***Help*** Can't purchase dlc from steam

ghostrider

Question

14 answers to this question

I need some help.  There are a few tracks I want to purchase via steam since they are not available as a cdlc but it says I have to purchase Rocksmith 2014 first.  How do I get around this? Thank you.

If you bought it outside of Steam you can add it to your Steam library then you should be able to get the DLC. You can buy it through UBI inside of RS if you want. If you didn't purchase RS and are waving the Jolly Roger then buy the game. These guys deserve every penny.

I've bought 3 copies (kids don't share ;)  and do not want o purchase a 4th for my pc.  They do deserve their money but at the same time don't seem to get us the music we really want, ie cdlc, and I understand the whole getting the bands to sign on thing but to me that is an excuse, there is always a way to get it done. 

I like the pc format because of the cdlc which I just discovered this month.  I guess the only thing would be to then ut it a request here for someone with skills to make a cdlc version of the songs? Which I would have no problems donating some coin their direction....Thanks

• Administrator

i have some trouble understanding what you really want.

If you already own RS2014 whatever the platform, you can buy the DLC Ubisoft make on the according online shop steam being pc/mac shop.

Know that giving money in exchange of cdlc creation isn't allowed here, neither is the creation of cdlc of official songs already made by Ubisoft.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

it isn't really the same thing here, what happen is that different store sell the same thing but if you bought it on xbox ,steam won't give it to you for free if you want to have it on pc because the other store can't verify if you really own it in the first place and won't give away something of value for him.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

It's not BS from the store point of view, they don't give away things that you bought somewhere else. Suren it's not the best thing for the customer but that's not a problem that Ubisoft can solve by themself and that would require the cooperation of microsoft, sony, and steam to allow this but they would have absolutely nothing to gainfrom this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

It's not BS at all. If you buy a t-shirt from Walmart that doesn't mean you can go to Target and get the same t-shirt for free.

DLC purchased for PS3 (for example) is licensed for use with that console, and that console alone. Ubisoft had to make special arrangements to allow PS3 and Xbox 360 dlc to be transferred to the new-gen consoles. That's why dlc you purchase on PS3/Xbox can be downloaded on PS4/XB1 for free, but not the other way around. If you buy DLC on a PS4 system you can't download it on a PS3. It's an incentive for users to upgrade.

Purchases made on consoles don't transfer over to PC/Mac because they aren't the same "ecosystem". DLC purchased through Steam is licensed for use on computers, not consoles.

• Like 1

Ok now that it is explained a little better we completely get it. So the answer is no you can't get around it. The RIAA has pretty much a steel trap on what can be done. If they can squeeze a nickel out of you they will. That being said you can enjoy the thousands of quality customs here for FREE. Then go ahead and buy some of the songs again for your PC. Unless you want all of the DLC than yikes! BTW CustomsForge is able fly under the RIAA and UBI radar is we don't pay money for customs, but the site always needs donations for server side stuff.

Also thank you for your service!

The shirt thing is off base, I'm not paying for a material from a different store and looking to get it free from another.  RS is RS just on different platforms, if I've paid for the rights to play the music then why should I have to pay again for the rights to play the same music on RS.  Either way it's just squeezing money out of people because of greed since RS has already agreed and paid for the right for the dlc. So if I want the few songs on my PC I then will have to purchase another RS, making it my 4th, and repurchasing the dlc and making it my 4th, now you see why I call BS.....But my bitching won't change greed so life goes on.  As far as donating to help keep this site open, I already see value in it and from the members so I'll hae to do my part after the holidays. thx.

How hard is it to make my own cdlc?

• Administrator

Well, you pay for the rights to play the music on a specific console. And it isn't just ubisoft that gets the money. If you buy a song on Xbox. Microsoft gets a cut, If you buy a song on Steam. Steam gets a cut. ect. 

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -