Experimenting with a song package

teece

I want to take a song that I did not create and experiment with it (change the tone, change some notes, etc).  When I unpack the song, the arr directory has the xml but not the .eof file.  Is there any tutorial on how to import the xml into editor on fire to edit the song?  Just curious.

Mostly you'd just need to create a new EOF project, specify the unpacked audio file (you can simply rename it guitar.ogg and EOF will use it) when EOF asks for one and when the project is open, change to one of the real guitar/bass tracks and use the Rocksmith import function from the File menu. This is a Rocksmith 1 era import, so it may lose a lot during the import, but you should be able to experiment at least. You may even consider asking the chart's author for the project file, the author may give it to you.

Ok thanks.... appreciate the feedback.  So if one was to "adopt" a song that the original owner is absent, looks like the best way to edit a packaged song is to recreate the EOF through the unpack to get the .ogg and the sngtotab function get the .gp5 file.  Not too horrible :)... thanks again!