New tech note in RATM DLC

firekorn

Question

• Administrator

Just bought and played Down Rodeo from Rage Against The Machine and there's a new tech note on guitar which by the look of it seems like a pick tapping thing i guess.

Any official information on that thing?

i'll post a screenshot once i finished testing those DLCs!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

11 answers to this question

• Administrator

He is playing a third fret harmonic and he slides pick on the strings at the same time which is clearly not what's the highway is telling you to do...

The symbols seems like it's a pick taping which sounds pretty close but without any kind of official information on this, it's just supposition.

Here is the symbol :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=353795967

PS : That would be cool if this tech note would be implemented once we know what the hell it is supposed to be for real :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Yeah, the tech notes implies slapping or tapping... with nothing about the harmonic...  I'm wondering if they just didn't have any in-game notation for the technique and didn't know what to do with it.  I'm not sure if that's something that can be changed with a game update.

Did you notice in the video how he slides around the harmonic on the third fret too?

www.twitch. tv/ elisarockdoc/b/597277239
here is the crimson band playing all stuff E std, than Drop D than E flat songs :)

Two-Hand Tapping
Tap the fret with your picking hand
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/451783339528366553/4E27DA41725C36356D489BCE1D831BC44B1907C6

they could basically chart it as pinch harmonics, but this one gives more freedom, isn't?
(Pinch harmonic: Touch the string with the thumb of the picking hand during the picking motion right after plucking the string. in our case it matches, no? this looks like we should play Stillborn by BLS)

• Like 1

• Administrator

So it's not a pinch harmonic (nor a tap harmonic) and the symbol is the taping symbol, but you can't do tapin on open fret.

I guess that we should tap near the pickup which kinda make the same noise in some condition but that's really weird the first time you encounter this...

Well too bad it's not really a new tech note but still quite interesting to see that all the guitar player that played this was doing it wrong and didn't care about that tapping indication...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn, you know that you can solve math in several ways no matter how but you'll get the same result, main difference is what you like more long way to make pinch harmonic by slapping string near the bridge and place finger above desired fret to make harmonic sound or just directly do the job, which way to choose is all up to you, my friend :)

I guess that we should tap near the pickup which kinda make the same noise in some condition but that's really weird the first time you encounter this...

As you said its just a hard tapping/hitting with the middle finger on the E string(red) between the pickups. The string will hit the poles of the pickup and generate the strange sound.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I watched the live stream that rocksmith had and they just pressed really hard on the string between your two pickups.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)