Why are there no major band(s) in RS 2014? (Metallica, etc...)

MetallicaRules15

Question

Maybe its not all about being Musically perfected in one's eyes or views.... Maybe its by what others want to play or think is just a cool riff.. Different strokes for different folks.  not hating, just making a point, music can be perfectly imperfect and still be awesome in million different views..

Metallica is garbage...expand your horizons.

I never seen anyone compare Metallica to Garbage, that's two complitely different bands, but yeah I have to agree both are really good. Garbage got official dlc, so I can understand the sentiment, but I'm ok with cdlc for Metallica.

• Like 8

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

for AC/DC there are well believable rumors that they signed an exclusive "be in no other guitar game" deal with their Rockband: ACDC Live title.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

for AC/DC there are well believable rumors that they signed an exclusive "be in no other guitar game" deal with their Rockband: ACDC Live title.

It's not really necessarily they signed an exclusivity contract (those are usually around one-three years rather than indefinite, which would have expired by now), but Harmonix confirmed during the release of that that AC/DC is very against digital distribution hence why that trackpack was never downloadable content and instead had to be bought at Walmart. It's possible we'll see them on the next disc in the same way we saw Arctic Monkeys on-disc, but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we ever saw them as DLC.

I've always got the multitracks.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

It's not really necessarily they signed an exclusivity contract (those are usually around one-three years rather than indefinite, which would have expired by now), but Harmonix confirmed during the release of that that AC/DC is very against digital distribution hence why that trackpack was never downloadable content and instead had to be bought at Walmart. It's possible we'll see them on the next disc in the same way we saw Arctic Monkeys on-disc, but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we ever saw them as DLC.

Cant agree more...

np Big Gun (bass)

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

If you define "major" as the bands/artists who sold the most records then The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. would be on top of the list.

The Beatles have sold more records then AC/DC, Metallica and Guns N'Roses together.

Is a question of tastes. You are talking about very legendary bands that have more time in the music world but atually they aren't in the top,we are talking about RS audience (and thanx god for that). Meanwhile Metallica is still on top of that,not top of your granny old records. For those all those bands you mention,I still prefeer Metallica over all. And for Madonna please not mention her again fo the sake of all of us. ;) You are an old dude by the way.

You are a young person. How many metallica records have you bought, or a ye a pirate?

If you define "major" as the bands/artists who sold the most records then The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. would be on top of the list.

The Beatles have sold more records then AC/DC, Metallica and Guns N'Roses together.

Is a question of tastes. You are talking about very legendary bands that have more time in the music world but atually they aren't in the top,we are talking about RS audience (and thanx god for that). Meanwhile Metallica is still on top of that,not top of your granny old records. For those all those bands you mention,I still prefeer Metallica over all. And for Madonna please not mention her again fo the sake of all of us. ;) You are an old dude by the way.

You are a young person. How many metallica records have you bought, or a ye a pirate?

You know we have moved on in life, you don't have to buy albums to listen to a band without pirating. I subscribe to Google Play Music and all of their albums are on there..... And if you're going to get into piracy then people are distributing and downloading all of the music in CDLC without a license. Try to claim fair usage all you want, the tabs are fair usage but the music doesn't need to be distributed. We can be expected to own the music we're trying to play in CDLC.

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

If you watch the official Rocksmith streams someone always brings up Metallica and the answer is always the same.A 5 or so minute explanation of why we can't just have songs,and what it takes behind the scenes for even getting the rights for it.They say that people just flatout say no, or they just can't make a deal, or that they haven't had much response from the bands in general.Off memory i'm pretty sure it's just that they haven't been able to make a deal yet with Metallica,along with not getting much response.

On 4/28/2015 at 9:28 PM, Guest said:

Metallica is garbage...expand your horizons. Garbage?? The only trash I see is you. I’m just saying this because here this guy is slamming a legendary band who isn’t here to defend themselves, so I’m here to do so.