Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 62

Mortalo

Yes!!!!

A special gift from me was chosen :)

Slayer for you crazy guys...

And there is weezer for me

Gr8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to post at least one Slayer score, just to feel our pain. I hope this week doesn't get intense, I like my arms being the same size

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Honored to have my chart picked! I know the song might be tough for some of you in terms of style/genre and not actual difficulty haha, but I've fallen in love with the post-hardcore genre the last year haha. I find the songs on the progressive side a lot of fun to play once you get over the learning curve some of them have. My ratings might have been a bit low because I had been playing the song a lot when I posted so I was getting quite good at it x3.

So heres my review of this song:

After playing 8 ball, I had an idea what to expect from these guys, the beginning was full of wonky chords, and I give credit to whomever tabbed it, because i know it was hard to get anything close to sounding right. (9/10)

Then the slide section, really not that hard after you memorize it, but you probably should memorize it(6/10)

Chorus, more wonky chords, fast changes, fun times (9/10)

back to more slides(6/10)

Middle, uhh, whatever the **** that chord structure was followed by fast arpeggios (10/10)

Solo, Pretty sure i just played that in Angel of Death (10/10)

Back to the chorus, by now you should know the chords right? (8/10)

9+6+9+6+10+10+8=59

59/7= 8.4

So 8.4 is my rating for this song, definitely out of the league of Uncle Toms Cabin, The Thing That Should Not Be, Little Monster, and Zebra. The closest would be Tio Sam as far as chord structure went, but this has some hard licks and arpeggios that Tio Sam did not. 

http://s7.postimg.org/qox3mqld7/2014_12_28_00005.jpg

• Like 5

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Yes!!!!

A special gift from me was chosen :)

Slayer for you crazy guys...

And there is weezer for me

Gr8

I think you need to post at least one Slayer score, just to feel our pain. I hope this week doesn't get intense, I like my arms being the same size
Nev, you can be sure i post some scores on slayer. The least i can do is participate on any of my choices ..... No matter how humiliating the scores are gonna be for me ;)

Incredible guitarists we have!!! Frip, Nev and Nacho on 92+ to 95+ already...

And yes, i hope it does get intense for you crazy ones!!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I don't know why you guys have problems with "hail the sun" I found it be be quite easy. Here is my great score.  It really sounded wonderful.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Hailthsun38_zps251ba15b.png

:D :D :D :D :D

• Like 12

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Sayitaintso80_zpse83af7ca.jpg

This will take some training.  Great song to play, but i feel i get some undeserved misses on the powerchords. But it guess its just me bending the strings or something.

• Like 3

Let's open up the rest of them!

http://i.imgur.com/qwdpbn4.jpg

Went in blind - I've never listened to this song before. Really fast, but my fingers were pretty cooperative on the whole, besides the solo.

http://i.imgur.com/gElRlN6.jpg

Haven't played this one in a while. Brings me back to Rock Band days. Those chorus bends always sneak up on me...

http://i.imgur.com/RrdOVIZ.jpg

And gotta give my pick some love, too!

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

As for Hail the Sun, I actually really dig the song, so I'd be cool with having a hard Advanced week. Really reminiscent of Fall of Troy, which is a sick band. I think it's not even too hard on the hands to execute, it's just really uncommon chord shapes that take a little more time to sink in than most songs. Though , maybe that's what difficulty is? :P

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I believe that Testotyranosaurus is Advanced song. Only because there are chords you can't play, that does not make it impossible to learn. Everyday allows you to learn something new, and this song is perfect example of that.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

And you see @, my point is that you are Advanced participants - you should know this chords. Why you don't know them? Then you would have only solo (it ain't that bad, well there were worst one) and this crazy whatever in the middle of the fretboard on low strings. If you won't decide to learn this chords, you won't learn it at all. I bet that some of our crazy MasterClass guys would have problems with this song, and @@then3verend proved it right. He scored 70%, does it make it too hard for MasterClass, after all it's not solo-frenzy like Buckethead or Steve Vai, only chords.

My point is that if you would know that chords, you would be ok with it being Advanced. We had it with Beginner participants saying that their song is too hard - playing guitar is tough.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures