The need to separate good cdlc from unfinished/bad one

JayEm

Question

As it is right now, downloading cdlc is a complete shot in the dark. We have no idea if the customs we download will be accurate, have a good tone, well synced, etc. I havent downloaded any cdlc for this reason. I tried about 5 and were all pretty bad. I believe a way to distinguish good dlc is imperative. 

Idea:

1.- Assign a "tester" status to several trust worthy members. 

2.- Any member can report or signal cdlc, promting a tester to see if it is indeed a good custom

3.- Have 3 sections:

a ) Submitted cdlc

b )Awaiting testing section

c )Approved section

The flow would go like this

User A submits a song

User B thinks the song is ready, so he signals the testers and the song gets moved to awaiting testing section

User C(a tester) sees if the song is official dlc worthy material

Song gets moved to approved, or the tester provides feedback

Testers can enter the awaiting testing section at any time and try any song on the list.

Thoughts?

• Like 8

There was this girl who lived not too long ago, as a matter of fact I think she lives still

JayEm's Workshop

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

don't agree in any points @@KingCobra mentioned above:

It is absolutely not necessary for a good quality to have lyrics in a custom. It is maybe a nice addition but says nothing about the quality like I said before. Who ever played one of my creations will know that they're all in a good quality, but mostly without lyrics. Better to spend the time into more relevant things for playability. I don't think that lyrics are needed since they're only available in LAS, and if you want to learn a song seriosly you won't distract with lyrics anyway, the more so as they're also not in RR what is the only thing I use for learning a song.

Also DD won't be that relevant, but at least the count of feedback, bcs unknown bands/music won't get lot's of, what doesn't mean they're not of a good quality.

The most relevant for a good quality is always a correct and accurate tablature. Any ratings for tabs from any websites doesn't mean anythimg, even a 5 star rated tab can be shit, often wrong and maybe another version of a song. Also 'official' tab i.e. from songbooks doesn't mean always to be accurate or compatible with your audio version.

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

If one only wants to play quality customs

The Championship is an excellent place.

Bad cdlcs get replaced or are within the week fixed together with the author.

Here is a list of songs from the past.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=3

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.