Ignition Beta Launched! (Merry Christmas!)

Unleashed2k

When I click on "Member" I get this

http://i.imgur.com/Fx4szNe.png

A feature I would like to see is comments or requests.

Some of the songs are brilliantly done (Pc-Plum's as a prime example) But a lot of them are kinda useless for beginners as they do not feature DD or they claim they do and its not working.

So maybe a flagg for a request to redo it would be helpful.

I don't want to sound ungrateful to the uploader , I just think it would raise the overall quality of the custom work :)

I may have posted this comment elsewhere, but I liked the fact that the old version showed new posts in bold.  That way you didn't have to keep track of where you last left off when visiting the CDLC search site.  I do not see this valuable feature on the new version.

• Like 1

Noob question. Does this monitor my DLC folder on my computer or just what I download with Ignition?

Only what you download, but if you add it to your collection then you start following the topic, which means that you will get a notification when the charter updates the song.

Works awesome, great work!

Really love the "help" feature, some of my websites could really benefit from something like that. If you dont mind me asking, Is it custom developed or a jquery plugin of some kind?

Sorry I took so long to respond. We're using Intro.js for the Help feature. It pretty much works right out of the box so all we did was skin it. If you're planning to implement something similar I can only recommend Intro.js.

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Quick question, I can see you have info on if DD is present but is there a spot that will tell you how many difficulty levels there are? Excited to watch this beauty grow...thanks again!

I second this suggestion.  Knowing the number of difficulty levels is important to beginners.

Suggestion: RIFF REPEATER, pretty pretty pretty pretty please. It would be really useful to be able to add that column and filter by it. Yes, the old search didn't have it either, but the download click brought you to the info page where the info was listed. Now I have an extra click to go through to see it. It would be so much more useful to just have it available from the table list like DD.

I find riff repeater even more important than DD; I don't want to try and learn a song at full speed with no way to practice a specific part I have trouble with. 

Quick question, I can see you have info on if DD is present but is there a spot that will tell you how many difficulty levels there are? Excited to watch this beauty grow...thanks again!

I second this suggestion.  Knowing the number of difficulty levels is important to beginners.

What kind of filter would you like to use for this column? 

I think a dropdown box with values from 1 through 10 might be a good solution but I'd like to hear what you think first. Do you have any "threshold" value that we should add, like "more than 5" and "fewer than 5"?

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

I think the dropdown box would be an very good solution.  In the old search you have to actuallly go to the download page to find out how many difficulty levels there are.  the dropdown box would be a big improvement over that.  I don't think the threshold value is as useful, although for my purposes "more than one" is usually what I am looking for.

I don't actually see a rational reason for the number of levels in DD to be listed, since everyone except maybe a few very dedicated people use the toolkit to apply DD.

It has DD, or it doesn't. Same goes for RR. If using the toolkit, RR is auto applied (some better than others admittedly) If it has DD - it has RR.

All the DD or no DD flag tells me, is if I can save the file directly into my DLC folder, or if I have to save it to my "Needs DD added" folder first, then I open the toolkit and add DD myself. It takes about 10 seconds per track. 

I can't seem to get it to work after the first time I used it. Every time I open the page I see no results.

Try to press this green "refresh" button.

This was happening to me as well and the refresh did not seem to work. What did work though was to click on the search or magnifying glass. This then displayed the green refresh button to bring everything back.

Also, while I know the content that is new since the last time is listed as bold, it seems hard to differentiate when compared to the bold of the old site. Would it be possible to have a small symbol next to the new stuff, or possibly have the text be italic or a different color?

Loving the new stuff though guys, thanks!

p-

I don't actually see a rational reason for the number of levels in DD to be listed, since everyone except maybe a few very dedicated people use the toolkit to apply DD.

It has DD, or it doesn't. Same goes for RR. If using the toolkit, RR is auto applied (some better than others admittedly) If it has DD - it has RR.

All the DD or no DD flag tells me, is if I can save the file directly into my DLC folder, or if I have to save it to my "Needs DD added" folder first, then I open the toolkit and add DD myself. It takes about 10 seconds per track. 

