Ignition Beta Launched! (Merry Christmas!)

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

I can't use it. All it does is bring up a page telling me sign in,even though I'm already signed in.

Try now.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I like the new Ignition Layout, (good work guys).  Further, I like the ability to customize.  However, one feature I miss from the old site is the "Unread Bolding" of songs that have been added since my last visit.  That feature allows me to quick scan the new songs.  Can we get that back or maybe a flag?  Finally, a suggestion.  The theme is a bit dark for me.  Could we add a theme similar to the "Requests" page?  i.e., white background?

Thanks for all your hard work.

OK, after so many people having problems with the updated entries being bold I'm pretty sure there's some bug in there still. Let me investigate and try to fix that. That feature, however, is still very much there and will stay because we all love it. 

As for the colors, I can only ask for your patience again and again. We're a very small team who all have personal lives and development takes time because we want to make sure we do it right the first time and not risk losing any user-created data. This doesn't apply to the CSS (the colors, if you will), of course, but that's part of a bigger re-design we're in the middle of. This re-design means implementing a lot of features that were previously provided by customized plug-ins, so while we're working on new features for Ignition, we also have to bring a number of basic features on par with what we had before. This includes submitting new CDLC, commenting on CDLC, notifications and a lot more. 

Rest assured, all of your suggestions are being weighed and discussed internally, and everything that can be added without breaking existing features or other user's experience, we're trying to add. So, black and white theme with green highlight color? You got it!

First, though, let's fix those bold entries.

• Like 2

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Can anything be done about the need to refresh the page when you first go into ignition?, its no biggy but it is a bit of a pain not seeing any entries until you do so.

Great work so far it does indeed look promising :)

• Like 1

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

When I tried to look at the newest songs this morning on my mobile, the link I have on my homescreen suddenly guided me to ignition - and I wasn't amused... No songs were listet at all... there was also no refresh button to get the songs - only the magnifying class. After some time I just gave up. Did you test the page on moile devices?

I have to say that Ignition looks nice and everything but I can't see any reason why I should use it instead of the old search. I have only disadvantages with it( no records being displayed without clicking refresh, no direct links for seeing all songs by one artist or by one charter in just one click, to see comments I also have to click extra)...  colors might be a question of taste... but I prefered white an plain style

• Like 2

Can anything be done about the need to refresh the page when you first go into ignition?

Actually, this is the first time I'm hearing about this (make sure to use our Tracker to report any bugs you find). Have you tried clearing your cookies?

When I tried to look at the newest songs this morning on my mobile, the link I have on my homescreen suddenly guided me to ignition - and I wasn't amused... No songs were listet at all... there was also no refresh button to get the songs - only the magnifying class. After some time I just gave up. Did you test the page on moile devices?

We haven't changed any URLs recently, so I'm not sure about your homescreen link. Check which URL it uses. 

search.customsforge.com links to the old Search

ignition.customsforge.com links to Ignition

We did indeed test Ignition on mobile devices and while it is still in Beta there's a lot of mobile optimization already in there. Tap on the magnifying glass to display the search box and the reset button. 

It sounds like you're having an entirely different issue with songs not being listed when you first load the page. Please try clearing your cookies and/or accessing Ignition in a private window and see if that works. PM me if that doesn't work. Also, in the future, please use our Tracker to report any bugs or odd behavior you encounter.

• Administrator

Can anything be done about the need to refresh the page when you first go into ignition?, its no biggy but it is a bit of a pain not seeing any entries until you do so.

Great work so far it does indeed look promising :)

That doesn't happen for me. Please make sure it fully loads. I'm using Chrome.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Can anything be done about the need to refresh the page when you first go into ignition?

Actually, this is the first time I'm hearing about this (make sure to use our Tracker to report any bugs you find). Have you tried clearing your cookies?

I fixed a bug today in Ignition that I think affected you. Can you try now and tell me if you get results on the first page load?

• Like 1

I fixed a bug today in Ignition that I think affected you. Can you try now and tell me if you get results on the first page load?

Can confirm I was having the same issue previously - seems fixed now.

Now if we could have it so clicking an artist name, sorts by that artist / shows only that artist, the same as "Old Search" does - and not open the entry's pop-up, that would be awesome. Clicking the song should open the pop-up (if we must insist on having it), while clicking artist name should then show only that artists tracks.

• Like 2

Can confirm I was having the same issue previously - seems fixed now.

Thanks for all your efforts hdnsmbt.  BTW.  Bold worked for me today in Chrome... Yeah!

Awesome! Two bugs down. 

Also, I like the idea that only the song title opens the overlay/song page. I'll look into that. Keep in mind, that this will be in the current dev version, so it'll be a feature that's released with the big new version. 

Just checked and it is working fine for me too now, I use firefox (V36.0.1) by the way and Outpost pro firewall with Nod32 for my AV

Awesome work, just got to get the skins sorted and I will be a very happy chappie :)

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic