Anyone tried an Artist guitar?

raveyman

Hi,

This one particularly aimed at Aussies on here....

Anyone tried an Artist guitar? They seem to offer an LP style electric with a set neck at a pretty good deal for $200AUS.

http://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy/artist-lp60-electric-guitar-plus-accessories/70009

They claim their business practices are responsible for the cheap prices yet good quality. If anyone has any experience of the LP models, I'd be interested to hear your advice to help me decide whether I should pick one up or save a bit more for an Epi LP100.

Cheers

David

Thanks. I did see that one, and it seemed pretty positive, but that is the only review I can actually find after a Google search.

I vaguely recalled someone on one of the forums mentioning having an Artist, hence the post, but maybe they were on the Rocksmith forums so will try there too...

I have an Artist guitar. It's a LP kit that I built. I did add better pickups, bone nut and better machine heads It turned out a good guitar. As far as the body its very well made. The neck did need fret dressing though, but that's fine. You can always ask him to fret dress it but it will probably cost you more. As long as you remember it's not a $5000 LP then it should be OK. I'm very happy with mine. There's another bloke who sells guitars and he fret dressed all his guitars before shipping but his range is not as big and they cost a little more here's the link

http://www.customguitarworks.com.au/store

I have one of his and I very happy with it.