Mac: RS will freeze on loading a song

m4x4mus

Question

Hi, 

I've been using RSinjector for a long time now (at least 7-8 months from memory). Recently, I upgrade OS X to Yosemite, and although RSInjector seems to load and run fine, sometimes I'll try to run a song in "Learn a Song", and it'll just stop. If it doesn't need a tune it'll just sit on the song selection thing (where it shows "Rocksmith Recommends" etc.), or if it wants to tune/confirm tuning, it'll get through the tuning fine, then just sit there with nothing happening. 

This happens on songs that were part of RS14 to start with (today's example being Savior by Rise Against).

It also happens on CLDC that worked perfectly before.

My best guess is that's a Yosemite thing, but does anyone have any advice?  It's incredibly frustrating because I might get one song through, then try to play another and it'll freeze. I have to command + Q to get out of it, then re-launch and go through it all again. Generally, 2-3 tries will get a song going, but it used to be that they worked perfectly. 

I'll note that I haven't upgraded RSInjector since upgrading to Yosemite, but I don't think a newer version of it has come out since I first got RSInjector anyway - if someone knows of an updated link, that would probably help too. 

Thanks in advance guys and girls, really want to keep on learning but it's a downer to have to go through pot-luck every time in whether it will launch a song. 

M

5 answers to this question

Am still on Mavericks and have been resisting the upgrade as it seems it causes problems with the RSTK.

I found that much CDLC wasn't working when available as _m.psarc file, so am simply downloading the _p.psarc files & converting which provides a better success rate, but still a few still cause RS to freeze and few more get to the start of the highway from which I can escape back to other CDLC.  For me having a non-functional RSTK would pretty much mean a freeze on new content working.

The problems seem to increase as the volume of CDLC increases.  From time to time I have moved the downloaded CDLC back up the file system and somewhat started afresh if I feel that the failure rate is getting too high, or I particularly want to play a CLDC that has failed consistently.

It adds a bit of a surprise with regards to the content that works.  The first load of RS is a bit more stable than a load, then escaping back to the start screen (so not completely exiting), but the 2nd start may provide access to much more CDLC than the 1st load. 

In short, I think Yosemite adds another variable to a bit of a wobbly stack on the CDLC side.  For the time being I'm considering Yosemite a bit of the bleeding edge.

Thanks Rush, I would definitely downgrade back if I could, unfortunately (at least according to the 2mins of research I just did) that means wiping my HD. No dice. 

1ndy, I think you've nailed it. I just tried removing a whole bunch of older CDLC, about half of the folder's contents, and just played a few songs without a hitch. Before that I was successful maybe 1 out of 3 times in playing a single song. 

I've noticed Yosemite is a bit slower in some things than Mavericks was, even in really mundane things like opening a folder, so it stands to reason it has issues when it's building a list of DLC/CDLC.

A warning to all I guess - don't upgrade for a while, if ever. 

Thank you both for the replies, big help all round! 

I had this exact problem. I run El Cap. The CDLC was definitely in the correct folder and I bought Cherub Rock. All the CDLC showed up, I could select it and tune, and then it would just hang, the song not even starting.

Turns out I WAS USING AN OUTDATED VERSION OF RSINJECTOR.APP. Once I searched these forums and downloaded the LATEST release, everything worked great! This is the step I would recommend to anyone having this particular problem.