HELP ... I Have Too Many ... CDLC Songs, Game Crashes and Corrupt Saves

• Developer

Also, I have fallen and can't get up.  What should I do?  Is anyone else experiencing these problems?  Sure!

I have been working on a new feature for the Custom Game Toolkit program.  The Game Save Gigbox, Backup option can now help you with creating CDLC Playlists that may help to eliminate some of these common problems.

Here is one comprehensive solution and tutorial that involves creating in game CDLC Playlist User Profiles.

This solution may only be practical if you have more than 100 CDLC songs.

Disclaimer:  I am not promoting this as a cure all solution, just an option.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread, I'm personally too scared to use CDLC once I heard about corrupted saves and this fix seems a little "involved" but It's appreciated none the less I'll send the link to people who experience CDLC related corruption issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Absolutely move those CDLC out of your DLC folder if you are not playing them.  The game will load much faster depending on how many CDLC you move.  Be aware that once you play a CDLC though the stat data gets written to your game save.  Then the only way to really get rid of the CDLC in addition to moving it out of the DLC directory is to use the Sync feature in the Game Save Gigbox tool.  This will cleanup your game save and it will load faster too.

All the above is true as well if you have a lot of official DLC.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Moving CDLC to another folder after you have played is ok to do and will not hurt anything.  Your game save will still contain the stats if you do decide to move the CDLC back later on to play. 

Make sure you don't make any changes while the game is loaded or your game save could really get messed up.

• Like 1

Moving CDLC to another folder after you have played is ok to do and will not hurt anything.  Your game save will still contain the stats if you do decide to move the CDLC back later on to play. 

Make sure you don't make any changes while the game is loaded or your game save could really get messed up.

personally .. instead of moving files, i often just rename them .. rocksmith ignores anything that doesnt end in "_p.psarc" 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello! One question - just tried to sync the dlc so that the game will run faster again. What does it mean when corrupted dlc is found? It marked some dlc as "bad" - that dlc was working just fine...  after moving these dlcs into quarantine the toolkit crashed...  I'm kinda worried when sth crashes while it is messing with my saves and dlc...  any tips?

• Developer

CDLC can be corrupt for any number of reasons.  The toolkit loads the CDLC into memory and checks that all arrangements (bass, lead, rhythm, vocals) are valid.  It checks the audio, art and other files that are in the CDLC and anything else that could cause hangs or crashes. 

You said that you played a CDLC that was tag as corrupt without any problems,  basically you got lucky and have not played the corrupt part yet.  Maybe you only play bass and never play lead or something else like that.  The toolkit should not have crashed after finding corrupt CDLC.   You do however have to resync after it finds corrupt CDLC.  This is normal and even indicated by a popup message you should have seen.

Did you have the game running, a folder open, or some other activity that may have prevented CGT from finishing the job (antivirus auto update or such)?  Make sure everything is closed first and shut down and then rerun CGT and sync again.  CGT will even tell you how much space it saves you when finished.  And yes your game save will load faster.

PM me if you are still having trouble.

EDIT:  FOR EVERYONE ... Most important.  Always backup your game save first.

• Like 1

WIndows Update was in fact active.... i will maybe try again. I find it however rather strange that your tool just marks so many of my dlc as corrupt. Honestly I don't care if some part of a dlc is "corrupt" in any way if the dlc works fine for my purposes. I like that dlc and don't want it to be renamed and moved out of my folder in some quarantine folder... It's not like it is a virus that does damage to my system. Why would you implement this function? Am I supposed to contact the charter and tell him (or her) to fix the custom? And until then I am not allowed to play the song because of what reason exactly?
Don't get me wrong... I like the sync function and I appreciate your work but I just don't get why you would even look for corrupted dlc... If customs don't work properly or create some issues the people who downloaded it tell the charter and then in most of the times the problem is taken care of.

Is there a way to sync the save without this search for corrupted files?
Thanks!

• Developer

Actually corrupt CDLC are just like a virus.  Eventually the corrupt CDLC will corrupt your game save or cause game crashes and/or game hangs.  You are playing hot potato, time bomb or what ever else you would like to call it.  Good luck.  The answer to your last question is No.

• Developer

Thanks for posting your solution for others to learn from.  ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy