Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 60

Mortalo

my Dean Razorback has some intonation issues, so I'ma retire it for awhile, the 12th fret is almost a half a step sharp :/

Then again its been 3 years since ive had the guitar, its time to fix it

I always thought fiddling with intonation would be a pretty hard thing to do, but after doing a little YouTube research I found several good videos walking through the process.

Ended up being MUCH easier than I was expecting it to be, and I've now fixed up my 1 guitar (Epi Korina Explorer) and later 2 basses (Epi TBird Pro 5 and Ibanez 4).  Both Epi's needed truss rod tweaks also, which was a bit tougher but still doable.

So, I'd encourage you to get a screwdriver (my Epi guitar used a flathead, both basses wanted a Phillips)  and/or small Allen wrench set (I hear some go this route instead, especially Floyd-Rose maybe?), look up a YouTube video, and try it yourself.  Whole process took me, as someone who had never tried it before, about 20 minutes the first time.  And the guitar especially went from approaching a half step off at 12th fret (like yours) on 2 strings to within 1-5 cents of perfect on all 6.  Massive improvement, not difficult at all, and low risk of causing any damage or ending up making things worse -- which is a bit more of a real concern in something like truss rod adjustments.  I think pretty much the worst thing that could happen would be breaking a string if you don't back off the tension before adjusting, and that is easily managed by taking your time.

Give it a shot!

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

The solo is just not real for me :D Also I have some problem with notes recognition. I have to setup my guitar :/

http://i.imgur.com/fVEhkH0.jpg

• Like 1

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Broken string :(

Me too, last night.

Tuning up to F# then down to whatever Rihanna's Umbrella is... (guilty pleasures) :lol:

I really need to get some sort of pedal.

• Like 2

:D  I`m too yesterday break  4th string at guitar with D standard, from set 12-56. Simple  play a song, nothing unusual and oops.

Today when go in shop for strings and buy yet one pedal -  chorus MXR "Black label", cool sounds with amt ss-20.  :P

@Kaijin I hope you're not offended for update your cdlc and found for himself some improvement   :)  If you want i send you all files eof for update your topic. But there need yet work with solo, i think need delete yet a few tech notes, and replace to standard bends some of them for good recognition in RS.  Anyway there very fast solo, and no one can not playing all short notes with tech notes right way.

• Like 2

Hehe, I broke high e string. Today I tuned from Eb (no songs) -> Drop C (2 plays, 1st one used high e) -> C# (Free Speech for the Dumb :D ). I played rhythm from Free Speech, which does not use high e, I'm strumming low E and bang. I feel that string touched my skin, and started searching for sad little string. I was surprised that high e snapped. Or I was not, after all they were 4 months old (I find older strings better to tune down).

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/TheJack93_zps6aa5da2e.jpg

All the bends in the solo are out of my skill level. So i do not think i will score any higher than this.  Might give it a few tries in score attack later in the week tho.

• Like 5

@Kaijin I hope you're not offended for update your cdlc and found for himself some improvement    :)  If you want i send you all files eof for update your topic. But there need yet work with solo, i think need delete yet a few tech notes, and replace to standard bends some of them for good recognition in RS.  Anyway there very fast solo, and no one can not playing all short notes with tech notes right way.

No problem at all, I just didn't had time to play your version.

As far as note sync there might have been notes out of sync, I didn't spend much time in the bass arrangement, but as for the unnecessary notes, I have to play your version and see which notes weren't supposed to be there.... I shouldn't need the EoF files, I can just unpack your file and use the .xml for the bass arrangement to create a new file with your version.

I had the help of @ on the lead arrangement, so I would like to hear what he has to say about the tech notes on the bends. In my case, I haven't noticed any problems with the bends registering, but the solo is fast and I can't play all the notes ofc, so that's why I might not see any bends not registering (meaning that the misses that I see, I really miss the notes and they are not all bends).

At first glance at this song i thought to myself, this is wayyyyy above my skill level. But after playing it a few times it seems a lot easier and it is really fun to play.  Never heard the song or even Billy Cobham, but is sounds nice.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/RedBaron88_zps3896f514.jpg

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@Kaijin I hope you're not offended for update your cdlc and found for himself some improvement    :)  If you want i send you all files eof for update your topic. But there need yet work with solo, i think need delete yet a few tech notes, and replace to standard bends some of them for good recognition in RS.  Anyway there very fast solo, and no one can not playing all short notes with tech notes right way.

No problem at all, I just didn't had time to play your version.

As far as note sync there might have been notes out of sync, I didn't spend much time in the bass arrangement, but as for the unnecessary notes, I have to play your version and see which notes weren't supposed to be there.... I shouldn't need the EoF files, I can just unpack your file and use the .xml for the bass arrangement to create a new file with your version.

I had the help of @ on the lead arrangement, so I would like to hear what he has to say about the tech notes on the bends. In my case, I haven't noticed any problems with the bends registering, but the solo is fast and I can't play all the notes ofc, so that's why I might not see any bends not registering (meaning that the misses that I see, I really miss the notes and they are not all bends).

I think the whole solo is ok, the right notes in the right positions, maybe a litte fine tune could be done as @ said, delete note after release bend, also sounds more natural.

I played it again and in the solo I earned about 10 missed notes.

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/141216/o7ob365x.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/141216/net3a2hd.jpg

got the neverend with my streak :P

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ omg, crazy score! Today i cant get my 97 on bass an 94 on lead :( 

But now i have fantastic sounds with pedal amt-ss20 - (easy tube overdrive) + my new chorus MXR on this a song. Feel like play on real guitar, beautiful feelings. Nice sounds in mix with Billy, only i play wrong notes  :D

• Like 4

A small update:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKRDJySWJXVHFfckk/view?usp=sharing

(World on Fire, 93.67% bass.  I hope the "easy" score attack counts.)

• Like 3

A small update:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKRDJySWJXVHFfckk/view?usp=sharing

(World on Fire, 93.67% bass.  I hope the "easy" score attack counts.)

As long as song has no Dynamic Difficulty, easy score attack counts :)

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/O3DcdX8.jpg

That was a way better number than I was expecting after all the silly combo drops in the chorus and verse. Made up for it in the solos, I guess!

• Like 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

my Dean Razorback has some intonation issues, so I'ma retire it for awhile, the 12th fret is almost a half a step sharp :/

Then again its been 3 years since ive had the guitar, its time to fix it

I always thought fiddling with intonation would be a pretty hard thing to do, but after doing a little YouTube research I found several good videos walking through the process.

Ended up being MUCH easier than I was expecting it to be, and I've now fixed up my 1 guitar (Epi Korina Explorer) and later 2 basses (Epi TBird Pro 5 and Ibanez 4).  Both Epi's needed truss rod tweaks also, which was a bit tougher but still doable.

So, I'd encourage you to get a screwdriver (my Epi guitar used a flathead, both basses wanted a Phillips)  and/or small Allen wrench set (I hear some go this route instead, especially Floyd-Rose maybe?), look up a YouTube video, and try it yourself.  Whole process took me, as someone who had never tried it before, about 20 minutes the first time.  And the guitar especially went from approaching a half step off at 12th fret (like yours) on 2 strings to within 1-5 cents of perfect on all 6.  Massive improvement, not difficult at all, and low risk of causing any damage or ending up making things worse -- which is a bit more of a real concern in something like truss rod adjustments.  I think pretty much the worst thing that could happen would be breaking a string if you don't back off the tension before adjusting, and that is easily managed by taking your time.

Give it a shot!

Its a Floyd Rose, I'm really lazy, I got a good buddy of mine that works on guitars, and this guitar is my baby. Plus one of the pick-ups has been sub-marined and I know thats beyond my line of thinking. I have a cheap Epiphone that gets the job done. Thanks for the tip though.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@ had a little time to try your The Jack version - well done, thx very very acurate note positioning (of course cant do the solo anyway near the way i would wanna to and hence cannot tell excactly about that part).

Not easier or harder than @@Kaijin ´s - still at 92%, but i have had much less time to play than wanted.... grrrrrr

As it is a complete rechart if i have understood right - why dont you publish it - so we have two very good versions out?

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman It  is not recharted version, some update, simple improve beat, and easy changing in chart. In a solo i shifted a few notes, when tested it on slow speed in EOF. And deleted a lot tech notes on short notes with complicated bends. i think no sense for them mark time start and release. It only ruined recognition in RS.  So all thanks to @@Kaijin and @.  I glad that you like improved version. Thanks.

• Like 1

Ehh, and I was looking forward to play Jack. It looks like that I'll most likely be able to only play it for die hard score. Jelly.