No beat grid in leading silence

manchot66

Rebooted computer and had to reinstall EoF.  Before, when I would save a file, it would automatically put the beat grid into the leading silence so it's easier to see when song starts in RS.  Now it doesn't ask to do it and I can't find anything in the options to do it manually.  Any suggestions?

But nooo, don't do that!

Please!

Please be aware that pushing the offset to zero will unsync the bars/measures of your charting.

Since end of september I have "fought" for the removal of this prompt: Please see this thread:

http://customsforge.com/topic/12197-problem-due-to-reset-offset-to-zero/

What you should do instead (how official DLC are produced) is use the function "push offset up", to produce only full bars before your first note.

This means in a 4/4 time signature, you have to push offset up 4 times (or eight).

If you want to now why it is useful to have the bars in sync with the music, please read this thread:

http://customsforge.com/topic/13688-how-to-add-a-metronome-to-any-song-metronome-bonus-arrangement/

In section (4) I also better explain the procedure above.

And while you're there, use the EOF function to place events (shift + e) to place count-in metronome ticks in the bar before your first note... just like it is done in official songs.

This is the best guidance to know when the song actualy starts. This is what you actualy want to achieve, right?

I know you are someone who cares for his customs, so please get rid of the bad remove-offset-habbit!

I beg you :D

• Like 3

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

People care very much to sync up the beats/notes, and in my opinion kepping the bars in sync is nearly as important to get the most authentic experience.

Once you realized how it is supposed to work it's basically no additional effort in the charting process. On the contrary, it makes charting easier if you keep the bars in sync and set the time signature:

• The numbered bars in EOF and your gp5 source can be the same, so it is easier to compare stuff
  • Changes to chorus, verse etc. basically always happen on the first beat of a new bar. So it is easier to choose where to put the sections when you see the bars in EOF

Futhermore, if you are curious, I suggest experimenting with the Metronome Bonus Arrangements and see if you like that feature ;)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

As far as I'm aware, the "missing count phrase" error comes up when your first beat contains a note.

This would be the case if you just imported from gp5 and didn't add any beats into your leading silence.

In a 4/4 time signature, you should then hit "push offset back" exactly four times.

It should look like this:

example_beatmap.png

Then you get a whole bar (or measure) where you can place the metronome count-in ticks (with shift + e), because this is now your COUNT phrase.

This way you get to official DLC quality in that regard - therefore the error you encountered is a good one :)

Does that work for you?

we could add count phrase automaticly in eof, using custom parameter - num of ticks or % of ticks per count  phrase, I don't know why I'm writing so :D

EOF does add a "COUNT" RS phrase if it's not defined, but if the beat on which it was going to put it has a different phrase already, EOF will complain about not being able to automatically do this.

As far as automatically adding metronome ticks to count into the song, it's something I felt was a little too complex to want to have done automatically. Depending on the song, the user may or may not have to add leading silence. Otherwise all that would need to be done would be to have a measure's worth of lead-in, use the push offset back function once for each measure's worth of beats and assign a tick RS event to each of those beats.

So the tick event adds a tick sound to the audio file of a project that is saved with EoF? Nice. I didn't know that. I'll have to do some testing then. ;)

For more info about how that works and what creative stuff you can do with the automated ticks, I suggest you risk a look at this tutorial of mine!

Cheers

• Like 1