A few questions for Uploading CDLC

Cat With A Mustache

Question

So I finally finished the Custom Song I wanted for Rocksmith. However, after following the tutorial in the Sticky section, I was confused. One was, he mentions the use of tone's in the song, and add's some to the song in the Toolkit GUI. I have no idea where he got the tones, why he used them, or how you would even know what tone to use for the Custom song. Another thing I was wondering, if the song had multiple difficulty levels. I am not that great at the guitar, and I want people who are also learning to find it fun to play. If there are other levels you can add, how do you do this? Do you have to do it manually, or does the Editor add in the level's by itself? And a last one. Again near the ending of uploading a CDLC, the tutorial also talked about adding strings or something in the Toolkit GUI. However, I have no string files in order to add to the string pitch list. If anyone can help me with one, or all my questions, it would be great.

4 answers to this question

So I finally finished the Custom Song I wanted for Rocksmith. However, after following the tutorial in the Sticky section, I was confused. One was, he mentions the use of tone's in the song, and add's some to the song in the Toolkit GUI. I have no idea where he got the tones, why he used them, or how you would even know what tone to use for the Custom song. Another thing I was wondering, if the song had multiple difficulty levels. I am not that great at the guitar, and I want people who are also learning to find it fun to play. If there are other levels you can add, how do you do this? Do you have to do it manually, or does the Editor add in the level's by itself? And a last one. Again near the ending of uploading a CDLC, the tutorial also talked about adding strings or something in the Toolkit GUI. However, I have no string files in order to add to the string pitch list. If anyone can help me with one, or all my questions, it would be great.

1. As you know songs can have different tones (distortion, fuzz, clean, etc) so if you dont put tones to your cdlc the tone allways is going to be a clean tone.

Unless the song is played with a clean tone, you will want to change that tone, so what we do?

You can look for a song (cdlc) that has similar tones (lead guitar distortion for example) then you "import" the file in the toolkit and voilá, you'll have the tones from that song to use them in your cdlc :)

Other alternative could be to build the tone ingame, save your work, close the game, and import your savegame in the toolkit, as easy as it sounds :mrgreen:

2. I did this video in spanish, but I know that it won't be a problem for you :)  The video shows how to add difficulties to your cdlc. There's another alternative, open the toolkit, select the DD tab, add your .psarc file (Custom finished without DD) put a number 4 in phrase lenght, and press generate. Simple right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8AlghQHRY

Note: Your cdlc has to have sections and phrases in order to DD work properly, if you don't know what in merlin's beard is that, you can watch this video courtesy from another SA user called Pyrobillie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyQx9eknw4#t=0

In this video, I show how to: Create sections/phrases, import lyric file,...

What I forgot to say is how to remove sections or phrases, you can do this in the 'beat' tab, then events, here you got a list of the events of the beatmarker you're on.

Also forgot this: You have to start a new phrase at each section-start, for DD to work

3. The files that you add to the toolkit are the arrangements (lead, rythm, bass or the "strings") when you save your work in EoF, the program save a few .xml files, as it follows:

Lead guitar: Part_real_guitar_rs2

Rythm guitar: Part_real_guitar_22_rs2

Bass: Part_real_bass_rs2

Note: in EoF you MUST have enabled an option that says: "save separate Rocksmith 2 files" or something similar. (press f11 to check)

You add these files in the toolkit in the section below the main info of the cdlc (album, artist, etc).

Hope it helps :)

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge