Donations.

Unleashed2k

Umm , yeah . You kind of should leave it open for donations. In theory the more money you have available the longer the site can run. I helped with a major gaming clan many years ago and as the clan, grew so did the expense. We even started selling clan merchandise to help with the funding, and that's when it went south. The 2 founding members had very different ideas of what to do with the profits from selling merchandise. One wanted to put it all back to the clan site and servers, the other wanted to pocket it, and BOOM, a major gaming clan was destroyed. you guys have 7200 + members already, I expect it will slow after the wave of changeovers nears an end but it is growing FAST.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I think he is trying to be open where the funds go. If all things are paid up he don't need anymore donations. Once those funds get low he will open the donations back up. He don't want any drama. This is not a for profit website. It is for the love of music and Rocksmith

This is what happened to you clan site and you can see where that went. Not trying to be a dick but this is the way I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chastise me . :-P.

• Like 1

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

• Administrator

I think he is trying to be open where the funds go. If all things are paid up he don't need anymore donations. Once those funds get low he will open the donations back up. He don't want any drama. This is not a for profit website. It is for the love of music and Rocksmith

This is what happened to you clan site and you can see where that went. Not trying to be a dick but this is the way I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chastise me . :-P.

You are entirely correct. We already have WAY more than we know what to do with and we don't want this to turn into a situation where accusations happen and fingers get pointed. 

Attitude - Maybe your gaming clan site kept needing that money and you were in need of a steady stream of it - we aren't. We only ask for what we absolutely need and nothing more.

• Like 1

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

• Administrator

I have donated but it's not indicating that I have done so. That's if it's meant to?

I have to do it manually - it's a pain in the ass :(

Yes, it was very expensive to run multiple gaming servers, along with a complex website. I fully understand the concept of keeping the funding at only what you need, I just hope it doesn't become a money problem for you. With 7200 members and still growing, getting enough donations when needed shouldn't be an issue and I really appreciate the transparency as to where the money is going. That's a good thing. Keep up the good work. Gonna kick in a few $'s and do my part as soon as I'm done here. I don't want to be a leacher. Good job folks, so far I'm digging it.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Speaking of uses for donations and future costs: I've come across this...

Website you were trying to visit was disabled for 5 minutes, because it received over 20% of total server requests.
It means that this website was using over 20% of processor resources, which is above allowed limit.
Website was temporary disabled to protect server from overloading and other websites on server.
Please try again in 5 minutes.

...a couple of times when trying to access the CDLC Search site. Not complaining, just pointing out that CF may soon outgrow its current server setup/agreement/limits. As always, many thanks to the charters and admins.

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

I agree with @@Mac66 commits. I have donated once and would be willing to donate again in the future. It sounds like you are not wanting to have a huge amount of funds in your Paypal account. If you ever need extra funds for major upgrades don't feel bashful putting the word out to the members for help. I know there are a lot of people on this site that would be willing to help to have this site be as trouble free as possible.

I agree with Mac66 commits. I have donated once and would be willing to donate again in the future. It sounds like you are not wanting to have a huge amount of funds in your Paypal account. If you ever need extra funds for major upgrades don't feel bashful putting the word out to the members for help. I know there are a lot of people on this site that would be willing to help to have this site be as trouble free as possible.

I would have problem donating again if he ever needs it. If he keeps updating the site for the better, I am all in .

• Administrator

Speaking of uses for donations and future costs: I've come across this...

Website you were trying to visit was disabled for 5 minutes, because it received over 20% of total server requests.

It means that this website was using over 20% of processor resources, which is above allowed limit.

Website was temporary disabled to protect server from overloading and other websites on server.

Please try again in 5 minutes.

...a couple of times when trying to access the CDLC Search site. Not complaining, just pointing out that CF may soon outgrow its current server setup/agreement/limits. As always, many thanks to the charters and admins.

Actually, that has nothing to do with server load - that had to do with last week when we were under DDoS attack and it was to try and combat that. Thanks for reminding me about that though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added some bucks in the bin that I had left on my account. Will surely add more in some days. Ubisoft charges 3 bucks a song so for all the customs that I'm enjoying I just feel that the least I can do is to contribute with this community. I will like to create customs to. Thanks for everything.

ps: Members type users cant thank no more?

I will be adding again when it is needed. Hell $10 or $20 bucks is well worth it to the creators of customs songs. In fact it a steal.

Thank you to all the custom song creators. I may be a leach but I do support the web site. This site is so much better than the old site. Not saying it is perfect. But the effort is awesome

• Administrator

Sent 5 bucks some time ago. Was wondering if could have a donator next to my profile? :) This is a trifle, but i love this site.

Just added some bucks in the bin that I had left on my account. Will surely add more in some days. Ubisoft charges 3 bucks a song so for all the customs that I'm enjoying I just feel that the least I can do is to contribute with this community. I will like to create customs to. Thanks for everything.

ps: Members type users cant thank no more?

Added donator badges! Sorry it takes a while, I have to have you guys manually tell me you sent it because it doesn't connect the user to the donation :( 

But thank you so much for the support - every little bit helps!