller than the actual donation amount?

I finally fixed it where it shows the paypal fees. Paypal takes fees out with every donation. We was under the limit of what we needed each month which caused unnecessary extra goals.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 3 months later...

Have you considered other payment methods for donations, so you can avoid the paypal fees?  Like Venmo or Square Cash?

So what's the story with the display of the donation amount being slightly smaller than the actual donation amount?

I finally fixed it where it shows the paypal fees. Paypal takes fees out with every donation. We was under the limit of what we needed each month which caused unnecessary extra goals.

• 1 year later...

For those that want to donate $6.66 (when using PayPal as the processor):

So after my initial donation this month, which I tried to have come out as $105.70 (see my profile if you want to know why)- I figured I'd back calculate and figure out how to advise people to donate $6.66 as a fun way to encourage people to make a small donation if they can-

So at first I calculated the "fee" off of my original donation, where the amount I donated was $105.70, but that showed as only $102.33, which gave a "fee" rate.  However using that fee rate, I calculated that it would take a donation of $6.90 to show a donation of $6.66 after the fee- but it didn't, it showed a donation of $6.40.  My guess is that the fee paypal charged was different based on the amount.

Using this new 'rate' I calculated what to donate to get $6.66 after fee.  After making that donation, I discovered there must be a floating point issue (due to the precision I used I guess), and I was off by one penny.

*** SO, if you want to donate and have it show up as a donation of $6.66, you have to donate $7.17, and after the fees are taken, on the CustomsForge page it will show a donation of $6.66.  Enjoy. ***

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

i don't have a paypal account but if buying a couple t-shirts from amazon will help that will be my donation. thanks

Thanks!

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Got my shirts the other day. Nice. My wife like it too. Thanks!

Awesome!! Love to hear this. We'll add more in the future

• Like 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 1 year later...

Is there a breakdown of how the donated money is spent? I tried to look for it but couldn't find it. I think it would encourage more people to donate if the information was out in the open.

Basically it all goes to cover the maintenance costs of the servers, as it is not hosted by ourselves. If there are extra costs we try to cover them with them too (or out of pocket if it's necessary). There is more information in the April Fool's newsletter as Unleashed2k (founder) explains it.

Hope this helps!  :)

• Administrator

I get an error from paypal when I attempt to donate, do you think that's on my end or yours?

It sounds like your end since we're still getting donations. You can try sending it to unleashed2k@gmail.com and add your username as a note, then PM me as well on here or discord and I'll add it to the system.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)