This^

The number of DD levels has lost it's meaning completely. I have taken the time for my own customs to actually look up the number of levels created by DDC, but there are lots of cases where the charter doesn't know how to or doesn't care and leaves the value at the default "1"

I think the dropdown box would be an very good solution.  In the old search you have to actuallly go to the download page to find out how many difficulty levels there are.  the dropdown box would be a big improvement over that.  I don't think the threshold value is as useful, although for my purposes "more than one" is usually what I am looking for.

If you stick to your "more than one" rule, than you will simply miss most CDLC that have perfectly fine DD with lots of levels! Please don't ever assume that the info "1" means there is actually only one level (if DD is set to "yes")!

The number of levels created by Dynamic Difficulty Creator will always be around 5 to 10 I'd say, depending on the complexity of the song. DDC works very very well if the custom is charted properly, and there is just no purpose of knowing whether it has 5, 7 or 9 levels.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

lol number of levels USED to be important in the beginning.  More levels meant a faster highway speed, but then the toolkit allowed for a customizable scroll speed so that was no longer relevant in that sense.

Maybe there could be a toolkit dd default option?  I always use the toolkit to add DD but I do the default and im not sure if that varies by song or if it is the exact same amount of levels so I just always thought people assumed that a 1 meant u used the toolkit default I didn't think people thought that meant it had one level I mean wouldnt 1 level be just the song with no change?

Maybe I'm too old for changes, maybe I'm too melancholic for old stuff, but I dislike Ignition. 

It certainly has some advantages, I can't really see which.

Still no quality votes for the chart, I can't set a column width, so I have this stupid date in all letters that covers partly the number of downloads... 

Maybe it's my fault to stay with that old Opera Browser 12.16

What a mess to get to the charters page, can't set a comment like in the old days, some pages are simply dead, must be somewhat frustrating for charters to get no feedback.

Ignition gives me the feeling of fastfood, all flashy colors, serve yourself and leave. What a pity.

• Like 6

Maybe I'm too old for changes, maybe I'm too melancholic for old stuff, but I dislike Ignition. 

It certainly has some advantages, I can't really see which.

Still no quality votes for the chart, I can't set a column width, so I have this stupid date in all letters that covers partly the number of downloads... 

Maybe it's my fault to stay with that old Opera Browser 12.16

What a mess to get to the charters page, can't set a comment like in the old days, some pages are simply dead, must be somewhat frustrating for charters to get no feedback.

Ignition gives me the feeling of fastfood, all flashy colors, serve yourself and leave. What a pity.

I, too, still prefer the old search.

• The white theme feels much more comfortable for me, and I can simply view more rows (=titles) on one page.
  • Also Ignition "feels" slower in terms of loading times. Maybe the loading time in both versions is the same, but since it's always darkening and popping up the loading circle for about one second, this second disrupts my view and makes it feel reacting slowly. In the old search it's a seamless transition between two pages.

The main new feature I noticed is the "hovering song info window". And I think it is nice because it gives you most of the important information at one glance.

But at the moment I only use it to go to the record page, because

• I cannot "follow" / add to my collection in the window
  • The comments are not displayed useful nor easy to read without timestamps and highlighting quotes

As you mentioned, it lacks real new features for sorting and finding new CDLC like

• genre (although I agree this is super hard to do)
  • quality voting
  • dedicated filters for features like Multitracks, Metronome Bonus Arrangements that go beyond the abilities of standard Rocksmith
  • Subscription to (and notification about) artists, albums and even charters who's work we appreciate

But afterall, we (I, too) must not forget that it is still in beta. Lots of stuff is being released in beta or "early access" these days and it's a good thing because it gets users involved. But there is always a tendency to take what was released and jugde it like you would judge a final product. So let's look forward to the potential Ignition has :)

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 1 month later...

After using ignition since the beginning I have to say:

why not keeping the old interface style, or at least the spirit of it, expanding it with new ( ? ) features ?

At the beginning I was lost, searching, organizing, browsing was tiring and chaotic, colors totally didn't help and everything looked so big and clumsy, I told myself i just had to get used to it but I was wrong

It's kinda tiring for my head and eyes, the interface hardly makes me wanna browse more than 2 pages, but I don't know why but to my eyes totally lacks charisma.

Again, maybe it's just the cholor scheme; trying to image a revert back to old colors ( Green buttons, white background, black writings ) makes it already " right "-ish.

Also, the highlighted new submissions totally helped me to keep a fast eye on new releases, where that feature gone ?

• Like 2